It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ExxonMobil British oil boss Nicholas Mockford gunned down in Belgium 'hit'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

ExxonMobil British oil boss Nicholas Mockford gunned down in Belgium 'hit'

www.independ ent.co.uk

A British oil executive has been shot dead in front of his wife in what appears to have been an assassination-style killing in Belgium.

Nicholas Mockford, 60, an executive for ExxonMobil, was gunned down as he left an Italian restaurant in a suburb of the capital Brussels.

He was shot three times, once as he lay on he floor, and his wife Mary was left beaten and covered in blood, cradling her husband and shouting for help. He died on the way to hospital.

Witnesses say they saw the couple walk across the street to their Lexus car before shots were fired.

Reports suggest two men
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
They say he was a lovely guy, a wonderful person, a family man. That may well be but he also headed a very nasty and irresponsible company. This happened quite a while back it seems, on October 14th. Why the tight lid on it? Yes, because of the ongoing investigation, but we hear about everything else within minutes of it happening and we get plenty of details. Take the al-Hilli murders in Switzerland, for example.

It is said that when you live by the sword, you die by the sword. Is this actually why CEOs command such exorbitant salaries? If so, imagine what they do to warrant a contract being taken out on them. All in the name of business though. Right?

www.independ ent.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

JAK

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Just seen this pop up elsewhere too:

BBC - British oil executive shot dead in Belgium

Police initially thought the killing could have been an attempted car-jacking because witnesses saw the couple walking across the street to their vehicle before the attack.

But Mr Mockford was shot three times, once as he lay on the ground, leading to speculation he could have been deliberately targeted.

One Belgian officer told the BBC the killing was a "very strange case" which had now been passed to federal investigators.

The Guardian - British oil executive shot dead in Brussels

The shooting is understood to have happened on 14 October, but the news has only now emerged after Belgian police imposed a reporting blackout.

The Daily Telegraph said police in Belgium were considering all possible motives for the shooting, including an attempted carjacking, although Mockford's car was not stolen.

The Belgian prosecutor's office said a "judicial instruction" from the investigating judge, Martine Quintin, meant they could give no detail about the killing. A spokesman said this was "usual in such a serious murder investigation", the Telegraph reported.

Mockford is understood to have worked for ExxonMobil since the 1970s and was head of marketing for interim technologies at ExxonMobil Chemicals, Europe, promoting new types of greener fuel. Brought up in Leicestershire, he had moved abroad from Chichester some years ago, living in Belgium and Singapore.

He had been married to his Belgian wife for 15 years and had three grown-up children living in Britain from his first marriage, the Telegraph said.

A family member, who asked not to be named, told the newspaper they thought it was a professional hit. "We are all confused about what has happened. Nick was a genuinely lovely, clean-cut, mild-mannered, family man," the source said. "He was shot so calmly and so quickly, it smacks horribly of a professional hit, but we can't fathom why. He isn't the type to cave in to blackmail and it just doesn't compute."

edit on 26/10/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Haha! Well maybe if "he's not the type to cave to blackmail," then that could well be the reason for the hit. It's typically the result when you don't cave, or have I read all the crime literature wrong all these years?

In any case he wasn't killed for running a clean ship. There was an agenda. Let's see what story they create to explain this one.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   

The relation said: "We are all confused about what has happened. Nick was a genuinely lovely, clean-cut, mild-mannered, family man." He added: "He was shot so calmly and so quickly, it smacks horribly of a professional hit, but we can't fathom why. He isn't the type to cave in to blackmail and it just doesn't compute."

oh, what a nice guy. lol.
he was the boss of a company responsible for

Exxon Valdez oil spill
Exxon's Brooklyn oil spill
Baton Rouge Refinery pipeline oil spill
Yellowstone River oil spill

and accused of Funding global warming skeptics

you dont get to be CEO of an oil company by being a nice guy.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

They say he was a lovely guy, a wonderful person, a family man.

They say that about all dead people, they probably said the same about Jimmy Saville.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar

Originally posted by CosmicEgg

They say he was a lovely guy, a wonderful person, a family man.

They say that about all dead people, they probably said the same about Jimmy Saville.

They did.

Not the family man bit, but did emphasise all the monies he had raised for good causes and how he loved his mum.

But then who says bad things about a person who is dead?

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

The relation said: "We are all confused about what has happened. Nick was a genuinely lovely, clean-cut, mild-mannered, family man." He added: "He was shot so calmly and so quickly, it smacks horribly of a professional hit, but we can't fathom why. He isn't the type to cave in to blackmail and it just doesn't compute."

Exxon Valdez oil spill

Ah, shades of JR and Dallas! Haha.

Not sure but he was the UK rep and all those examples are from the US of A? Maybe he was against such things and became unliked by others?

Just a thought.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm in Belgium.

First of all, over here we didn't hear anything about this shooting... just checked the national news sources again and nothing.

Second, october the 14th? LOL
that was national election day in Belgium and there was lot's at stake! The news didn't report anything but election news for days after that.

But,
there was a shooting on the 18th, not in Brussels, but just outside the Antwerp Crown Plaza hotel... almost same story as mentioned in the OP only different place.
News stories hint that this one was a criminal 'deal' gone bad...... no other details where given.

I'm so surprised nothing is said about the 14th shooting though

edit:
seems that the papers started writing about it on the 19th (probably following international press) and they still say it was a carjacking
edit on 26/10/2012 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy

Exxon Valdez oil spill

Anyone who thinks this killing is justified as has been previously implied is just plain sick. The occupy mindset of evil corporations and evil people has spread to disgusting levels.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I'm pretty sure earlier this year one other guy high up in the Oil Business was shot at and injured , maybe even killed.... I think it was in Italy somewhere..... maybe people are peeeed off at the whole Business and will be going after other guys too....

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
exactly one hour after I made my post above about this not being brought in the news in Belgium,
our national news site published a small article....

in which they say that the authorities don't think that the murder has anything to do with axxon mobile and that they are now (almost two weeks after the event) are calling for witnesses to come forward...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

I'm pretty sure earlier this year one other guy high up in the Oil Business was shot at and injured , maybe even killed.... I think it was in Italy somewhere..... maybe people are peeeed off at the whole Business and will be going after other guys too....

Yeah, THAT makes sense. Political assassinations are so 1980, now people are trying to kill off faceless corporations!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Whatever the motive was, rest assured we'll be seeing a lot more of this kind of thing.
It's only a matter of time until the general populace gets fed up to here with CEOs, bankers, lawyers, and politicians reaping huge rewards while the rest of us keep getting poorer.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by GypsK
I'm in Belgium.

First of all, over here we didn't hear anything about this shooting... just checked the national news sources again and nothing.

Second, october the 14th? LOL
that was national election day in Belgium and there was lot's at stake! The news didn't report anything but election news for days after that.

But,
there was a shooting on the 18th, not in Brussels, but just outside the Antwerp Crown Plaza hotel... almost same story as mentioned in the OP only different place.
News stories hint that this one was a criminal 'deal' gone bad...... no other details where given.

I'm so surprised nothing is said about the 14th shooting though

edit:
seems that the papers started writing about it on the 19th (probably following international press) and they still say it was a carjacking
edit on 26/10/2012 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

The reason for the delay in the newspapers reporting it is that a news blackout was imposed on TV and all newspapers in Belgium, according to the BBC today. No reason for the blackout has been given yet.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Hi Cos, good catch. I am afraid this like many others is one of those that we stand very little chance of ever knowing the full story. The family member's statement about him not being the type to cave in to blackmail is certainly an eyebrow raiser. I am just about to hit the sack before another graveyard shift, so I will be doing more reading between the lines on this one later.

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by steppenwolf86

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Yeah, THAT makes sense. Political assassinations are so 1980, now people are trying to kill off faceless corporations!

Was that sarcastic? I'm not quite sure.... however, what I wrote was a fair assumption!!

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I bet this guy had ties to the mob.Either it be drugs, or laundering money for tax purposes through one the *businesses... When you play with throat slitters well...

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
isnt that how you'all got rid of the red coats until 1913 (the fed), targeting the red coat captains
edit on 26-10-2012 by laersikertrats because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 26 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by gangdumstyle
I bet this guy had ties to the mob.Either it be drugs, or laundering money for tax purposes through one the *businesses... When you play with throat slitters well...

i duno

i aint surprised it happened, i am surprised it dont happen daily

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join