It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. says CIA responded within 25 minutes to Benghazi attack (NO Stand Down!)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
reply to post by butcherguy

Well then, I suppose you can tell me all the specs on the hellicopter that crashed?

Yeah, I didn't think so!
Get off of tech specs, I'm not asking for the specs on the equipment used, I'm asking for a timeline. I am asking for who knew what when at the White house.

Answer me this, but first, let's look at what you wrote:

Duh. Because in the end, we got our man in that operation. Details are still being witheld about the "classified
chopper".

You say that we 'got our man in that operation'.

Here's the question: Is al Qaeda finished? Is there any work left for the CIA to do with regard to the terrorists operating in Pakistan, or the rest of the world.

We got our man, eh? The operations of the CIA in regard to al Qaeda did not stop with bin Laden's death.

Hold on to your 'duh' and the deflectionary use of a crashed chopper that the Chinese went over with a fine-toothed comb.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Honestly. I have not read all the posts here. I am interested if Fox will stand by this story.

If this story is true, hey at this point who the # knows. I must say the Administration's doing nothing (giving no orders) is equivalent to a "stand down" order without taking responsibility for it.

www.cbsnews.com... ews

Obama did not even convene the Counterterrorism Security Group. (CSG)

"The CSG is the one group that's supposed to know what resources every agency has. They know of multiple options and have the ability to coordinate counterterrorism assets across all the agencies," a high-ranking government official told CBS News. "They were not allowed to do their job. They were not called upon."

What did they do? They let people die and made a bunch of excuses for it.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
In the spirit of Denying Ignorance, I bring this to offer to the debate. I offer it in the order I consider importance to be with the letter being last. (These are PDF's and are on the Government's Oversight Website)

Set of Doucments used to support Issa Letter to President

Within this set of documents are the security reports from the Mission to Libya including the United States Mission in Benghazi. These were sent to the State Department covering incidents from 2011 on. The specific reports begin on page 74 by the PDF page count. They end at page 117.

Page 110 is the report, in some detail, of the IED explosion that blew a hole in the side of the Consulate wall. I'd note it's a special kinda thing to read for understanding how bad a situation these people were left in, as they absolutely were asking for security elements to be sent to prevent exactly what eventually happened.

I wonder how vets interpret this specific part of the report. Men who have served in that part of the world?

Photographs of the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi

^^ These are NOT attack or post attack photos. These are photos taken prior to the attack and show how open and pathetically defended this place was in ANY way of using those words. After one reads what they were living in the middle of for the period since arriving in 2011, it forms a pattern and picture that is absolutely impossible to DEFEND, IGNORE or LET GO.

That is flat out stating the facts and the above links form the evidence as that same Government people are now suddenly saying CAN be trusted has made available.(that alone is rich....especially when it's the CIA making statements we're supposed to be trusting..just because they made them :lol

If I have to choose between trusting Congressmen who have re-elections to concern themselves about.....or trusting the CIA for goodness sake....suddenly Congress finds an exception where even THEY win the trust contest.

Issa Letter to Obama

^^ There is the actual letter.

I don't give a hoot what ANYONE announced today or next week. Too much IS established fact for what led up to this, what led to CAUSING this and far too many questions exist for how this actually went SO WRONG.

Investigations have to happen and any fair minded person ought to agree to at least THAT much, particularly AFTER reviewing the actual evidence as exists at those .gov links above.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Those must be the pics that the administration wanted to keep classified when it was learned during the hearings that the committee had copies of them from a whistleblower, I suppose?

At the hearings, Issa referred to the documents as being embarrassing. I'm guessing that he meant embarrassing for the administration.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
this sounds more like damage control then truth.
if it was the truth they would have said it much sooner and not when it accidently went viral.

Yep.
Remember "It was a mob."
Remember "We didn't hear about it until it was over."
Remember "WE'RE SORRY SOMEONE ANGERED THE MUSLIMS"
Remember?

No. Short memories are pretty convenient.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
If Romney and the republican elite were really smart..

they'd now produce some fake interview/statement from a Libyan Qaeda fighter

''praise Allah and Obama for the lack of courage in the Americans after they failed to send a single person to save the ambassador after hours of fighting.''

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerprints

Remember "It was a mob."

- it was but... wasn't it?

Remember "We didn't hear about it until it was over."

- when did he say that? not saying your wrong, but could you throw me a link to the statement?

Remember "WE'RE SORRY SOMEONE ANGERED THE MUSLIMS"

- whys this in Caps? are you referring to his region? also when did he say this, was it in response to the attack on the consulate or the video released from LA ?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So let me get your argument straight.

All the Right Wing BS lies have now been exposed, there was no stand down order, there was no denial of requested help, there was no pre-dispatched drone in the area, and there was no General arrested over any of this.

So now, instead, you are going to try to shift the focus to BEFORE the attack, because all the lies have been exposed that the Right tried to float about AFTER the attack. So now your angle is, "Well, this should have never happened in the first place".

Monday morning quarterback my friend.

The Rights continued williness to politicize Americans deaths and use their dead bodies as political props is disgusting. Newsflash, it isn't going to win Romney the election. No matter how much Fox News tries, to the point that they abandoned coverage of one of the worst storms in US history after one single day of coverage to go back to their lies about Benghazi, they are not going to win this election with Benghazi.

Here's another newsflash, NO ONE CARES. In two weeks, no one will talk about this. This is just Fox News and Romney's last ditch effort to win the election. The fact is that this was a very small attack, most people were rescued from the consulate, the Ambassador didn't even die from gunfire, he died from smoke inhaliation. The only reason the Right is trying to make this an issue is because they are desperate.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

NO ONE CARES

I think that someone cares.

You may not, but I don't have any problem with that.

Are you angry that some people do care?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by Taiyed

NO ONE CARES

I think that someone cares.

You may not, but I don't have any problem with that.

Are you angry that some people do care?

Just stating the facts.

I should more accurately say, the large majority don't care.

Even the ones on here, and in the media dragging these bodies through the political dirt, they don't care about the dead Americans. They only care how this can change the election.

Deny it if you want, but you know I'm right.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

No I'm not talking about his religion. I'm rude sometimes but I don't make fun of anyone's religion unless it's Tom Cruise.
I'm talking about the absurd bs that the administration threw out first thing on the "mob",about how it was because of the video about Mohammed that had people angry. That was asinine.

No,
It wasn't a mob.It was an organized assault force with rifles, rpg's and mortars. Military/paramilitary action in a seven hour siege.

Waiting a month to put this out was necessary to try and let people forget how the administration reacted initially.

They, lied, stonewalled for a month and are lying again. ( If they aren't then they are absolutely the worst public affairs disaster on the planet. )

They'd have been better keeping quiet until after the election because after Sandy it got put on the back burner but now they've just dredged it back up.

edit on 2-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

U.S. says CIA responded within 25 minutes to Benghazi attack (NO Stand Down!),

My crazy Aunt says that Elvis is alive! Oh well, silly stuff all around.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
Monday morning quarterback my friend.

Isn't it all "Monday morning quarterback[ing]"? Even to the points you are making, you are speculating and discerning your opinion on facts after the matter; as is everyone else. Sadly, we must rely on fragmented reports and sources because no one is speaking forthright in regards to what happened that evening.

Moving away from your obvious partisanship (throughout your posts you detail that it is the "Right(sic)" that is painting a narrative but excuse the details that pertain to the situation that occurred on the 11th of September in Benghazi. Both the right wing and the left wing has taken up the mantle on politicizing the events in a manner that makes the average American sick; yet you have continually proclaimed it is only the right who has done so.

I get it, you don't like Fox News; neither do I, but I would include any other outlet that serves their own interests that is also spinning and/or burying the story. Do you still think this was a spontaneous outburst of Muslim outrage due to a video that was poorly made? Why no outrage when the makers of Southpark made a complete mockery of the prophet of Islam? Or the Hollywood productions that are going to highlight the killing of Osama Bin Laden? I am confused on this, enlighten me.

There was an obvious breakdown in communication and leadership regarding the response (I am not one that believes there to be a mass coverup) and that is evident given that the White House is pointing to the State Department, who in turn points to the Department of Defense, who then points to the Central Intelligence Agency and the circle is complete when they point to the White House.

That alone indicates communications failed. Somewhere, and I do not know where, a breakdown occurred. But continue to disparage and talk down to anyone who wants the government to explain to the people what happened while calling them "right-wingers" spouting lies.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

I have no idea where you are for news coverage and local reaction but at least what I hear talked about off line and in real life, MANY people care and none more than the Military. There flat out are questions that need answered. Even THAT much is denied and said doesn't need to happen??? What happened to holding an administration to account when they lie and good men die? Or..is that just a Bush kinda thing?

Now the evidence I've posted on this shows these men were left to die and staked out like goats. How else do you put it when they are surrounded by terrorists who attack this very compound twice.. twice ... and the State Department's answer is to continue using the Feb 17th Martyrs Brigade for investigative and security support????

They really are named that and this really IS what our own government seemed to believe was superior to the United States MARINES the Consulate had been asking for.

Heck....part of the people taking credit for the IED that blew out the side wall of the consulate well before this night happened, named themselves after the 'Blind Sheikh' the U.S. is still holding for the 1993 WTC terrorist attack.

That's just one of so many details that STINK in this whole thing, I don't know what to believe about that night, and that's the whole problem. TOO much has happened to believe much of anything now. Time to get SOLID answers. Not simply the latest cooked up B.S..

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taiyed
Just stating the facts.

I should more accurately say, the large majority don't care.

You speak for the majority or the majority of your insignificant circle?

Post Script:

Your insignificant circle is as important as my circle.....I speak nothing of knowing what the 'majority' believes or thinks as they are individuals.
edit on 2-11-2012 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

since i haven't been to the other site linked, i won't say they (hearing transcripts) aren't there, however, the first is a press conference and if we're to take that as fact, we're in more trouble than i ever dreamed possible.

earlier, i did read over the Oversight reports submitted and they weren't exactly in the Admin's favor. anyone interested can google them easy enough.

i was actually hoping such a link did exist but as of this point, nothing yet.
honestly, considering it's supposed to be an ongoing investigation, (no transcripts yet) it doesn't surprise me one bit.
although, i seriously doubt the "official" story will enhance or confirm the conspiracy aspect of it all.

i am curious, did anyone else notice the discrepencies between the two stories ??
(Officials vs Libyan fighters)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
The transcripts are available. I saw a link to them in another Benghazi thread. I was on the site, reading them. I can't remember which thread it was in now. I was looking, but didn't find it.

Here is a link to a site that has the transcripts, but you must subscribe.
Fednews

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by Vitruvian

Oh really? Fox news is a mouth piece for the right wing and a propaganda outfit, PERIOD! This story and report just came out yesterday.

snip>

Fox News chief Roger Ailes offered to give Condoleezza Rice off-the-record advice in a 2005 letter.

The document was obtained by Gawker's John Cook through a Freedom of Information Act request. In the handwritten note, Ailes complimented the then-Secretary of State for having a "great" first month. "You handled hearing beautifully. If I can be of help off the record—just call," he wrote.

A Fox News spokesperson responded to the obtained document in a statement:

snip>

www.huffingtonpost.com...

And the huffington post, NY times etc...are not biased????I beg your liberal cool-aid drinking pardon.....
Keep kissing up to the future ex president.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Isn't it all "Monday morning quarterback[ing]"? Even to the points you are making, you are speculating and discerning your opinion on facts after the matter; as is everyone else. Sadly, we must rely on fragmented reports and sources because no one is speaking forthright in regards to what happened that evening.

I am offering zero speculations my friend.

I am simply re-stating the facts released by the intelligence community.

I am not the one using rumors from blogs or "sources on the ground" to create a fantasy picture of something that didn't happen.

You are doing the speculating, you have no clue if there was a communication failure. You are completely making that up in your head with zero facts to back up your opinion.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Taiyed

OK even that aside he was stopped from deploying special forces who were ready and willing to go.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join