It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-virus Pioneer John McAfee Wanted for Murder

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Antivirus pioneer John McAfee is on the run from murder charges, Belize police say. According to Marco Vidal, head of the national police force's Gang Suppression Unit, McAfee is a prime suspect in the murder of American expatriate Gregory Faull, who was gunned down Saturday night at his home in San Pedro Town on the island of Ambergris Caye. Details remain sketchy so far, but residents say that Faull was a well-liked builder who hailed originally from California. The two men had been at odds for some time. Last Wednesday, Faull filed a formal complaint against McAfee with the mayor's office, asserting that McAfee had fired off guns and exhibited "roguish behavior." Their final disagreement apparently involved dogs.

Article

edit on 11/12/12 by davcwebb because: (no reason given)

edit on Mon Nov 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Nov 12 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
absolutely nuts, arguing over dogs and he pops the guy?
I cant wait to see his defense unfold.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
So.....................? Really whats the interview prove other than hes still out of jail......
Whats the chances this is a set-up job by somebody else??
Who? I dunno, competitor, maybe? Some goverment or other? Did maybe Obama order this for some supposed security breach ?
Revenge for ?
Or did he just not like the dead guy that much?
Duh we need facts.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling
So.....................? Really whats the interview prove other than hes still out of jail......
Whats the chances this is a set-up job by somebody else??
Who? I dunno, competitor, maybe? Some goverment or other? Did maybe Obama order this for some supposed security breach ?
Revenge for ?
Or did he just not like the dead guy that much?
Duh we need facts.

duh you need to take a break from conspiracy sites

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Antivirus Founder, John McAfee, Claims arrest and harassment by GSU

Back in May, Mr. Mcafee was under a rising degree of 'friction'....

I wonder if this charge is related? Or should we assume that he's guilty?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Anyone following this case might find this interesting....

John McAfee, Unhinged: His Bizarre Breaks From Reality

On November 12, Belizean police announced that anti-virus software tycoon John McAfee was wanted for questioning in connection with the murder of Gregory Faull, his neighbor on a tropical island. The police launched a manhunt in the tiny Central American nation, which is still ongoing.

As the news broke, I was just finishing up a six-month investigation into McAfee’s life for a Wired magazine feature planned for the January issue. In light of the murder and ensuing manhunt, Wired published the feature early, and at expanded length, as a 13-chapter e-book.

The short version: McAfee is a complex and volatile person. I can say that in my two visits to Belize, and in dozens of phone conversations, McAfee was reasonable and lucid. But on a number of occasions, he snapped.

This article includes the audio of phone conversations with Mr. McAfee where he recounts in his own words (rough language) some of the events....

All in all the journalists are either telling the truth; or want us to believe ... something else....

Enjoy!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Here's a video with Joe Rogan and John McAfee on the Joe Rogan Experience (Podcast). Due to not being able to start my own thread I'm posting it here. Also I don't know how to embed a video to ATS. Hopefully the link works.

vimeo.com...
edit on 27-11-2012 by KGTR312 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Report: Anti-virus software pioneer McAfee captured

Police say they simply want to question the 67-year-old about the murder of fellow American Gregory Faull, a Florida native who was found dead at his home last month in a pool of blood on the Caribbean island of Ambergris Caye.

Faull, 52, was shot in the back of the head, according to a police report. There were no signs of a break-in, and a laptop and cell phone were missing.

McAfee has said he fears for his life and was fleeing authorities with whom he has been at odds ever since refusing to make a donation to a local politician’s campaign.

In Belize, a source at the US embassy speaking privately said people close to McAfee, in the town of Carmelita, in the San Pedro area, had denied that he was captured. A police spokesman meanwhile said he had no information on a possible arrest.

Link

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
IF

True this just proves that no matter how much money you have it doesn't prevent you from being stupid.

Worth Gagillians throws it all away over a spat

Moron

new topics

top topics

join