It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tell your creepy Forest Story

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xterrain

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by Xterrain

So do you think it may be a bigfoot?

2nd line

I'm not going to tell you what you may or may not have seen/witnessed, but I will recommend that you read the Missing 411 book, as well as watch the youtube video I posted. I used to be on the fence, but no longer is that the case. I just can't 'explain away' the vastness of these occurrences, the sounds that I've heard, nor the scientific factual history of predation by Neanderthals on Humans.

Genetically, it would seem that Neanterthals were/are humans. There is Neanderthal DNA in many people alive today, showing interbreeding. That happens with the same species, typically. The same "kind", if one prefers a Biblical term. Yes, I know about ligers and tigons. My opinion there is that they should redefine what they call a "species". If two animals can interbreed, they are the same sort. That's simple logic. Now, that said, it's true that Neanderthals were a heavier race (many think of them as a race these days, though there is - of course - some debate), and probably stronger. I don't think anyone knows about whether they were harrier or not, because all we have (I think) is bones and tools. In any case, if some of these older races were still around, they would be smart (enough to avoid detection), would probably bury their dead (Neanderthals did), and would surely be cautious of a race that wiped most of them out (according to some fossil evidence).

Still, you have to wonder why they seem shy and non-threatening in so many cases, yet very threatening in others.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluemoonsine
reply to post by ElectricGreen

My Mother had once claimed to had seen a grey in a car in East Texas where I grew up in the younger years in a suburb north of Houston. I wasn't with her at the time and was just tot when she had the experience so I was unaware of this experience till much later in life. I suppose she didn't want to scare me, give me nightmares. Understood!

So I'm currently visiting with her for the holidays and she is sitting in the chair in front of me 'at this time' giving me the details. So here are words verbatim:

" It was daylight. 4 people/beings in the car. One looked exactly like the ET in the movie ET with a big head and skinny neck. The car was passing her though was moving fast. Could have been an actor in a movie though looked very real/lifelike by the way it moved it's head on it's skinny neck." Sounds 'real' to me; no? Can't fake skinny neck, big head, moving around. She was shook up at the time though was not in fear.

That was the only time she claimed to have seen an ET though in the past few years she has seen a few folks here in Florida time to time that just don't seem human by their actions which gives her a eary feeling though not threatening. I wouldn't doubt it as they 'are here' and there^.

edit on 23-11-2012 by Bluemoonsine because: (no reason given)

If you hadn't said Florida or Texas, I would have wondered....if perhaps I passed her. A few years back, I bought a stuffed ET in a toy store. Little guy stands about 2.5 feet tall, and looks pretty good, compared to the movie. When we were driving home (husband, me, teen, and three small kids, who maybe weren't visible from outside), I did play a little with it, actually holding the thing up like a passenger, and making it move a little. Yeah, I am a bit warped that way. I know it got a few odd and shocked looks.

edit on 28-11-2012 by LadyGreenEyes because: oops

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZetaExplorer15

That is Very creepy,imo,one of The creepiest things must be sitting in a tent at night,in an isolated spot,and hearing voices that can not and should not be there-leave alone footsteps!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

That is the weirdest and creepiest story I've read yet. There must have been something chemicals in the air to make you hallucinate or something.

That makes the most sense logically to me, too. But why? And it would have to affect dogs, and give my friend and I basically the same illusion, which I can probably imagine how that could happen. Except he saw the woods go into major freak out mode the same as I did.

This really irritates me, I want to know what happened, and I probably never will!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raxoxane

Yah animals acting predatory to you personally is scary for me. It's interesting that it was a coyote in his case, I wonder if that's what it is when I feel like I'm being stalked in our woods.

It sure seems likely, I saw a damned big coyote chasing an actual buck across our wooded property. I saw the buck just bounding, and was wondering wtf then I see this coyote loping/sprinting after it.

The last I think I saw of him was 3 nights ago, turning around the ATV and catching eye shine in the edge of the headlights as I turned, and seeing them lower down behind a downed tree over there as I kept turning in that direction. It was like seeing the cheshire cat, only it was highly reflective eyes disappearing and not a grin.

I don't know if that was a feral dog, coyote, bobcat or what, and I don't know 100% sure that I get stalked, but it sure feels like it, and it is even more hair raising to me when it happens in the woods in the dark of night.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   
My contribution to this cool thread, which is really not a story per say but more of an experience. Throughout my younger years growing up and into my late 20's I was always in the woods for one reason or another. Me and a close group of friends would spend countless hours riding our dirtbikes/ atv's all over the place. One of my favorite times to ride was at nighttime especially in the fall and winter with a full moon on the snow. Out here far removed from any major cities it is quite dark especially deep in the woods. Being the person with the slowest machine I was usually always the one in the rear of the pack lagging behind. Now the only way I can describe the feeling is the sensation of something cruising just out of sight but close enough to feel a presence of some kind. It never failed every time we went night riding I would get that feeling of something spirit like hauling ass behind me. A strange feeling, thrilling, but unnerving at the same time. Anyone else ever get that feeling while out riding at nighttime? Now that I have a family, kids and my back is no longer up to flying through the woods and bumping around I have to admit I miss the times spent out there at night, and even though it's been many years I can still recall that feeling, what a rush.......

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by louczar

If the world wasn't a mysterious place, it wouldn't be fun. One day, I'm sure something will shed some light on what you saw. Good luck!

posted on Dec, 21 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by louczar

That is the weirdest and creepiest story I've read yet. There must have been something chemicals in the air to make you hallucinate or something.

That makes the most sense logically to me, too. But why? And it would have to affect dogs, and give my friend and I basically the same illusion, which I can probably imagine how that could happen. Except he saw the woods go into major freak out mode the same as I did.

This really irritates me, I want to know what happened, and I probably never will!

Sounds more like a wolf to me... Never heard of a single coyote chasing a deer.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Nice to see stories relating to the wilderness in Maine. I grew up in south Berwick for most of my life, and lived right next to the border of Rollingsford new Hampshire. Main st in south Berwick ends at a bridge going over the salmon falls river leading onto front street on the Rollingsford side. right after the bridge you can take an immediate right onto a dirt road called scoutland rd with a boat dock at the very begging of the trail. you can take a vehicle down it for a few min, but wont be able to go much further without a dirt bike or other off road vehicle. If i remember correctly it runs through several towns in the area and i believe the road got its name because back when my parents where younger it was used by the boy scouts to go camping and do scout stuff.

me and my friends would go there to drink and do other stuff that is legal now in two states along with swimming and enjoying nature. one night a friend, his girl and myself decide to drive down the road and park and do our thing when a very odd thing acured

the dirt road is fairly hard packed and contains no gravel so you could go along at a comfortable clip without much concern. It was as dark as the night was going to get and We had just started down the road. I was the only person in the back seat and after a good 30 seconds, I looked out the right back passenger window into the woods. Approx 6 to 10 feet into the woods i could barely see what looked like a pair of white legs (2 not 4) running in the woods along side of the car at least keeping pace with the vehicle. I super quick memory scan to try to make sense of what it was and i remembered that we have white geese in the area that are rather large and not very friendly. a few moments later something on 2 legs whitish and approx human sized darted from the same side of the road approx 8 feet in front of the vehicle and to the left side of the road. my friend didn't slow down and no one else seemed to have acted like they noticed anything leaving me wondering if my mind was wigging out on me. I let a good fifteen seconds go by until i finally said out loud, Uh..... guys? did anyone else just see that? And both my friends let out a loud simultaneous YES!

Till this day we still bring it up every so often and go over the whole event to try to understand and refresh the incident. the only thing we can agree on is that it wasn't a goose, that's for sure. not too scary in a vehicle, but had we been walking i probably would have peed myself.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
My contribution to this cool thread, which is really not a story per say but more of an experience. Throughout my younger years growing up and into my late 20's I was always in the woods for one reason or another. Me and a close group of friends would spend countless hours riding our dirtbikes/ atv's all over the place. One of my favorite times to ride was at nighttime especially in the fall and winter with a full moon on the snow. Out here far removed from any major cities it is quite dark especially deep in the woods. Being the person with the slowest machine I was usually always the one in the rear of the pack lagging behind. Now the only way I can describe the feeling is the sensation of something cruising just out of sight but close enough to feel a presence of some kind. It never failed every time we went night riding I would get that feeling of something spirit like hauling ass behind me. A strange feeling, thrilling, but unnerving at the same time. Anyone else ever get that feeling while out riding at nighttime? Now that I have a family, kids and my back is no longer up to flying through the woods and bumping around I have to admit I miss the times spent out there at night, and even though it's been many years I can still recall that feeling, what a rush.......

YES. Once, when out on a snowmobile with my ex, out in the country in Ohio, got the weirdest feeling that we were being watched, and, to a point, followed, though felt like whatever it was, was in the woods. Same woods that some locals claimed had a Bigfoot, too. Really DARK out there, save the snowmobile lights, and could have been anything; we could not have seen it. Exciting, but seriously creepy, too, and I don't creep out at night easily.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 03:43 AM
link   
I see that a few others shared their desert stories here so i guess i should be o.k. to post mine.

A few years ago, I visited a friend in victorvill CA. I hadn't really experienced the desert yet, and being the outdoorsy type I was pretty excited. My friend asked me if there was anything in particular that I wanted to do while I was there. I had said that as long as i can go to a quite little spot in the dessert to take in the vast open night sky without any light pollution then i will be content.

after a long day of visiting with his family and friends, and a quick trip to the bar, we grabbed a couple of acquaintances and made our way to the desert just out side of town not to long after dusk.

The spot was perfect. It was just barely far enough from civilization that all my conditions where met. we had parked off the road a little bit and aside from the hill/cliff off to the left where i believe the road continued, it was fairly flat and completely open. the only other thing around was a small building that was being constructed just to our right. It was just a foundation and a 2x4 frame with some materials lying around.

the four of us where standing between the front right head light of the car and the small frame structure just peering up at the night sky, enjoying the blanket of glitter while making small talk and more than likely giggling like school girls when the serenity of the moment was shattered with what sounded like a pack of hounds from hell growling and barking and gnarling and gnashing like these creatures where dedicated to ripping the souls directly from anything they came across. It was absolutely terrifying. it couldn't have been coming from more than 20 feet away which is probably only a 2 second light jog for a four legged spawn of satan. It was coming directly from behind the car. The absolute moment we collectively heard it our heads snapped behind us and then back to each other. It seemed like forever passed (aprox half a second) before one girl yelled "GET IN THE CAR!"

We burst into action and some how we made it the full 6 feet to the car, and i swear to you it was like synchronized swimming. We all ended up in the exact same seat we where sitting when we drove in and all 4 doors SLAMMED shut at the same time. It happened so fast i still don't remember clearly making it the 6 feet, jumping in, and closing the door. I just remember the four doors slamming and turning to neurotically peer through the window into the dark night not being able to see anything to counter the image of Cerberus screaming around the vehicle ready to strip the flesh from my slender bones.

Now as if this already didn't sound like its taking the direction of half the horror movies that Hollywood has graced us with, we where not in the vehicle for 5 sec trying to get our bearings on the situation before one of the girls shouted "OH NO, MY SANDAL" while she turned to look out the window in the direction we had just come from. Now, I cant remember verbatim my expressed feelings towards the sandal, but I believe I screamed something like "!@#$ THE SANDAL!!!!" I was more than prepared to buy her any number of sandals to make up for Cerberus and crew's new human scented chew toy.
then we noticed something that was almost even more frightening. Silence. the sounds had vanished almost as quickly as they came.

this whole situation up till this point could not have been any more than 30 seconds. After we listened for another 15 seconds my brave friend decided he would make a dash for the sandal since was able to locate it. I re affirmed my feelings towards said sandal , but he jumped out anyway and nabbed the sandal without incident.

what i don't understand about this event is the fact that we never heard the dogs approach from the distance. most dogs announce their dislike for you being in the vicinity well in advance. I would even say as soon as they get the chance to, but this happened so darn close to us, and then they vanished. all within aprox a minute. But the sound of these dogs was other worldly. I've been around dogs all my life, and they just sounded completely nasty.
edit on 22-12-2012 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2012 by 404ed because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

Creepy stuff! I would not have gotten out for a shoe, either! Do you think there is a chance of this being coyotes? Maybe chasing something, and making a kill behind the car? Just tossing that out as a possibility, though even that would be pretty scar, since a pack could easily be a threat!

Still.....I remember a night when I was in HS, and something was following myself and a couple of friends. I heard dog feet on the pavement, and one friend swore she saw a two-headed "hell hound". I know we were all terrified, and something was prowling around where the one girl's brother and a friend were camping in the nearby hills, too. So, Cerberus.....maybe?

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 04:32 AM
link   
This picture of the moon over the treetops as my avatar was taken the night I was really wanting to see a UFO and thinking about the existence of "aliens", having seen a UFO prior to that night I really wanted to see another, but alas I didn't see a spaceship or any ETs whatsoever. Minutes after I took this photo, I noticed that to my right there was what seemed to be a dense fog in the meadow which I thought was strange since the fog was only to the right of the meadow and not engulfing the rest of my surroundings, less than a minute after I took a mental note that what I was seeing wasn't normal to me I heard a loud clear male voice shout out, "I AM JIMMY HOFFA!", I got SO creeped out I was scared, so I started walking back home legitimizing my fear with "I don't know any Hoffas around here!" The feeling I got after that yell was like an ALARM went off and I had to get to a safe place. The next day I asked my dad "Does the name, 'Jimmy Hoffa' mean anything to you?" He told me that it was the name of a Union activist or something like that, who had dissappeared.

UFOs, "little men", sasquatchs... I've heard some stories.

posted on Dec, 22 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

No, i doubt coyotes. the sounds where very loud like a couple of medium to large sized dogs in a really nasty fight with each other, or at least being aggressively territorial. I am not into the paranormal nor do i actually believe that it was literally Cerberus. just trying to make the story a little more entertaining. But, yeah. I am still left a little perplexed by the whole deal. We didn't even see any dogs. they must have been very dark in color or it was just to dark to notice.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Where and what year did that happen? We had the same thing in the late 70s thru 1983 happen in upstate NY. It screamed like Big Foot and turned our animals inside out. It was the most god awful thing my family ever witnessed. They could never find it, Just smell it and hear it. Scared my mom, grandmother, and older sister and brother for years.

posted on Dec, 28 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 404ed
reply to post by LadyGreenEyes

No, i doubt coyotes. the sounds where very loud like a couple of medium to large sized dogs in a really nasty fight with each other, or at least being aggressively territorial. I am not into the paranormal nor do i actually believe that it was literally Cerberus. just trying to make the story a little more entertaining. But, yeah. I am still left a little perplexed by the whole deal. We didn't even see any dogs. they must have been very dark in color or it was just to dark to notice.

Not seeing them does seem very odd, especially if it was a group, which is what it sounds like you heard! I have seen a coyote at night, once, and they aren't that hard to spot.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:10 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

THAT is creepy as hell,made me think of the movie The Descent.Btw,love your signature-Diderot sounds like some one with a sharp mind.Showed my hubby this+told him:See,not All of the French are blithering idiots(he hates the French).He said Diderot was ok then,but he left out the bankers.So i pointed out that the bankers Are the kings now,so Diderot Has (inadvertently) included them anyway :-)

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft
reply to post by rickymouse

OT: Resized and centered for you (240 x 170 pixels - Avatar size)

What is this pic anyway?
line

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 404ed

Another super-creepy thing.I love wolves and dogs,but real,normal ones.I would've been really freaked out if this happened to me.Sometimes at night i hear a dog howling in the night,but thats still a good wholesome natural sound.Freaks my young son out,though,he always seems to expect a rabid dog to come rushing up the driveway when he hears that.So then i explain again that rabid dogs are too sick+in pain to howl that impressively and lustily.In my country the black people believe that when a few dogs in a neighbourhood start howling at the same time,it means they're seeing spirits around.A black lady once asked me if i heard of this,and i told her many whites believe so too.I tend to keep an open mind on that one.Because that "spirit howl" has a quality to it that normal "howling just because they can" dont have in it.I catch in the "spirit howl" something like outrage/disgust,idk maybe im anthropomorphising here,but its like a sound of protest at something unacceptable.

posted on Dec, 29 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I find the theme of occult practices in the woods unnerving.

I grew up in the early 80's on the edge of town and essentially lived two houses from a set of woods bordering the edge. On the odd summer night (with my bedroom window open) I could faintly hear creepy music emanating from those woods. Now (in retrospect) this wasn't rock or pop music that teenagers (at that time) having a 'pit' party might listen to, but weird horned type music. If it makes any sense it sounded like some medieval type music.

Anyways, one day some friends and I were exploring these backwoods when we stumbled across some stone arrangements, and the remnants of what looked like a bonfire. I don't remember the exact arrangement of these stones but I DO remember the gruesome discovery of a corpse of a very large coyote (or wolf?) that had an axe still in it's side.

One friend in particular is still very close and we occasionally bring that incident up. We never told any adults about it but we always wondered if there was some types of sacrifices going on out there. It was a very creepy place.

At that time there were rampant rumours of Satanism (as I suspect many areas across N. America). In fact, 5-10 years later, the next town over saw a huge child abuse/satanic ring exposed. This was a big time scandal. Town leaders, police, etc. were all implicated. Years after prosecutions and acquittals, the prosecutor who brought these charges in the early 90's was sued for wrongful prosecution and subsequently fired.

But what gets me is who WERE these people that hung out in these woods? And what do they do now?
edit on 29-12-2012 by Goldcurrent because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join