It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TOTAL DeVaStaTion (Photos)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Sorry don't see any DeVaStaTion. Looks like just a slow day at times square.

edit on 3-11-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

edit on 3-11-2012 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

You obviously don't get it! A slow day at Times Square means less money being spent. Less money means that big businesses aren't raking it in. This is bad for the economy.

MUST SPEND MORE MONEY........

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I don't get your title and picture - they seem to make light of the damages.
Yet your links show otherwise.
I'm retracting my initial post about insensitivity though I;m sure others will think the same if glancing over the OP.
edit on 3-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: corrections

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by proob4

That was the most RIDICULOUS statement i have ever seen on ATS. "Slow day at Times Square"? There are NO "slow days" in Times Square. It's the CITY THAT NEVER SLEEPS!
for your statement. Such DE-NI-AL!

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
They've already counted (officially) over 100 dead and estimated damages over $20 Billion.
Your attempt at mockery is a slap in the face to everyone who lost loved ones, homes and businesses.
Humor has it's place but generally not while people are still suffering serious effects from the storm.
If you can't show a little compassion the least you can do is not ridicule their predicament.

Sorry...but I'm NOT TRYING TO BE FUNNY. If you people don't think...this isn't TOTAL DE-VA-STA-TION...not only to NY/NJ but to us as well, then....you need to learn more about economics. Perhaps, YOU think this is just some kind of "hurricane damage" and really not UNDERSTANDING how DIRE this situation is.

And....you know what....i'm from Jersey. I went to school and worked in Manhattan. I partied down at the Jersey Shore. MANY of my friends are still there. YOU HAVE NO IDEA....HOW DIRE THIS SITUATION IS! It's WORSE than you could ever dream POSSIBLE! Who said i was
Did you watch the video "We are all gonna die"? If not, you should before you make your ASSUMPTION that i was

Let me also add..that i'm currently on the West Coast...but i'm CONSTANTLY checking for updates and information, to my peoples back East. As a matter of fact, 3 of my friends....read my message and were able to get gas, without having to wait. I'm DOING what i can do....right from here. What about you? Any of you?

Again, if you don't think the devastation that hit New York is going to affect us.....you're DE-LU-SION-AL! Look what 9-11 did? Well, this is 100x's worse!!!!
edit on 3-11-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SpittinTruth

My apologies.
See my edited post above.
Your intent was very unclear.
(couldn't get the all gonna die video to load)
edit on 3-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
(Self Snip) Same reaction as others for the same reason. Hmmmm.......... In events people are dying and suffering in...still on going....still developing...perhaps exceptionally clear meaning is a great idea. Just my thoughts..
edit on 3-11-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

"A picture tells a thousand words" has never been truer - that first link clearly shows the extent of damage.

Mother nature certainly does not discriminate when she unleashes.

The clean-up will be a monumental task - I'm certain that you are up to the challenge and will rise from these ashes.

Is there a legitimate site you can recommend for $ donations - I'd like to help my American brothers and sisters across the pacific.

My prayers and with you all - especially the children.

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

My apologies.
See my edited post above.
Your intent was very unclear.
(couldn't get the all gonna die video to load)
edit on 3-11-2012 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

Well...title is everything...and everyone has seen all the pics they needed to see, to put things into perspective. But the one picture they haven't shown...is the one i posted. That's the one that frightens me the most. It's kinda like shutting down a big machine, and having to start it up again, after it's been idle for an extensive amount of time. And, not to be "religious" but REVELATIONS 18 comes to mind.

9“When the kings of the earth who committed adultery with her and shared her luxury see the smoke of her burning, they will weep and mourn over her. 10Terrified at her torment, they will stand far off and cry: “‘Woe! Woe, O great city, O Babylon, city of power! In one hour your doom has come!’

11“The merchants of the earth will weep and mourn over her because no one buys their cargoes any more— 12cargoes of gold, silver, precious stones and pearls; fine linen, purple, silk and scarlet cloth; every sort of citron wood, and articles of every kind made of ivory, costly wood, bronze, iron and marble; 13cargoes of cinnamon and spice, of incense, myrrh and frankincense, of wine and olive oil, of fine flour and wheat; cattle and sheep; horses and carriages; and bodies and souls of men.
SOURCE

Remember all the posts on ATS, with their "end of the world" scenarios? Well....i betcha didn't think it would end like this!

Also THANKS!!! for the apology! Not many can step up and admit their errors. It's very HUMBLE of you!

ETA: Note the numbers of the verses....9 and 11???

edit on 3-11-2012 by SpittinTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Wow.
And I thought this was bad:

edit on 3-11-2012 by stupid girl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Ooh, another merchant of fear at ATS!

Seriously, knock it the # off. The victims of Sandy don't need this nonsense.

new topics

top topics

join