It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hurricane #Sandy - Live coverage by ATS members

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
another over hype storm yawn

Another World Series game -- yawn

Back on topic: Thank you to everyone who's writing in with your personal reports of local conditions. I have friends and loved ones in Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, and it's helpful to hear those firsthand accounts. Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

NW Ohio here, it's windy, light rain and the wind chill is 34. Hopefully we get no more of it than this

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
A family just lost their home to a huge tree, just south of #baltimore.

News Story
#Linthicum

And 52,000 in #MD are without power.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Crane Collapses in Manhattan. Live feed
NBC NY

Live audio feeds in NY
Radio Reference

Good luck east coast, God speed.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Yngvarr

I'm sure I saw the Mayor of NY in an interview saying they has secured all construction sites!
I guess they missed one

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Here in NY, we have a kind of comedy going on. There are definitely some wild gusts, but it's very on and off.

There's the whole crane on top of the building, which after bending over backwards somehow, seems more secure than ever. Since it's on top of a 90-story building, they like to show it in a tiny corner of the screen on the news channels. Live, like the ball drop on New Years Day. Wait fooor it...

The reporters are talking fast and quite loudly, shots from Long Island, Staten Island, Brooklyn, Manhattan... none from the bronx. Anyways, one reporter was talking about the amount of debris flying around. They then zoomed out to show a tiny puddle of water by the curb and a leaf waving a little bit back and forth on the ground. Not moving anywhere mind you, just waving in the breeze.

Next, there were the reporters in the middle of the city itself. "Terrifying winds, torrential rains" but oh! What's that? And behind the reporter a woman is seen walking his dog, followed by an older man in a wheelchair wheeling himself across the street... I'm not making this up.

This is the truth here in New York. Overhyped. The people saw the doom forecasted and (yes, even I prepared obviously) now we're all kind of hoping something does happen to make all the effort and long lines worth it.
edit on 29-10-2012 by SoulVisions because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
In PA, in addition to numerous road closures, they posted this:

REDUCEDSPEED ADVISORY
Speed limits have been reduced to 45 MPH on ALL Interstate, U.S. and State highways.

The max speed here is normally 65.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We're up at VERY strong gusts in downtown #baltimore.. If I had to guess Id say up around 70mph. Anybody nearby got a guess?

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
The Weather Channel...

Sandy is currently 30 m ESE of Cape May NJ
Center of storm to strike NJ by 6pm EST.

Barometric pressure 940 mb..extremely low.

Wind gusts:
Wellfleet MA 81mph
Groton CT 75mph
Westerly RI 86mph

Current storm surge:
Kings point near 7ft
Battery Park near 7ft
Sandy Hook 7.2ft
New haven 5.4ft
Montauk 5.3ft
New London 5.3ft
Boston 4.4ft
Woods Hole 3.8ft
Nantucket 2.7ft

Stay safe!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
BREAKING: NYPD issues dispersal order to Sandy, Sandy remains defiant.

edit on 10/29/2012 by ugie1028 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Update: 1.1 million without power.
t.news.msn.com...

It's going to get worse.
www.moonphases.info...
edit on 29-10-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
LIVE VIDEO: Massive Lake Erie Waves

fox8.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
New Jersey Governor just made an announcement that all residents in Atlantic City would not be receiving aid until 7:00am tomorrow, due to worsening conditions and the coming nightfall.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

That's hilarious! I posted a few pages back how humorous these stand up reports are at the beaches, cities, surf, etc. I saw a reporter fall on his butt today.

And what's his name....Al Roker...he was just too much today. Acted like he was going to fly away any minute.

If I never see another stand up reporter on the scene or a weather disaster...

well... I would be very happy.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
in fells point baltimore, gusts to maybe 50, but it slows down to 10...tried to upload pics off stern of boat up the patapsco and toward thames st, could not use the ATS upload page, maybe adobe is not available to firefox\

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by 3chainz

Those waves are crazy!

Calm the heck down, Lake Erie!

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
THIS makes me cry

thesandpaper.villagesoup.com...

www.pressofatlanticcity.com... d-001a4bcf887a.html

On Bay Avenue in Beach Haven waves are coming down the street. Ocean has breached the dunes

Our favorite beautiful family vacation spot - Long Beach Island, NJ, is devastated!

Water is at the top of the bulkheads along Barnegat Bay.

These people are like some people I have seen posting who said this was just hype:

"This is the last ditch effort. They need to go. If they don't want to go tell them we're not coming back," said Heidi Michel, emergency management coordinator.

Residents are still in homes in low lying waterfront areas. A mandatory evacuation for these areas was issued yesterday.

edit on 10/29/12 by BlueAjah because: added to quote

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SoulVisions

I must admit, I tuned into earthcam new york earlier (before it stopped being live) to check on the situation and was surprised to see that tourists were taking photos in the street, people were having fun in front of the earthcam camera, walking dogs.. I even saw a few people jogging!
There were umbrellas up but nothing like the chaos I'd expected!

I hope it stays that way!

All the same, things can quickly change and my thoughts are with everyone, especially those who are vulnerable - it must be a very scary time, not knowing what is going to happen. Be safe x

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
THIS makes me cry

thesandpaper.villagesoup.com...

www.pressofatlanticcity.com... d-001a4bcf887a.html

On Bay Avenue in Beach Haven waves are coming down the street. Ocean has breached the dunes

Our favorite beautiful family vacation spot - Long Beach Island, NJ, is devastated!

in that area.. one of our friends is watching this from her security cams on her laptop a state over.. just went out. Guess they lost power... or the front of their house ( they were concerned about a 2nd story porch coming loose.

posted on Oct, 29 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3chainz

LIVE VIDEO: Massive Lake Erie Waves

fox8.com...

They are all running away now, why is that freeway still open?

edit: never mind, I can see it's raised
edit on 29-10-2012 by DJOldskool because: update

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join