It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reincarnation, What do you believe?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ascension211
Pure energy does not die, it is recycled.

Not to burst your bubble, but you are bastardizing the laws of thermodynamics. You are assuming that ours souls are made of real and quantifiable energy, and that they are not constructs created by ego.

Sure, energy cannot be created or destroyed, but if we were buried naturally the potential energy stored in our cells that did not come out as heat yet (tissue) and that was not eaten by animals would simply degrade and turn into gas or liquid. Assuming you will be prepared as law dictates, your tissues will be treated with preservatives and that "energy" will become frozen and toxic.

Our bodies only have energy because we are consuming another organism's energy when we eat. We don't produce it all by ourselves.

edit on 21-10-2012 by YoungSoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What do I believe? I hope my last memory of life was a good memory...I am not sure on how death works, but I believe that, what you believe in will make that transition more knowledgeable...I guess it would depend?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by sled735
A Beautiful Poem about Reincarnation:

"Our birth is but a sleep and a forgetting,
The soul that rises with us, our life's star,
hath elsewhere had its setting,
And cometh from afar."

Wordsworth

That is an eloquent poem, but I must disagree with the message. If birth makes me forget about my eternity, then I feel robbed of my own experiences. Since when is amnesia a positive attribute? Have you seen the movie called 'Memento'? The guy got played the entire movie because he could not remember his history. If we cannot remember our own history, then who is to say that we are not being played?

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

You are speaking strictly upon the body ID model. What animates the body is beyond your comprehension at this time. You have to open a bit for the puzzle pieces to start showing up. It's written in the name you have chosen for your profile.

edit on 21-10-2012 by starshift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by YoungSoul

You didn't burst my bubble. Let me brake it down for you. The human body consist of water, blood, brain and a heart. Where does the electrical charge come from that keeps the heart beating, the blood flowing and the brain functioning? You could survive on water alone if needed, but when the soul decides to leave nothing functions anymore. Where did those fingerprints and palm prints come from? How come every single one of of us are like snowflakes? What do you think drives DNA? How do cells multiply? None of these things occur on accident. The soul is the energy that connects it all and gives us our individuality. You say what about animals, fish, etc. They all have energy and blueprints, also. They are just at a different level of enlightenment. Learning different lessons. Take care and thanks for the reply.

ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerpit

That's not how I interpret it, I think it is saying we forget from where we came from when we are born, but that we are of a greater existence then just this life.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by badgerpit

Since when is amnesia a positive attribute?

Not everyone suffers from amnesia so how does that affect all? We understand that in life we suffer from handicaps...Some people are born blind. Some people are born deaf. Lastly people that are born with other disabilities, and obviously we get infected with these other esoteric diseases...What you got make the best of it.....

This is obviously a positive observation of truth...Stevie Wonder able to play a piano. Jose Feliciano been able to play a guitar while blind...Your reincarnation is what YOU believe.....

Should I add Roy Orbison for more of the Americanized crowd...
edit on 21-10-2012 by KonquestAbySS because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sled735

That is a pretty poem thanks for sharing. How do you interpret it's meaning?

I posted what I thought!

Ascension211

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Originally posted by badgerpit
reply to post by ascension211

One way to explain this dilemma to myself is the idea that life is meant as an isolated experience separate from all the other lives that you had. The idea is if that you were 'born' into a certain experience without any knowledge of anything else, you will live your life as true as possible to the experience that you are having in that lifetime. Once your body dies, you pass into another existence where all previous knowledge is accessible to you again until you are born into another body and the slate is wiped clean again for the next life. This is completely theoretical, obviously, but this scenario is about as much sense I can make of our current status of what we call life. This explanation only makes sense IF you regain your memories of your eternal existence after death, otherwise the whole thing makes no sense.

It is my understanding that we DO regain all knowledge we have learned through ALL our lifetimes once we leave the earthly body. All this information is stored in the "Hall of Records".
We can actually go to these records and look at our past lives any time we choose to see if we are "on track" with balancing our karma. I think most of us do this during our sleep when we meet with our "teachers", but we don't remember it upon awakening. But I have read where some people have learned to access these records during OBEs.

I don't like this explanation however. It just does not make sense to me that an eternal being would benefit from the loss of so much knowledge. If we are eternal, then this means that our 'spirit' has been around for a very, very long time and would seem logical that an entity that has been around for so long would know quite a bit of things. This would be incredibly useful for ourselves to retain this knowledge. Instead, we are born with nothing in our minds and for the most part, act like children for the better part of our lives while we are always trying to learn things until we die.

We do retain it in our subconscious. This is how people recall past lives during hypnosis. But it would hold us back from learning the lessons we came for in this life if we could remember it. If we remembered everything from each past life consciously, we would have too much "baggage" to drag around. We would all be suicidal!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:32 AM
link   

reply to post by sled735

That is a pretty poem thanks for sharing. How do you interpret it's meaning?

I posted what I thought!

Ascension211

The same way you did. You put it into words much better than I could, so I'll just copy your statement!

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I am always impressed by those who are more interested in the truth, than just being right. That is a very uncommon trait...

Seems to be a contradiction, the only references to Satan are in religious forms.

No contradiction at all, Satan knows he MUST stay hidden because if people know HE exists, they then know that GOD exists as well.

After spending literally thousands of hours last year studying the origins of religion, I came to the stark realization that religion like you said, is used as a massive mind control weapon.

Last month I spent some time studying reincarnation and the first thing I realized was that there are FAR too many similarities between reincarnation and religion to be a coincidence.

My own personal spiritual encounters over many years combined with massive studies on religion over the last year left me 100% convinced that Satan IS behind all of this. I AM completely convinced because the evidence is far too obvious in my eyes. I KNOW this as FACT but at the same time it frustrates the HECK out of me knowing that conveying this truth to others is almost an impossibility.

I don't believe in it because of Satan, I believe what I believe primarily because of many supernatural encounters that I have experienced. Once you have an experience, you KNOW what real truth is VS just believing.

Concerning your soul and what lies beyond this dimension, you MUST learn the truth.

Death is the ONE thing that matters more than anything else in the world and yet NO ONE wants to talk about it.

Everything else hinges on this reality and until you truly understand the meaning and purpose of life itself and WHY we were created in the first place, you will struggle to comprehend many other mysteries such as reincarnation etc.

Since I began studying NDE's and astral travel many years ago, I have been able to learn much about life outside of this world.

This search will turn up a few posts on ATS about this subject.

This is one of the first videos that I watched that got me interested in NDE's years ago:

"It was like getting on a roller coaster at Disney. And when you peak that high point of the ride it was a thrill, it was very exciting. I was launched from this planet to another one and it was a country as real as England or America. There is life after death and it is not a place where spirits float around bored being nice. It is a real place."

Death is like getting on a roller coaster (Video)

Got to cut this short, I am very tired as it is extremely late here and must get up early in the AM. Fascinating dialogue here but sleep is calling out to me...

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Murgatroid

The ancient concept of reincarnation is older than the relatively new (historically) concept of Satan.
edit on 21-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
reply to post by Murgatroid

The ancient concept of reincarnation is older than the relatively new (historically) concept of Satan.
edit on 21-10-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

Correct...

...and for many is not just a concept...

A99

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
The word 'reincarnate' means to return to meat again, to be of the flesh again.
The belief is that you are flesh now but is that true?
youtu.be...

Before you consider 'reincanation' consider investigating 'incarnation' first.
edit on 21-10-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ascension211

I think this is all pointless especially in light of certain important lamas that seem to have over a dozen "incarnates"/reincarnations. I think its even like an inside joke among "incarnates." lmao

I think I watched it on discovery or something.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by reject
I think I watched it on discovery or something.

Well, I suppose that settles it then...

. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,. ~ ~ .,. ..
. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,
. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,]
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.]
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./
. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .[.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,], .~”; /. .. .]
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .]. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__
,,_. . . . . ].>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Man = no

Animals lower on the food chain = possibly

This is an idea I have independent from any religion I've ever studied, I believe reincarnation of humans is a hoax/myth/lie, I have seen zero evidence to support it, as for animals, I can't say either way but I would say if any type of form of reincarnation did exist it would be with insects/animals and the like, not only are they less evolved, but their spirits are less intelligent and if the universe has some way for these lesser beings to grow I suppose a form of reincarnation could be that method but it's just a guess.

The real answer is, no one knows, I have heard half a dozen lunatics claim they were a famous person, and those exact same re-incarnated famous people happened to be history buffs on that exact same famous person, someone with little grasp of reality and little sense of self-identity and being open to reincarnation can apparently fall for this delusion, they do the math and find out they were born after this favorite famous person of theirs died. I can guarantee not a single famous person has ever been reincarnated, period, I cannot prove this but neither can they.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   
No one has ever experienced death.
Death is just a story told by aliveness.

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

No one has ever experienced death.
Death is just a story told by aliveness.

The dead never sleep in the waking time. The waking dreamtime

posted on Oct, 21 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Just dreaming. Never ending dreams and dreams within dreams.
Who is the dreamer?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join