It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FEMA Making Preparations to Postpone Presidential Elections in Wake of Sandy

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Demand is artificial. It has nothing to do with the 1,000+ applications, and everything to do with a ponzi scheme. It's not "running out".

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Seems that is happening on a daily basis anyway. It is pretty offensive to watch and stand by as EOs are signed left and right without congressional consent. It iis not like it would have been extended indefinitely, just postponed but then from the post above looks like they have it handled.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime
I just saw this story and thought I would share. First, FEMA has no authority to postpone an election. I'm not sure how that would happen, but I'm sure that it would take a Congressional vote. For the record, to say that I hop Obama loses would be putting it mildly, although Romney isn't much better. Sandy has effected all blue states for the most part, which is obviously bad news for Obama. Do you think the election should be postponed?

Link

Postpone the election? In a word, NO. But I fully expect obama or his handliers to try and pull something.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would think that postponing the election would be appropriate because the people in this disaster ridden zone would not get their voices heard otherwise. It's a mess down there and there is no way that these voters will be able to get to the polls next week. Most people's cars are a mess, the subway is down, how are they supposed to get to the voting places?

On the other hand, the rest of the country will suffer greatly for this, we will have to listen to these political calls for another week. Another problem is that November fifteen starts deer hunting here, that is a bad time for getting hunters to vote because it will mean they will have to come out of the woods
So the only ones in the U.P. that will be voting is the women.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

If this storm happened in, say, Wyoming, Montana, South and North Dakota would they postpone it? I picked those states because they have very few electoral votes and really aren't all that important.

EVERY electoral vote is important...even our 3 little ones in Montana!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
The election date is set by congress.

Only congress can change it.

FEMA is not in charge of this.

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Really people???

Nothing is going to stop this "election", and I use that term for clarity, not because I believe that is what it actually is. As stated the Supervisors of Elections have plans in place to use other means to tally "votes". Heck, there was no power back when this country was getting going. How on earth did they hold elections? Think about it...

And, for the silver thing? Millions of people just like you and me are holding silver as an investment. It isn't "running out"! When the prices creep higher, many will cash in and infuse the system. You can't destroy it. Where is supposed to be going? Reclaimers have been recycling electronics for years to take advantage of thrown away precious metals. The fear mongers are just doing what they do!!!

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Wasn't there some threads around a few years ago that said that FEMA would suspend elections and that whoever was president would be president forever?
Something like that?

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

about fema! i did a video 5 month ago i think you would like!

look it up from youtube in full screen to see the anotations!

Some of them are just funny, but most are important.

youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 31 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Hell no, the American people won't stand for a delay, the storm was an act of God....

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   

The tier of states you refer to are used to bad winter weather, and most folks up here have a significant amount of food put up for the winter months, not as "preppers' but as a matter of course. Winters here are BRUTAL. We may not matter much in electoral votes, but we do know how to prepare for bad weather.

As for the topic, I don't think that the election should be put off. Just my opinion.

I do hope that everything gets back to normal there as fast as possible and that people step up and start helping each other instead of trying to steal and loot for what they need or want.

SK

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Oh fer flips sake, tin hats off people. There will be an election - some of the voting places might need to be moved to undamaged locations, and generators might have to be brought in to keep the lights going in other places, but the election will go on.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by SweetKarma

Yooper? Saw over the rainbow.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join