It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood to Challenge Official Version of 9/11: Sheen, Asner and Harrelson to Star in Film.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
You guys on this site just want to say Bush planned it or The Jews did sorry I am suppost to use the code word for Jews "Zionist"
To my way of thinking, Zionism is a political force, Judaism is a religion, Israel is a country . They are not interchangeable.

That being said, my fear is that this film will either dodge 'uncomfortable' aspects such as the 'Dancing Israelis", and the 'art students' who set up camp in the towers...or that it will make a mockery of alternative theorising altogether.

Still, with Asner, Harrelson, and Sheen, one should expect a degree of integrity. I look forward to the project.
edit on 19-10-2012 by JohnnyCanuck because: Can't forget Woody!

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
I know a thread was made about this topic last January--but I wanted to start another one now that there are actors signed on and the project is moving forward. This is a big step for the movie industry---and a giant step for waking up the sleeping people. It's about time some of the Hollywood folks started using their undue influence to do something important for the world. According to an article, the subject of 9/11 and its official story has been totally taboo in Hollywood.

The movie will be called "September Morn." (Good title, whether you like Neal Diamond or not. By the way, its also a painting by the French artist Paul Émile Chabas which hangs in New York's Metropolitan Musuem of Art.)

Hollywood is to court controversy with a film that will challenge the official version of the events of 9/11, a previously taboo topic for the industry mainstream. Martin Sheen, Woody Harrelson and Ed Asner, who have all supported conspiracy theories about the terrorist attacks, have signed up to do the movie, which is entitled September Morn.

The Guardian article says that the film's advance publicity note hints at a cover-up, saying: "We the people demand that the government revisit and initiates a thorough and independent investigation to the tragic events of 911."

Details of the film, which is to be directed by BJ Davis and written by Howard Cohen, are expected to be revealed at an American Film Market conference in Los Angeles next week, Deadline.com reported.

source: www.guardian.co.uk...

It's about frickin time

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by signalfire

Bravo.

I mean that sincerely.

Possibly one of the best explanations I've seen on this subject in a long time.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
How is making a movie post 9/11 any different than the movie Munich that was released in 2005?

Taken straight off the wiki

Spielberg refers to the film's second part as "historical fiction", saying it is inspired by the actual Israeli operations, known as Operation Wrath of God.

I'm sure anything not 100% parallel to the events of 9/11 would fall under the same category of "historical fiction".

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodOlDave

You think people can hate Bush so much that it causes free-fall collapses of three giant steel buildings? That's hilarious!

Obama isn't going to say jack squat about the issue because he's got plenty of his own activities that need to be conceiled from the citizenry. I would imagine that any Bush admin officials involved in the coverup of 9/11 are laying very low these days hoping against hope that nobody ever asks them about it ever again.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

S&F. This should be an entertaining romp MRuss! We will determine ourselves if it feels like there is any truth to it. I always think of these things as the prosecutors closing argument. Bring it on.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
A Hollywood film. A "dramatized recreation" of events, seeded with tantalizing yet unrelated bits of real footage to lend "credence" to the "plot" or story line? And if they make it controversial then there will be fighting in the aisles between all the camps. So they will have to milk toast it in order to prevent that.

I won't be seeing it. I will come here to get everyone else's opinion on it though.

Scary thought. Could you imagine an exclusive pre screening for ATS members only? There would be raucous laughter, falling down in the aisles and jumping upon seats. Love to sit in the back and see that.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Martin Sheen, love his work. His dedication to craft, telling the story through acting--hes the right person to be in it, regardless of what personal stake he might have in telling it.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

I say,
Beware of Hollywood. The entertainment industry and politics are fathered by the world banks. The elite. They're pretty much like family.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
it still amazes me how people think they can tie the fall of building 7 to the planes when nothing touched it, if these guys really honestly believe the official story is bunk(which I do in some regards) they better fact check everything and back it up because just one mistake, will bring out all those that condemn those of us that don't buy what the government is telling us about this

the idea of 9/11 actually sounds goofy on paper, so arab terrorists, who can barely fly small planes, will hijack huge jets, gain control of them, and somehow be able to co-ordinate them into flying into 2 buildings, all the while avoiding hitting other planes in the air and not having a single F16 on their asses. then a building that doesn't get touched is going to fall to the ground, all this with no outside help
edit on 20-10-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by CoolStoryMan
building 7 to the planes when nothing touched it,

why ignore the severe damage done to it by the collapse of the North tower?

then a building that doesn't get touched is going to fall to the ground,

Why claim it was not touched when it was severely damaged by the North tower?

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

building 7 to the planes when nothing touched it,

why ignore the severe damage done to it by the collapse of the North tower?

then a building that doesn't get touched is going to fall to the ground,

Why claim it was not touched when it was severely damaged by the North tower?

Just keep repeating the word "severe", maybe it'll become true eventually.

Now hurry and change the subject, hmm...what should it be..., Zionism! Yeah, talk about Zionism now and how it's just racist double speak and not some nutso religious offshoot running an apartheid stain in the middle east who have committed false flag attacks before!

Awesome, I'm learning how to "debunk" by the experts.
edit on 20-10-2012 by TylerKing because: crash

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by pteridine
reply to post by MRuss

Hollywood works on the four little words "It's all about money." Facts and reality never get in the way and the people know it. Why would anyone consider this anything more than entertainment? The actors listed are dim bulbs and likely would be overmatched in any ATS discussion thread. The philosophy of actors is that any publicity is good publicity and this fits the bill.

There are four other words that Hollywood needs to be sucessfull and those are "Once upon a time" you see all stories should start with this and since this is nothing but a "story" it fits. Hollywood is in the story telling business not the history business. They change history to make interesting movies. They do not make history.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Urantia1111

No they're not. The terrorists responsible are locked up or in the case of the actual perpatrators dead. The United States Of America did not terrorize itself. It did not make up a tragedy to start a war. Hey the real world isnt dangerous enough for you guys you have to make spit up about another world. This is the real world and in this world bad guys from the middle east did this. To all who think otherwise. You're all nuts.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

No not re creation. 100% Fiction.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cartenz

Yeah, ha, high stakes.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

it still amazes me how people think they can tie the fall of building 7 to the planes when nothing touched it, if these guys really honestly believe the official story is bunk(which I do in some regards) they better fact check everything and back it up because just one mistake, will bring out all those that condemn those of us that don't buy what the government is telling us about this

the idea of 9/11 actually sounds goofy on paper, so arab terrorists, who can barely fly small planes, will hijack huge jets, gain control of them, and somehow be able to co-ordinate them into flying into 2 buildings, all the while avoiding hitting other planes in the air and not having a single F16 on their asses. then a building that doesn't get touched is going to fall to the ground, all this with no outside help
edit on 20-10-2012 by CoolStoryMan because: (no reason given)

Dude, those big jets practally fly themselves. No comparrison to a small plane that needs constant attention from the pilot. And these guys went to flight school. We know this. Get real buddy.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

What can it hurt?

I'd like to think that Oliver Stone's JFK did much to wake up more American's to the conspiracy surrounding Kennedy's murder.
Did Stone get it all correct? OF course not.

But, the purpose of a movie like this isn't to get it all right, IMO.
It's to get people to think and question.

The truth of 9/11 is a complicated animal. Maybe September Morn can shed some light. Or at least wake up some people.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
I know a thread was made about this topic last January--but I wanted to start another one now that there are actors signed on and the project is moving forward. This is a big step for the movie industry---and a giant step for waking up the sleeping people. It's about time some of the Hollywood folks started using their undue influence to do something important for the world. According to an article, the subject of 9/11 and its official story has been totally taboo in Hollywood.

The movie will be called "September Morn." (Good title, whether you like Neal Diamond or not. By the way, its also a painting by the French artist Paul Émile Chabas which hangs in New York's Metropolitan Musuem of Art.)

Hollywood is to court controversy with a film that will challenge the official version of the events of 9/11, a previously taboo topic for the industry mainstream. Martin Sheen, Woody Harrelson and Ed Asner, who have all supported conspiracy theories about the terrorist attacks, have signed up to do the movie, which is entitled September Morn.

The Guardian article says that the film's advance publicity note hints at a cover-up, saying: "We the people demand that the government revisit and initiates a thorough and independent investigation to the tragic events of 911."

Details of the film, which is to be directed by BJ Davis and written by Howard Cohen, are expected to be revealed at an American Film Market conference in Los Angeles next week, Deadline.com reported.

source: www.guardian.co.uk...

Kudos for them. I just hope it's not a bunch of quackery theories that cannot be proven or at minimal truly tangible under true scrutiny. The fact is that the US government failed on that day and failed leading up to the event and much has been left unanswered or rejected that is valid. Much has been shrouded in deceptions and falsehoods. I just want a fair, open and comprehensive investigation to take place and and end to secrecy and redactions on the matter.

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow. For a group of people that think 9/11 was a complete scripted lie you sure fall hook line and sinker for the validity of a hollywood film hahahah, Talk about replacing one illusion with another. You spend most of your time talking about media lies, then a movie comes out which agrees with your 'enlightened' views and you're jumping for joy. Kind of sad really.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join