It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is in the news on none other than YAHOO!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
People still use yahoo?

I guess we can consider it an accomplishment....even if only 20 people read the article.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Black SUV's nah...

We have some really intelligent and currious people here on ATS. It's no surprise that now and then some of the best content that's generated gets picked up by the MSM.

I am surprised, however, that they even gave credit to the website and community.

BTW awesome avatar! I'm asking for a crossbow for x-mas...Can't wait till the next episode!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Its very interesting to see stuff from this site make it into MSM. I've been lurking around here for years. When I first found ATS, I thought I had found a little known corner of the net. As it turns out its way more popular than I ever thought! ATS is now my favorite place to scan for breaking news aside from Al Jaz.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Well, it's nice to know that the world is watching ATS. That was good advertising for ATS, I hope it boosts their sponsors and the owners get a raise. The mods will also get a raise in workload.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
That's awesome. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Im proud to be a member of ATS. In the age of "alternative thinking" more and more people will be joining our ranks!

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yahoio is hardly relevant anymore.. they are barely staying alive .. Microsoft's Bing powers their search and much like google news, they are an aggregator of other news sources..

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

Yeah, I noticed that a while back. I'd log in to ATS and read some interesting stuff. Then I'd find it on Yahoo a couple of hours later. It's been going on for a while now.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Even though it was yahoo its still awesome! I feel famous now

I didn't think about it until someone posted it but I wonder how many MSM people have accounts on ATS? interesting to think about.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There goes the neighborhood.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by mr10k

Yes I think I was just a lurker back when Laughner violently displayed his psychopathy to the world. So I think a collective sigh of relief was given this time. It's nice when the MSM doesn't use its wide brush method to paint us all as raving lunatics.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Huh!
It was a link, in a story about all the dead birds they found in Arkansas
on New Year's Day, and the lame fireworks explanation,
that led me here!

I haven't been the same since!!!

WOQ

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
This shows you who lurks on this site without notice. Sometimes I think we bring too much attention here but hey, that's our job..to get to the bottom of the source.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Will probably garner new membership.

My attention was first drawn to the site after a major news story in which it was mentioned. It wasn't the best publicity but it got me interested

You know I can't even remember why or when I first started coming here. I do remember reading stuff here way before I registered an account though.

I'll bet I first came here looking for ghost stories or something like that around Halloween time. I still come here mostly to read the interesting tales and to be an occasional troll... I mean skeptic

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Haha, I actually saw this article as I have Yahoo on my homepage (hey now, the comment sections entertaining). So, naturally, I checked over on ATS and was glad to see someone made a thread about this.

I feel kind of awesome since I read about the Island on this website first.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by UFCG2012AFHS

Hey, a little mainstream attention...
BRAVO, ATS... BRAVO!

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I'd like to thank the Academy....

What?

Oh, I thought we...

What?

Yahoo?

Not Google?

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Somebody peel me a grape.

I need to save my right hand for all those autographs coming hither.

"Cadbury ! Bring the limo around ! It's time to celebrate with a BigMac and a super-sized McFry ! Chop chop, dear boy !"

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
I read the title of this thread and looked outside because I was positive I was about to see four black SUV's and that I'd be getting an all expense paid trip to a dungeon in Pakistan... Phew...

Oh, and this is not the first time that ATS has beat the MSM to a story - nor been given credit for it.

~Heff
edit on 11/23/12 by Hefficide because: typos are my natural talent

Haha same Heff! I'd been lurking the threads on it and when I read it was my local paper had a quick panic about my browsing habits

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I suspect many yahoo journalists do borrow their headlines from ATS as it often times hits their page 2 - 3 days after it hits ours.

At least this time, it's nice to know that they acknowledge it...

There's always a first, I guess !!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join