It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

20 Questions Christians Can't Answer!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Vicarious10000

No they are not...science can be proved by watching it work, you can not prove any basis of religion is true.
2th
oh and stop being lazy type it out yourself.

Theory is the same as belief. Belief in a theory is faith. Science is religion.

Theory. An be tested by the scientific method making it science. Religion is beliving thousand year old texts as fact.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

The answers to the questions you seek are with'in you..

or

Find the answers for yourself as I did.

or

Nice troll thread.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

You do not understand what scientific theory means here.
Scientific theory is
a well-substantiated explanation of some aspect of the natural world, based on a body of facts that have been repeatedly confirmed through observation and experiment.

en.wikipedia.org...

Just because it has the word theory in it it doesn't mean it is not 100% fact.

So I stand by my last post.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Then tell us the answers then...do not call the OP a troll because they are all questions I for one would like to see you answer.
Typical religious people...don't like a thread because it questions your faith so you yell troll.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadowcast

Religion can be tested. Take the sunlight away from a plant it dies! Therefore the sun was the plants god.

Take the 6 days of creation out of the equation and you can't explain why atoms vibrate.

Atoms vibrate because of sound everything is sound. Therefore when god said let there be light, light was created by sound.

Therefore religion proves science and vice versa. You know nothing but bashin other people's intelligence. When infact your the one with more to learn.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
God did not and Jesus did not write any chapters of the Testaments, people did. And this is science.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vicarious10000

Religion can be tested. Take the sunlight away from a plant it dies! Therefore the sun was the plants god.

Take the 6 days of creation out of the equation and you can't explain why atoms vibrate.

Atoms vibrate because of sound everything is sound. Therefore when god said let there be light, light was created by sound.

Therefore religion proves science and vice versa. You know nothing but bashin other people's intelligence. When infact your the one with more to learn.

By that logic Atheists would all be dead because of lack of God on their lives?

Are you serious?

+12 more 
posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
1. Kangaroos getting to Australia.

This isn’t a “Christian” question. It comes from the Old Testament that is shared by Christians, Muslims, and Jews. It also assumes a fundamentalist interpretation of a Biblical story. It may surprise you to learn that most “Christians” are not fundamentalists and are willing to take a more metaphorical interpretation of Biblical stories. Overall a very stupid question that shows the naïveté of the questioner.

2. Tar covering the seams making it dark.

Total conjecture on part of the questioner. The Bible does not say the ark was air tight. Besides, boats float. There is no reason Noah couldn’t have “opened the window” any more than you couldn’t open the window of a sailboat while sailing in the rain. Not an overly bright question.

3. Adam and Eve eating from the tree of knowledge.

An easy answer is that God punished them because he had told them not to eat the apple, period. Adam & Eve did not require the knowledge of good and evil. They violated a direct order. Once again, of course, most Christians take this story as a metaphor for leaving innocence behind and learning the realities of the world. And, once again, this is an Old Testament story that really has little to do with Christianity as a whole.

4. Why did God stand aside and let Satan mess with the kids?

I dunno. Ask God. It’s not an issue Christians need to worry about. It’s just an Old Testament story. God was “testing their faith.” They lost.

5. Jesus tomb stone rolled away?

Congrats. The fifth question at least has something to do with Christianity. Answer: The angel moved the stone, maybe, depending on which of the four gospels you believe, each of which tell a different story.

6. How many women went to the tomb?

Once again, depends on the gospel.

7. Paul believing creation stories were historical fact

Paul’s Epistles are an important indication of the workings of the early church. They don’t need to be “thrown out” any more than stories of Zeus need to be thrown out. But at least here you finally agree that Christians see some Biblical stories as allegorical. Good job!

8. How many donkeys did Jesus ride?

Ah, so you actually know there are differences in the 4 main gospels! Good for you! We don’t know which gospel is historically accurate. They were all written many years after the events. Like any stories in oral traditions, there are bound to be differences. They are not particularly significant as all 4 tell essentially the same story.

9. Who was Joseph’s father?

I dunno. Is that important?

10.When w as Jesus crucified?

John is different than the other three gospels. Not surprising. It’s the youngest gospel, and the “most different” than the other three. It was written well after the other three when everyone who had seen Jesus alive was long dead.

I’m not going to bother with the next ten as these are sufficient. People who “question Christians” in this manner obviously feel their questions are “Gotcha!” questions that somehow prove the falsehood or contradictions found in Biblical stories. Christian scholars have gone far beyond these naïve attempts to answer what “really” happened many years ago. In other words, they are way ahead of you. And so is Bertrand Russell, by the way. His “Why I am not a Christian” is much more erudite than these overly silly examples.

The interesting thing these questions say to me is how naïve they are. In fact, it looks to me as if anti-Christians are way more fundamentalist than Christians are. I don’t know very many Christians who even believe Noah’s Ark happened at all. They dismiss it as a Sunday School fairy tale they learned as kids, and don’t give it a second thought.

The whole issue with the gospels is beyond disappointing. Do you think Christains are unaware that the four gospels sometimes contradict each other? Do you seriously believe that anyone reading them could not figure that out pretty readily? The real question is why you think these minor differences make a difference?

But these “questioners” worry about whether there were portholes in the ark. They are taking it at face value, as if it really happened, when Christians are saying, “You guys are nuts!” So in an attempt to somehow denigrate Christianity, these questioners start out betraying the fact they don’t even know what Christianity is about. Far from making Christianity look silly, it makes them look silly.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
God did not and Jesus did not write any chapters of the Testaments, people did. And this is science.

So ancient men who came out of caves were alot more intelligent then we are today? Is that because god walked amongst them?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Actually atheism is rebellion and that is an aspect of god so why would god strike them dead. If you wanted to be literal worshipping jesus is idol worship so infact christians may well be struck down first.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Wrong again atoms vibrate because of kinetic energy, ice cubes left out of the freezer get warmer and vibrate more, if you get something to absolute zero they stop vibrating.
Oh man you need to goto school or a science class I learnt this when I was 13.
But enough answering your silly notions.
One last thing sound only exists if there is air like the movie says "In space no one can hear you scream"
edit on 18-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

What causes that kenetic energy? All it is, is bass and tenor! WHat you may not realise is that everything on the planet right now reflects something in the cosmos and everything in this reality reflects everything on the other side.

So by and far you do not understand as above so below.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I think this thread is geared more towards creationists and Christians who take the bible as world for word fact. I know many Christians who have common sense but I'm in Texas and there were a bunch of bible thumpers on the side of the road with their "God hates fags" and other catchy hate slogans. I never understood how God could "hate". I was taught God loves everyone. We should try to do the same.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
My simple Question to Christians is...

Where did those Giant Lizards (Dinosaurs) come from?

edit on 18-11-2012 by Pedro4077 because: added image

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Atheists being so smart in their arrogance and smug in their ignorance are the ones who for sure can't answer.
Why pester Christians with their doubts ?

Then tell us the answers then...do not call the OP a troll because they are all questions I for one would like to see you answer.

And get it straight pal I didn't call the OP anything by saying this is a troll thread.
edit on 18-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

I give up I really do.
No point trying to reason with some people, I could spend my time showing you facts to do with it but you will just come up with some mumbo jumbo and put your fingers in your ears singing tra la la.
Goodnight all.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
How big the World was to the people when great flood happened? Some scientists says the World to people in average was no bigger than 10-15 miles. So was the Great flood really a great flood when all land was covered with water or tsunami in that area.

If Noah took two animals of all species on the earth that would take almost 50 000 animals on board, how long time would that take? The size of the ark is about 20 baseball fields. 8 people took care of these animals.. those had been very busy days.

So i think Kangaroos never were in the Ark.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by 1NEO001

Ah, so you too have watched The Life of Brian?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by dollukka
How big the World was to the people when great flood happened? Some scientists says the World to people in average was no bigger than 10-15 miles. So was the Great flood really a great flood when all land was covered with water or tsunami in that area.

If Noah took two animals of all species on the earth that would take almost 50 000 animals on board, how long time would that take? The size of the ark is about 20 baseball fields. 8 people took care of these animals.. those had been very busy days.

So i think Kangaroos never were in the Ark.

The only way the Ark story can make any sense is if they were collecting DNA, and even that would be difficult because here we are in 2012 and we still havent discovered every species on this earth.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Now we are talking about Atlantians, they were clever as they were genetically engineered. Intresting myth.

But you missed my point, Testaments were written by people at that time not by God or Jesus. And the fact they were written by people is a scientific fact. Old testament was written 1400 B.C, they were no longer cave men.
edit on 18-11-2012 by dollukka because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join