It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'If four Americans get killed, it's not OPTIMAL': Obama's extraordinary response to Comedy Centr

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

I don't think I want to see that picture. I've seen enough horror on the internet to last me a lifetime.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I can't speak for Valhall, I can however say I completely approve. It is an election season, you are a Presidential candidate, your job is to reach the electorate. That means you go on TV programs your electorate is watching. Want to reach women, you go on The View. Want to reach working people it is off to Letterman and Leno. If you want to reach young adults, you go on the Daily Show or The Colbert Report. The electorate isn't going to come to you, you have to go to them. It is not Obama's fault Romney is too afraid of Whoopie to go on The View.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   

He's acting very much like Richard Nixon acted after everything started collapsing around him. I remember (I was pretty young at the time) my mother standing in front of the TV and going...there's something real wrong with that man, he's lost his mind. Nixon was acting this way...like he had no ability to act appropriate to the situation.

Bush started acting this way, too. Remember? I think I could probably find a thread or two here where we discussed it was like he was going bat**** crazy right in front of us.

edit on 10-19-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wide-Eyes

I don't think I want to see that picture. I've seen enough horror on the internet to last me a lifetime.

I avoid that sort of thing usually.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I think a wise poster from the comments section of the article you linked, summed it up pretty well.

A non story - form letters have been sent for decades. - xpat73 , USA, 11/10/2012 21:59 Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Precisely, me too.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

He's acting very much like Richard Nixon acted after everything started collapsing around him. I remember (I was pretty young at the time) my mother standing in front of the TV and going...there's something real wrong with that man, he's lost his mind. Nixon was acting this way...like he had no ability to act appropriate to the situation.

Bush started acting this way, too. Remember? I think I could probably find a thread or two here where we discussed it was like he was going bat**** crazy right in front of us.

I was young too in the Nixon years, so I didn't have the skill to assess his demeanor, but I imagine you are correct, yes, now that you mention it, Bush got a little punchy, i remember people wondering if he was drinking again or on anti depressants, honestly Bush is still very silent, maybe he never fully recovered.
edit on 023131p://bFriday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

And you may be right...he may be afraid of Whoopie. I know she scares the hell out of me. She's really gone to freakyville these days.

On the other hand, Romney avoiding a crass opinionated has-been doesn't disturb me near as much as Obama running TO the crass opinionated has-been and talking gooshy anniversary stuff because he was too skeered to meet with Netanyahu and other leaders at the UN.

Like I said...we're straight on his priorities. And I hope he keeps it up.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Yep, I remember those conversations. People were wondering if he was doing drugs. I just thought he'd gone nuts.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by Vitruvian

He didn't say anything disrespectful, and the last person I'd be asking is a grieving mother. Because grieving mothers say and do a great many irrational things with the grief glasses on. Her son died, a tragedy to be sure and she rightly blames the administration for it. The President admits a failure happened, and in this segment he did not just refer to the response to the incident, which is where the question was directed but the events leading to it as being a failure. There is nothing on this subject, not a single thing that the President or anyone in this administration can possibly say that will not upset her. So no her opinion on this has no real weight, beyond her being a grieving mother.

BHO acts like a "hoodie"...........like a punk kid from the hood..............what a shameful presidency we have in him.......he's disrespctful of everything and everybody. His language and general demeanor is that of a rapper. Good riddance to bad rubbish when he's thrown onto the heap of weak and poor presidents of the USA..........he's even worse than Carter if that's at all possible.
edit on 19-10-2012 by Vitruvian because: spell

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I think he's proven it's possible.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rubicant13
The president chose a poor word that can be taken in two different manners as in relation to sentence structure, and it was a bad word to have chosen.

I am not in support of either candidate, so I do not have any bias here. But from the transcripts and video I have seen, he used the word answering a question in which Jon Stewart used the word optimal. When answering a question with the word "optimal" located in the "sentence structure" it would make sense why he used this word right?

And dear lord! This is why I watch these things for the entertainment value, you guys are getting so worked up and it makes zero sense. He simply said dead Americans is bad in simple terms, how can this be spun to negatively reflect on the president?

People see what they want to see to the extent that it scares me badly! I am taking an American Government course this semester and to see some peoples limited view on reality is sad. I mention facts and statistics to certain people in class, only to be told "I do not believe you".

I say it is a fact, you can look it up! And the reply I got was no joke..

"I watch FOX NEWS and have never heard that once"

Again I remind you I am simply an impartial observer here. The two party system as I see it is a sham. On the outside it looks like they have conflicting views etc, that way you appear to have a "side" to polarize towards, however they BOTH lead us down the same path. If you mention this to a class foll of right/left centered people you get looked at with the "stink eye" and feel like a fool for not conforming to the masses viewpoint.

I have decided to not vote for the lesser of the two evils this time and just observe. It feels great!

edit on 19-10-2012 by AwakeANDreaming because: Clarity

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeANDreaming

And dear lord! This is why I watch these things for the entertainment value, you guys are getting so worked up

That's how we roll, get with the program,

That's how we roll, we roll like this

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Well unfortunately FoxNews will always be a much bigger joke than anything else on cable, and yet conservative politicians use it to pander to their supporters.

And I believe it was Romney who politicized the Benghazi attacks five minutes after they happened. Because he's an arrogant fool who has little respect for those who died that day. He made that clear in the 2nd debate. Guess you didn't watch it.

Do your homework before you get offended by semantics

Tell that to this mother....

The mother of an American diplomat killed during a terrorist raid on the U.S. consulate in Benghazi has hit out at Barack Obama for describing the attack as 'not optimal', saying: 'My son is not very optimal - he is also very dead.'

[url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2220241/Barack-Obama-Benghazi-attack-Mother-diplomat-criticises-Presidents-optimal-comment.html]LINK[/url ]

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

That mother is taking out her anger at someone, anyone, that she can point it at. To make matters worse, part of the propaganda to demonize the "enemiy" is to embellish his treatment. It may be possible that he was sodomized....but I would think he would have just been tortured and killed, or killed. Regardless, the only fact we can be certain of is that he is dead....the rest is prone to propaganda.

And this propaganda is what this woman believes. So her hurt and anguish are that much worse.

Regardless, the context she seems to be applying to Obama's comments is completely not the context that they were stated in. It is, in essence, a lie she is perpetrating.

I truly hope it is because of her anguish over losing her son (and the ridiculously graphic descriptions of how he died given out by our government so that they could propagandize his death) and not her politicizing her sons death.

I would tend to believe that it is others, such as those who keep beating the drum about her anguish, that are politicizing her sons death. All the fake outrage over what wasn't really said....that is just politicizing his death. If it weren't, we would be discussing (with honesty) what Obama said, what he meant, and the merits of it. Instead, we are watching the typical two headed retarded monkey that is American politics while it takes turns punching itself in the face repeatedly.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite

Originally posted by HostileApostle
The OP can't even say why his comments were wrong.

All the OP knows is that her Right Wing sources are saying it is outrageous, so it must be parroted.

Ironic that the OP and other Right Wingers don't find it offensive for Romney to continue to use these American's deaths as his little political pawns. But the President says it's never an optimal situation when Americans lose lives after being asked a question about optimal conditions, and they are outraged.

It's so fake and dishonest and really pathetic.

I think the choice of the word optimal was an incredibly poor one. He comes across as callous and uncaring. My opinion does not give you the right to launch a personal attack against me.

Jon Stewart used the word optimal in his question, the president then acknowledged it was not optimal.

The outrage over this is so extremely forced.

edit: sorry didn't realize this was 10 pages in with others saying the same when i responded, still the point stands
edit on 19-10-2012 by mahatche because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeANDreaming

And dear lord! This is why I watch these things for the entertainment value, you guys are getting so worked up and it makes zero sense. He simply said dead Americans is bad in simple terms, how can this be spun to negatively reflect on the president?

This is precisely the point of BHO's insensitivity and downright ignorance of the needs of other human beings - including us. There was a memorial service held that day, and If he were any sort of man he would have spent some time consoling the survivors.......instead this ignoramus goes onto a comedy show to make fun of the entire matter. He is exhibiting the behavior of a sociopath..........!!!

As seen in this image - his behavior demeans the office of the presidency - and the incongruity of it all with the Great Seal of the presidency right in the same frame as the sick "Joker" - look at that sociopathic evil smile BHO - he's a sicko.......Just my opinion.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by mahatche

I'm not outraged. I'm disgusted...and no amount forcing caused it. It just happened. That WTF-nausea that hits you witness an event that causes cognitive dissonance.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'd like to say something about what you just noted. Have you noticed how both Obama and Biden here lately have started looking more and more like the Joker? And I'm not kidding. I could make split/screen after split/screen for both of them on shots that are downright Joker-esque freaky.

It's disturbing.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

Originally posted by AwakeANDreaming

This is precisely the point of BHO's presidents insensitivity and downright ignorance of the needs of other human beings - including us. There was a memorial service held that day, and If he were any sort of man he would have spent some time consoling the survivors.......instead this ignoramus goes onto a comedy show to make fun of the entire matter. He is exhibiting the behavior of a sociopath..........!!!

As seen in this image - sociopathic evil smile BHO - he's a sicko.......Just my opinion.

Who told you they joked about the deaths? I assume some one told you that, because you clearly didn't watch the show, so who is it?

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join