It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The calm before the storm

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
My dad always told me that life is like a pendulum. When things get too far one way, it begins to swing the other direction. I think about things like Sandy and how life has been good there for a long time...but the pendulum has begun to swing the other way.....time for change. Nature will have its way and it's sad the destruction it sometimes brings. It's also like ying and yang. Amidst all the chaos you looked out and saw a beautiful full moon.....and the sunshine that came the next day....and there is beauty there. No matter how horrible things sometimes get.....there is something good. A rose with thorns. It's good that you can see that. And just the little act of finding a way to keep your fish alive shows your mind is working to make things better instead of concentrating on the negative. Keep up the good attitude as it is hard to tell what will be coming in the next couple weeks, or even months.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

I was going to ask the same thing? Still my positive energy to all who are dealing with this. I have been through 3 hurricanes and the results. Not an easy thing to do. Certainly makes you stop and appreciate the things that really truly are important though. Possessions can be replaced.

Much love,

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
What you are perceiving to the be the calm before the storm is really just the result of being unplugged from the electric/digital grid for a while. This gives you the peace of mind for things deep in your subconscious to come bubbling up, things that have been quietly stewing for months or even years.
I know the exact feeling because I felt the same after we lost power for 9 days after a hurricane flooded our town. So much quiet can be unnerving if you're not used to it. I felt like something much bigger was looming on the horizon at the time as well. Much later it came to me that the reason listed above was what was really happening in my head.

Now being on Strong Island things may get very sticky over the next few weeks. It will be hard to get enough gas, food, medicines etc out to where you are. No doubt Manhattan and NJ will get the lion's share of relief supplies so you'll have to be patient out there.

Best wishes on getting through the next few weeks.
Let's hope FEMA is up to doing the job they're supposed to be here for!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Perhaps this is in order!

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
They are probably planting bombs all over New York and wil lset them off in the near future, maybe even a nuclear bomb for the grand finale!
edit on 31-10-2012 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

Great post OP, been following ATS and the news channels about Sandy and all the devastation but nothing has been able to actually bring me there visually like your post has. As I read your posts I could get a sense of what you were going through, almost like I was there. That eerie feeling you're feeling, well, I'm sitting safely here in Wisconsin, but I could feel it too as I was reading your post Please continue to keep us updated on your experiences there. Look forward to more.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Quauhtli

maybe the answer lies with decentralizing the power grid and encouraging local energy production on a much smaller more fragmented scale and what you are feeling is the paradigm shift or at least the window of opportunity for a paradigm shift? Christy has an opportunity to rebuild NJ and hopefully he will do it right and if he has any balls at all he will do it without the Obama administration getting involved. Why doesn't he ask Romney and Trump to pay for it?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 03:58 AM
link   
"I went out last night right after the power went out at my place just to see how far the blackout had went and what I saw was a little weird. Maybe the conspiracy theorist was alive in me but it seemed that there were a lot of "emergency vehicles" that didn't belong??? There were garbage trucks that weren't local driving around the neighborhoods. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out why. It wasn't like there were people loading them up with anything. In fact, there was a whole procession of different kinds of heavy trucks and equipment other than the usual local clean up crews. It gave me the impression that something else was going on. I am not a paranoid guy, I'm actually pretty practical, but something seemed kinda awkward, like there were actually two jobs going on at the same time. My spidy sense was definitely suspicious..."

All's that comes to mind, and I could be off base, is that there are SO many volunteers up there that they have no real 'Staging Grounds' from which to work from, so their kind of staying close to the phone or radio and just meandering around in their Trucks/Equipment .......with no real place to hang out. Still I'd be vigilant, maybe strike up conversation with one of these people and see if you can get the scoop.

Were all praying for you guys, and many groups mounting relief efforts for all of you's guys.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
AND........... I personally know of a bunch of people from Southern California through facebook and personal friends that are mounting Relief efforts for New York folks displaced by 'Sandy'

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join