It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT: FEMA Making Preparations to Postpone Presidential Elections in Wake of Sandy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I just saw this story and thought I would share. First, FEMA has no authority to postpone an election. I'm not sure how that would happen, but I'm sure that it would take a Congressional vote. For the record, to say that I hop Obama loses would be putting it mildly, although Romney isn't much better. Sandy has effected all blue states for the most part, which is obviously bad news for Obama. Do you think the election should be postponed?

Link

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OptimusSubprime

Never mind...I couldn't get this link to work. However after looking up the question about changing the election date, only Congress can do that.

In other words, it would take an act of Congress.

edit on 30-10-2012 by Sissel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
This is all part of the plan.

There will be no election.
The military and the elite have already started to evacuate to the underground facilities.

The Weather War to end all wars is about to begin.

We have 51 days before it's full tilt.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Thanks OP. Here's 3 Very Good Reads:

Could a Hurricane Like Sandy Postpone the Presidential Election? By Andrew Cohen

Presidential election still on for Nov. 6 no matter Hurricane Sandy aftermath By: Thomas Hargrove

Hurricane Sandy: Could it push back the election?
By ALEX GUILLEN

edit on 30-10-2012 by alternateuniverse because: (no reason given)

link   
I think it is only fair for the people affected by the storms path. This is not something I would normally say but yes, I do think that for those who can get out on the 4th to vote do so but the final tally should be delayed to allow everyone a voice in this critical election year. Even postponing it completely for 30 days would be acceptable imo.

link   
In all honesty, Even though I had already voted. If I didn't vote yet and something happened to where
there was no power in my area to vote, I would hope they suspend the voting count a few days ( and not mention any numbers ) till millions of homes had power again so we all could vote.

It a right for all citizens to vote 18+ not just those with power.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

edit on 30-10-2012 by dayve because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

RED ALERT: ANYTHING THAT HAS THE HEADING :

RED ALERT

Is almost always BS!!!!

Also:

RED ALERT: SILVER IS RUNNING OUT!!!!

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
I do NOT think FEMA or DOD, CIA, FBI or anyone should be the presenters of this, instead it needs to be an act of Congress, or even all 3 branches.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

If this storm happened in, say, Wyoming, Montana, South and North Dakota would they postpone it? I picked those states because they have very few electoral votes and really aren't all that important.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by moniesisfun

RED ALERT: ANYTHING THAT HAS THE HEADING :

RED ALERT

Is almost always BS!!!!

Also:

RED ALERT: SILVER IS RUNNING OUT!!!!

I was only using the headline of the story, and silver is running out. It is much more rare than gold, and is used in well over 1000 industrial applications.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Maybe not FEMA but DHS can which is the umbrella Fema operates under.

This thread might help make sense of it all.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Another Good Read:

Q. Could the Nov. 6 election be changed?

A. Yes, but it's highly unlikely, and it's not up to the president. Congress sets the date for the presidential election - the Tuesday after the first Monday in November, every fourth year. Congress could act within the next week to change the date, but that would be tough because lawmakers are on recess and back home in their districts campaigning for re-election. Plus, it's likely that would mean changing the date for the entire country, not just those affected by the storm. What's more, Congress only selects the date for federal races, so changing the date would wreak havoc for state and local elections also scheduled for Nov. 6. States might have to hold two separate days of voting, which could bust state budgets.

Q. What is the federal government doing to help?

A. The Federal Emergency Management Agency's administrator, Craig Fugate, said Monday he anticipated the storm's impact could linger into next week and affect the election. He said FEMA would look at what support it could provide to states before the election. "This will be led by the states," he said.

Q&A: Could Sandy postpone the election? By JOSH LEDERMAN

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

I realize you were only using the title, but still. . . it should have tipped you off to find a better source.

"Running out" is a totally relative way of putting it. It lacks context. All of the common materials are "running out". . . but not anytime soon. In a few decades? Sure, maybe so. . . not so soon, though.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
12th amendment

read it

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

What part of this administration has been constitutional?

Germany had a constitution also. Hitler overthrew it.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by bjax9er

What part of this administration has been constitutional?

Germany had a constitution also. Hitler overthrew it.

if they try then march on washington.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Why, to fall in their trap?

I do have a good theory on that though. If I walked there almost everyone would follow me. Problem is, it would take me a few months to get there.

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bjax9er

Let them try... LOL

posted on Oct, 30 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bjax9er
12th amendment

read it

When was the last time you remember seeing Vice President on the ballot?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join