It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just for the love of argument...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
To the Republicans/Bush supporters...

For the sake of argument, say there was allowed to be a second Republican candidate, in addition to Kerry and the incumbent...

If there were another Republican choice, would you still be inclined to vote for Bush?

And which Republicans would you or would you not vote for over Bush?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If there was a differant DEMOCRATIC candidate I would vote against Bush.

The only reason I'll vote Bush is because he is the best choice of the two candidates we have now.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   
That's a good point. Kerry is also a loser.

So let's expand that...

If there were also another Democratic candidate, who would you vote for or not vote for?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If there was a man in place of Bush, so as to avoid splitting the Republican vote and thus handing Kerry the election I would be probably choose Dick Chnaney

Or maybe Zell Miller

You think Bush is tough, wait till darth vader gets to run the country

Seriously, I would probably choose Steve Forbes. Flat tax, here I come!

[edit on 19-10-2004 by American Mad Man]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
American, I'm convinced. You are truly mad, man!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Good question, If I was a rep. I would.

Here it the thing, Bush win or lose he will be back. He will run in 2008.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
If John McCain were another candidate, and I weren't already voting Libertarian...I'd vote for him.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Ross Perot

No kidding... . enough with the politicians... let's put a business man in there and see what he can do...

or maybe The Donald !!!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:39 PM
link   
oh I know..

how about Sam Walton !!!!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
If John McCain were another candidate, and I weren't already voting Libertarian...I'd vote for him.

I'm in Utah, and Bush is definitely going to take the electoral votes here, so I'm going to be writing in McCain. I have a hunch he's going to run in 2008, when either Bush is out, or there's a Democrat incumbent.

I figure the more write-ins he gets this election (which is sure to be many), the more support he will have for the nomination in '08. Plus all the publicity he's gotten this election cycle...? Man, everybody knows who he is now!

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
ElevatedOne,

Yeah, I think there might be a good time for an honest businessman to be president, but not right now. I couldn't trust someone with little foreign or military experience in the office during wartime.

Ross Perot? You're crazier than the Mad Man over there...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I am learning a lesson here and that is never vote for a bush again, now his brother is going to run in future, god forbid.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well, as far as the Republicans go, I've always liked John McCain and Colin Powell. I'm hoping either one (or both at the same time!) runs for U.S. President in the future.

Originally posted by marg6043
I am learning a lesson here and that is never vote for a bush again, now his brother is going to run in future, god forbid.

That would be odd. Three times relatives have been U.S. Presidents:

2. John Adams (1798 - 1802)
6. John Quincy Adams (1826 - 1830)

9. William Henry Harrison (1840)
23. Benjamin Harrison (1888 - 1892)

41. George Bush (1988 - 1992)
43. George W. Bush (2000 - either 2004 or 2008)

Edit: I did forget John Adams & John Quincy Adams!

[edit on 10/19/2004 by ThunderCloud]

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
You forgot John Addams and John Quincy Addams. They were father and son, right?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I just learned something, TC.

Did you know that back in the beginning, the vice-president was just the guy who came in second place in the vote?

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
It's too bad Cheney is stuck as the man behind The Man. He should be running the counrty instead of advising. He would be doing a much better job.

The Pres. debates vs. The VP debates was evidence of that.

I would like to see McCain run as well, that would be interesting.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yeah, if there was a McCain/Powell mark on the ballot, I'ld definatly vote for them....But, since there's not, I'm votin' Kerry.. the lesser of two evils.

Or, Tweedle Dee to Bush's Tweedle Dumb...

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thethrall_nb
Yeah, if there was a McCain/Powell mark on the ballot, I'ld definatly vote for them....But, since there's not, I'm votin' Kerry.. the lesser of two evils.

Dude, McCain/Powell is the DREAM TEAM!

But seriously, I don't know what state you're in, but if you're in one that you already know is going to take Bush in the electorate, a write-in for McCain would be a good strategic move. The more write-ins he gets in this election, the more viable a candidate he will be in 2008.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Probably Ron Paul?

No really McCain is out...

Alen Keyes I probably would...

There really are no good ones but Zell Miller would be nice.

posted on Oct, 19 2004 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I like Colin Powell, though I fear his reputation has been tarnished by association with President Bush, in particular when he gave the speech citing the evidence for weapons of mass destruction in Iraq. I get the impression he was taken advantage of. Somewhere there was a meeting and it was decided that Colin had credibility, people trust him, so lets get him to say it...

Just my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join