It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the frack can I drink the water anymore? You can't filter out radiation.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I was being a bit tongue in cheek. However, there is more than one kind of radiation. And even reverse osmosis system gets most, but not all. Somehow, I don't think my Wallmart Brita Filter (not selling for either) will get out all that radon.

en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 31-10-2012 by ericblair4891 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ericblair4891

I never caught that. Sorry about that.
Just make sure that you get the General Health and Toxicity report of your local water supply...most are online now. Unless of course you are like those people living next to fracking and use a private well.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

My well water has no radioactivity but if I place a chunk of charcoal next to it the geiger counter picks up guite a bit. The radon from the water builds up in the charcoal if put right next to a stream coming out of the sink. If you get the charcoal wet, it won't work for some reason. I did research and found how to test for radon using my geigercounter. I cannot test how high the levels are, just the presence of radon this way. When I mixed the salt and sand together in the shed, it charged the charcoal up also, meaning the combination was somehow giving off radon. When burning wood in the woodstove it raises the tick on the geiger counter also. I suppose any radon in the basement is going through the woodstove and getting stored in the charcoal. I'm not sure exactly what all this means, I found a few articles and started doing testing around the house. I like experimenting.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Not too many basements around here. The soil at the top is very sandy as this area of South Carolina is called the Sandhills, an ancient shore line from millions of years ago.

Dig down past the sand and you hit clay. Dig down further, and more clay, and more clay, hehehe.

But the water table tends to be high and any basements end up very damp and musky. Some people have root cellars, but not a lot.

As for radiation: I wouldn't be surprised since this is where the Savannah River Site, or what the old folks around here call the "Bomb Factory" is.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Doesn't seem that dangerous.

When it found iodine-131 in drinking water samples from Boise, Idaho and Richland, Washington this weekend, the EPA declared:

"An infant would have to drink almost 7,000 liters of this water to receive a radiation dose equivalent to a day’s worth of the natural background radiation exposure we experience continuously from natural sources of radioactivity in our environment.”

(from Superman2012's link)

www.forbes.com...

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by hououinkyouma
reply to post by AndyMayhew

The diference is not only money, since tap water have a horrible taste too...and aome other things.
edit on 31-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

That would depend on the quality of your tap water. The tap water here taste BETTER than bottled water.
Saying all tapwater taste like # is complete bull#.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by juleol

I have to agree with that. A little chlorine in the water won't hurt anyone, we need some chlorine in our diet. Fluoride should be obtained by eating soups made with soup bones as the fluoride, magnesium, and calcium is in proportion. Even the gravy derived from a roast contains these minerals. There is also glucosamine and Chondroitin along with enzymes in the soup also. People are avoiding things they do not need sometime.

I don't know if fluoride has a taste or not to identify it. Maybe people are avoiding fluoridated water because of the taste. We get fluoride from things in nature, we do not need to add it and force the body to uptake it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by juleol

That would depend on the quality of your tap water. The tap water here taste BETTER than bottled water.
Saying all tapwater taste like # is complete bull#.

I totally agree, the tap water here (Portland, Or) taste much better than bottled water. For some reason, many of the brands of bottled water have a weird mineral taste to them and the tap taste well.....like nothing. However, that could be because we are just accustomed to tasting tap, so the bottled stuff taste weird. Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You can't filter out radiation

Water cannot become radioactive. What you can't filter out will be left behind when you distill it.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

You can always buy bottled water from Fiji.

Try going to Fiji with a camera to poke around where they get their water for bottling. Their military dictatorship will crack down on you.

They had a huge termite problem, what do you do when you have huge termite problems? What chemicals do you use?

You might be better off drinking your own water. Anyplace that has a military dictatorship in charge is trying to hide something.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Renegade2283

Bottled water can get a funny taste from sitting in plastic. There are no types of plastic that are cheap to make that can stop this from happening.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

reply to post by AndyMayhew

The diference is not only money, since tap water have a horrible taste too...and aome other things.
edit on 31-10-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

I bought bottled water to compare with tap water, and our tap water has always been far superior. Not that I would ever pay for water. Anything they do to the water supply is ILLEGAL.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

Maybe it's illegal like Social Studies, right?
edit on 1-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Tap water, both here and back home in NY taste a lot better to me than bottled water. Both country wells, not city water by the way. The two have a slight difference in taste from each other, I assume because of different mineral composition in the soils, and also living right down the road from the ocean now might factor in as well.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I must have missed my mark. I think my point was that they are putting industrial waste water through our munisipal water systems. This has stopped in Windsor Nova Scotia. But they were doing the same thing in Pennsylvania. I think. Or Ohio. And even if they stop this practice. They are still threatening our aquifers by pumping waste water back in the earth through injection wells.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Well, the best one come on glass bottles. The ones that come on plastic tend to not be so good.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Unity_99

Maybe it's illegal like Social Studies, right?
edit on 1-11-2012 by hououinkyouma because: (no reason given)

Social Studies that violates the Canadian Constitution and violates laws that are secular and puts in slanted UN approved religous mumbo jumbo is illegal.

Any corporation that risks the health of the human race, and nature, and harms nature for profit is also committing crimes on every level imagineable and any government that allows this is also committing crimes. The problem is not in the whistle blowers who bring it up, but in the apathy and stupidity of people who allow criminals get away with this.

We blamed the Germans for letting the Nazi's commit crimes against humanity. The Nuremburg Trials which I wrote on where most specifiic in that, Legislation is not Law, it stands on the backbone of constitution and common law, which is basically the list of virtues of The Shall Not Harm and is instrinsic, ie. the only real Law one could say exists, for the rest is just artificial. If the legislation does not stand on this, its unlawful. PERIOD. And failure to know the law is not an excuse. And authorities or anyone enforcing an unlawful legislation IS COMMITTING A CRIME. The Nuremburg Trials stood on this undestanding and simply designated the documents of their illegal war acts and laws as crimes against humanity so all they had to do was prove a match between someone's identity and signature.

You're comment shows to me, you didn't benefit from a sound secular education.
edit on 1-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
You can distill radiation.
Here is an article.
Also distilling removes fluouride, filtering does not.

blog.rainierdistillers.com...

Distilling water is as easy as filling the boiler with water, attaching garden hose and plugging in the wall, or putting over open flame. The boiler heats up the water and condenses leaving everything, I mean everything behind

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by spiritualgirl

That blog is BS.

There are different kind of fliters. I have a triple stage filter. One is specifically for fluoride. It won't take out every single particle, but the vast majority for the first few thousand gallons.

Brita and other one stage carbon based ones are junk, though. They'll get the chlorine out, and some particles, but will leave all the fluoride and lots of others.

I can't speak for radiation. One of my filters is supposed to get 99.9% of heavy metal particles, so I guess that would include all the radio-nucleotides as well
I'm not sure that those should be in the same category as your average heavy metal particle.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I don't know about the aquifers in Ohio or Pennsylvania but injection wells are drilled a lot deeper than the surface water aquifers. Which are anywhere from, 100-1200 feet, the average dept for injection wells for any waste water from drilling is almost a mile deep, plus the Safe Drinking Water Act has strict regulations on this.

With the amount of conforming zones between surface water water table and the injection well bottom hole.
Water migration towards the surface is almost impossible also water migration up is impossible isn't it?

Water migrates along the path of least resistance down wards not up!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join