It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the world supposed to be a bad place?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm aware that sounds like an odd question, but hear me out for a second.
The last couple of months I've become more and more spiritual even though I was a devout agnostic-atheist before. I'm not sure how, maybe I met the right people at the right time, or maybe my soul is becoming more dominant than my ego, it's not really important. But the question I impose is in my opinion.

Thanks to a thread the ATS user ascension211 made a couple of days ago I've learned about soul ages and other interesting stuff. This site explains what I'm talking about.

The reason why I ask if the world is supposed to be a bad place may have become clear if you read the article.

The following descriptions will be lacking detail, but it gives you an idea of all the soul ages.

The infant soul (aka the youngest type of soul) basically only cares about his survival, a ''caveman'' if you will.
The infant soul would not be able to learn about survival if the world was a paradise where everyone lived in harmony

The baby soul has a need for leadership and a need to ''fit in''. Some conspiracy theorists like to refer to them as sheep, or ''sheeple'. The baby soul would not be able to seek this acceptance if everyone accepted each other, and there would not be need for leadership because who needs a leader in paradise, right?

The young soul wants to take power in its own hands. They want everything the physical realm has to offer. They become presidents, bosses, etc. Young souls are very materialistic as well.
In paradise you would not be able to be materialistic because those materials (if they exist in paradise in the first place) would be spread among the people equally, and there is no need for leadership either.

The mature soul wants to make the world a better place. They become more sympathetic and loving.
They also deal with a lot of psychological problems such as schizophrenia and depression, probably because they beat themselves up too much. That's why a lot of mature souls start using drugs as well.
There would be no need to improve the world if everything was peace and love as you probably already figured out.

The old soul basically just wants to walk the path with the least obstacles, that's why they're usually perceived as ''lazy'' or ''apathetic''. That doesn't mean they don't care, quite the contrary actually, they care more than all soul ages. It's just that the physical realm has lost its attraction as they are coming closer to ascending to the next dimension. The old soul only wants to spiritually grow while not judging anybody.
Because after all, why judge someone if they're just souls that haven't had the same lesson you had many lifetimes ago? Loving everyone (yes, even all the corrupt politicians) and everything is usually what they do because they know it's all part of something bigger.

I would like to hear what you guys have to say about this.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

Human Beings are animals and part of Earths Animal Kingdom. We Evolved into what we are due to the conditions that were present in what is now Ethiopia or around that area some 5 Million years ago. At that time a lush Tropical Jungle turned into a much dyer Savanna.

This forced our ancestors out of the less present trees and forced evolution of their form into a Bi-Pedal upright walking animal. We also lost our fur and grew taller as this was needed to Hunt as well as have a greater line of sight for distance for finding prey as well as avoiding predators. We also developed a fantastic energy storage and utilization method in our bodies as a Human Being can out run and track down any animal alive as well as we can out distance any other animal on Earth.

We also had to develop a large and complex Brain as we had no teeth or claws that would kill prey we developed tools and tactics. We also developed eventually speech then drawing and eventually writing. This of course led us to develop Religion as anything we did not understand was attributed to GODS or a GOD.

I do not believe in Religion but I do believe in Spirituality. The World is as it is because we have still yet not evolved mentally to have the ability to be able to solve our issues without conflict. THIS is why the World is what it is. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ssupp

That is a quite plausible scenario and near what I believe. Do you think the soul can achieve the various stages in one lifetime?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I do not believe in Religion but I do believe in Spirituality. The World is as it is because we have still yet not evolved mentally to have the ability to be able to solve our issues without conflict. THIS is why the World is what it is. Split Infinity

But don't you find it interesting that this also corresponds with my theory?
Many people have evolved beyond solving issues with conflicts, aka the mature and old souls.
I mean, Dalai Lama and other great spiritual leaders aren't like the cold blooded description you gave us humans, right?

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I've read that there are 7 parts within each of the soul ages, and they take between 1 to 10 lifetimes to complete each. So yes, some souls learn faster than others, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to go from infant soul to old soul in one lifetime.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ssupp
The last couple of months I've become more and more spiritual even though I was a devout agnostic-atheist before. I'm not sure how, maybe I met the right people at the right time, or maybe my soul is becoming more dominant than my ego, it's not really important...

I think your description of the 'soul ages' might be right on but i am more interested in this. What led you to this enhanced spirituality? I've met many people in my online travels who share this experience. My own started in February of this year. So many things in my life have done a complete 180 it is not even funny.

I would Love to here anything you care to share. My experience can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers my friend!

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

But don't you find it interesting that this also corresponds with my theory?
Many people have evolved beyond solving issues with conflicts, aka the mature and old souls.
I mean, Dalai Lama and other great spiritual leaders aren't like the cold blooded description you gave us humans, right?

Given the right set of conditions...anyone can be turned into a Killer. Some may say that they would not kill no matter what but that all changes when your body instinctively goes into a Fight or Flight mode. I have seen the most peaceful of people turn into vicious animals when it comes to things such as their Families survival or protection of them selves...then again...I have seen selflessness to the point that a person will sacrifice themselves in order to save another or others. THAT...selflessness is a step in the right direction.
Split Infinity

link   
It's a good question...

There's an old poem that goes like this.....

"Life is made for joy and woe,
and when this we rightly know,
threw the world we safely go,
joy and woe is woven fine,
a clothing for the soul devine,...
bla bla bla....ha ha"

Okay I just ruined it but you get the idea...I think life is designed in that there's hot/cold , black/white, good/bad. We can't have one in this life without the other. It simply isn't designed to just one "one of something".

It's good that you believe in a soul. But I'd scrap this idea of old, new baby, mature etc etc etc. that will just confuse you. That's all just new age stuff. It's better to just get in touch with God. That's all you have to do. Then he'll show you everything else. That happens by way of prayer. Good luck in your spiritual journey. ;-p .... old soul ha ha ;p

link   

Originally posted by soulshn

The last couple of months I've become more and more spiritual even though I was a devout agnostic-atheist before. I'm not sure how, maybe I met the right people at the right time, or maybe my soul is becoming more dominant than my ego, it's not really important...

I think your description of the 'soul ages' might be right on but i am more interested in this. What led you to this enhanced spirituality? I've met many people in my online travels who share this experience. My own started in February of this year. So many things in my life have done a complete 180 it is not even funny.

I would Love to here anything you care to share. My experience can be found here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Cheers my friend!

I honestly don't know how it happened. Maybe when I started learning about astral projection thanks to another ATS user. Not that I've astral projected before, but I have meditated several times and this may have resulted in me being more open minded towards things like this. Or maybe it's got to do with 2012, who knows.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Anyway I'm going to bed now, I shouldn't have started a thread so soon before bed but I had to get it out of my system if you get what I mean.

Thank you for your comments all, I hope to read more of them tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I think this is a very good way of summing up 'the walk'.

The ancients deserve our gratitude, our respect and our love
edit on 5-11-2012 by AussieAmandaC because: your other thread gave me goose bumps! Beautiful! x

posted on Nov, 5 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I would say that if anything we are merely an instance of a reality or universe of many that has the potential to rise up instead of being unworthy of a living being or artilects time.

Almost has to be that

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Nonsense, don't limit your mind to definitions - there are all kinds of unique individuals - the idea of age is only limited by memory - wipe your memory and you are young again.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

reply to post by sligtlyskeptical

I've read that there are 7 parts within each of the soul ages, and they take between 1 to 10 lifetimes to complete each. So yes, some souls learn faster than others, but I'm pretty sure it's impossible to go from infant soul to old soul in one lifetime.

Seven parts you say? One part for each chakra maybe?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Heres my answer in 8 short words

The world Ought to be a good place

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Great thread, the spiritual world (our home) is all good, we incarnate here to live tough times and advance through them.

IMHO of course this world is supposed to be hard, its a school planet, its not supposed to be a walk in the park.

Its hard but it pays off big time, enjoy it.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
And if you guys want answers about the world read these books:
- Journey of souls
- Destiny of souls

By Michael Newton

Google them, the PDFs are out there.

You will love them.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
the world is a beautiful place.... its people that are bad....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

True, but the humans have such a great impact on this beautiful planet that it's become somewhat of a hell for most people.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

I haven't thought of it that way.
That actually kinda makes sense.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join