It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Female Secret Societies

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
There are other Masonic Organizations that take female members, but The Order of the Eastern Star is the largest one by far, and is almost exclusively female. And yes, thety have to be affiliated with someone who is already a Mason to get inducted into TOOTES, like being married to one, or the sister or other female relative of a Mason in Good Standing.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
There are diverse philanthropic sororities. These groups do not require full-time college enrollment. check to see who is in your province. I am sure BSP and ESA are in Canada.

Beta Sigma Phi
Epsilon Sigma Alpha
Delta Theta Tau
Delta Theta Chi
Phi Beta Psi
Psi Iota Xi
Sigma Alpha
Sigma Beta

To add on to what someone else said about what's "secret" in secret societies, I would say it is only their rituals that are secret. And rituals include pledging, initiation, and opening and closing ceremonies. Other activities- community service, mixers, dinners- are all public knowledge.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
The Red Hats really scare me!!

Have you ever seen a large group of these ladies interact?

I saw it in Chili's restaurant once and I just cringed and curled up into the fetal position. My wife had to protect me.

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hi the only "secret society" I ever came across of was in the 90s(I do not know if they are still in operation) is S.C.U.M. (Society For Cutting Up Men).

Hard core dikes were undoing jobs they got hired for, and were bragging about their accomplishments in the gendercide of men, on the radio. Scary!

Hula

[edit on 19-3-2009 by HulaAnglers]

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
SCUM sounds vaguely familiar. Speaking on 1990s secret societies, there was also Guerilla Girls. Ladies dressed as gorillas destroying art and billboards that they felt objectified women. These women remain anonymous.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
No,i dont know of any personally but maybe you may want to check out women from mythos.Those being the Amazons.The race of warrior women who kept men as breeding slaves?Thats about the closest thing i could think of to a womans secret society.

[edit on 29-3-2009 by Justice69]

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
There are probably various satanic and pagan witches covens that have 13 female members, 13 being their 'holy' number. If you value your immortal soul, however, I'd recommend staying away.

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but

I'm getting a vibe from you that is saying:

Hey, I need some friends who meet reguarly, have the same experiences as I have, understand me, can be my support system and I can be theirs.

Is that about right?

Why don't you put an add on craigslist looking for friends to meet up once a month or whenever at your house or a member's house and have a "party" (that's what we girls call it). Just open some wine, let it all out and enjoy the company of each other. Let your feelings and problems and successes be known with likeminded friends and you probably will have, right there, what you're looking for.

Have other members invite other girl friends along and see if it grows from there. The possiblities are endless.

If you want you can U2U me and maybe I can be of assistance.

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Uplander gave a good suggestion. Also check out meetup.com. Just type in your location and interest and viola! You will see all sorts of groups.

You can also do some community service. Give to the community and make some friends in the process!

posted on Mar, 30 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by aoz08
Uplander gave a good suggestion. Also check out meetup.com. Just type in your location and interest and viola! You will see all sorts of groups.

You can also do some community service. Give to the community and make some friends in the process!

Nice link, thankyou...I like permaculture and rooftop gardening but it seems that they are having a hard time organizing themselves...will see

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by uplander
Hey, I need some friends who meet reguarly, have the same experiences as I have, understand me, can be my support system and I can be theirs.

I would join that. They would have to be exactly just as I am though, think like me, feel what I feel, experience what I do, support me and be eternal friends. In a world of millions of females I sense they are rare and I doubt they live down my street.

posted on Apr, 6 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I've heard of the berezelles (sp?).

Supposed to be at Tulane University. Offshoot of Skull and Bones. Tied to the theosophical society.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Privy_Princess
I've heard of the berezelles (sp?).

Supposed to be at Tulane University. Offshoot of Skull and Bones. Tied to the theosophical society.

Correction: It's the Brezellus Secret Society. I thought it was a sorority, but I may have been mistaken. It's called a sister Yale Member of chapter 322 - Skull and Bones - The Brotherhood of Death. But I'm thinking it's a fraternity now.

posted on Apr, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Venus014

Originally posted by uplander

I would join that. They would have to be exactly just as I am though, think like me, feel what I feel, experience what I do, support me and be eternal friends. In a world of millions of females I sense they are rare and I doubt they live down my street.

It is my secret dream, I would love to connect with likeminded sisters, what an unfortunate impossibility...

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Yes, there are female secret societies and the like. What you are looking for is a sort of "semi secret" society, since you are mainly looking for one with shared goals/intentions.

There are several female secret societies, a few whose names are unknown, and msot of them it is impossible to get into unless they want you in.

posted on Apr, 22 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
The answer seems clear. Marry a mason.

posted on Apr, 23 2009 @ 10:45 PM
link   
You cannot just "claim" to be a "cousin" of someone and get into Eastern Star. You have to fill out an application and include very specific information that is cross-checked with records before you are allowed in. I don't think they'd take too lightly to someone LYING to gain entrance...

I second the question - why do you want to join a secret society?

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the only masonic group period that requires nasonic heritage is Job's Daughters International. i am all about exposing this group as abusive.

www.youtube.com...

i made this video in order to share some information about this organization. take a look for yourself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join