It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

None of the above 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:55 PM
link   
I am out of options.

Here is my problem:

I would like to exercise my right, no my duty as an American citizen this coming election and vote on a presidential candidate.

I like none of the candidates and I refuse to vote for "the lesser of two evils", or anyone for that matter, that is not truly "for the people".

Myself and others like me need another choice.

Here are some links for anyone interested:

History of "None of the above"

Nobody for President

"None of the above" movement

ooops wrong forum :bnghd:
edit on 10/19/2012 by Firewater because: wrong forum

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firewater

I am out of options.

Here is my problem:

I would like to exercise my right, no my duty as an American citizen this coming election and vote on a presidential candidate.

I like none of the candidates and I refuse to vote for "the lesser of two evils", or anyone for that matter, that is not truly "for the people".

Myself and others like me need another choice.

Here are some links for anyone interested:

History of "None of the above"

Nobody for President

"None of the above" movement

Are you intimating that all the candidates are aliens? LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by Firewater

Are you intimating that all the candidates are aliens? LOL

Hm .....mmmmmaybe......

No, not really. Me being stupid is all(this is my first thread, cut me some slack)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Firewater

Ah, I see you have moved. I was jesting with ya, and actually what you propose is interesting.

Best of luck in your new home!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
There are many people like you who are confused what to do .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

You almost wrote word for word what I wrote on an other site. Like you said it's our right not duty to vote. If none of the candidates represent me then I don't vote. If is/her agenda is to go to war, out source jobs and cut funding to the very infrastructure of our society then I don't vote. I haven't voted in a long time.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Congrats on you 1st. Not too painful?

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Do a write in.

en.wikipedia.org...

partial list of people who won the presidency with the help of write ins:

In 1928, Herbert Hoover won the Republican Massachusetts presidential primary on write-ins, polling 100,279. In 1940, Franklin D. Roosevelt won the Democratic New Jersey presidential primary with 34,278 write-ins. In 1944, Thomas Dewey won the Republican Pennsylvania presidential primary with 146,706 write-ins. He also won the Oregon Republican presidential primary with 50,001 write-ins. In 1948, Harold Stassen won the Republican Pennsylvania presidential primary with 81,242 write-ins. In 1952, Robert Taft won the Republican Nebraska presidential primary with 79,357 write-ins. Also in 1952, Estes Kefauver won the Democratic Pennsylvania presidential primary with 93,160 write-ins. Also in 1952, Dwight Eisenhower won the Republican Massachusetts presidential primary with 254,898 write-ins.

When in doubt, I have still written in this guys name, even though he is now deceased.

www.paulsen.com...

It’s debatable who actually urged Paulsen to run for commander in chief of the free world starting in 1968 through 1996, Smothers said

“Whenever I’d walk around with him, people would yell, ‘Hey, Mr. President,’” Smothers said. “We miss him.”

Now, this guy would have made a great president!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
There are plenty of good third-party candidates. I used to vote mostly Republican, but this year I became an Independent and plan to vote for the Constitution Party.

Find a third-party that fits in with your beliefs and vote your conscience.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I am going to change my name to

NONE OF THE ABOVE

Just to irritate those that can't find some common values with either candidate.

Good lord.

Imagine me as your president!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by XLR8R

Congrats on you 1st. Not too painful?

Thanks. Not too painful :bash:

edit on 10/19/2012 by Firewater because: uuu

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
A video clip of George Carlin on voting.

The part about the misconception that if you DON'T vote, you can't complain is so true. It is much more logical to say that if you DO vote, you can't complain.

WARNING: cuss-words

new topics

top topics

join