It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What just happened in northwest Louisiana? Unexplained Explosion

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I took some screen shots for those that might be at work and can not access the video.

Before flashes:

First flash:

Second flash:

The reporter stated that the footage was taken from Lott Service Center in Minden. Did an internet search to find that location. If the address I found was correct, that puts it right about (or a little less than) 3 miles from the explosion.

Screenshot for reference:

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
After watching the video, I see a first flash.... So.........................what caused the second explosion, INSIDE the bunker? Something hit first, triggering the explsion of the second...

After watching the other vid of a bunker exploding, it looks to me like the top was smacked by whatever it was that came down because the top in the other bunker didn't even budge after it exploded in the video.

Also something else to consider, after the other explosions, it was just a one and done deal, no questions asked, tell the story, we all move on. There is continued coverage on thisand to me that says they are trying to get everyone off their asses without directly coming out and saying it... Everyday they give us more and more "coverage" on the blast.

One commenter posted this on the comments of that video.

"Ahhh liar liars everywhere. Cruise missle launched by Russian sub in the gulf! go here for the truth not the lamestream!"
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MaxBlack

FYI Max, the bunkers here are not deep underground. They are only underground in the sense that they are covered with dirt while still remaining at grade. So essentially, they are under 'dirt' bunkers.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaxBlack
While the next question is whose Rod was it? What nation fired it would be a good question for real leaders in govt or the military, but since I doubt anyone in govt or even in the media is going to investigate or honestly tell us what really happened, we will have to look for answers on our own the best we can.

On one of the pages I read over the last few days, someone commented that what happened has a new "bunker buster" type tech that we needed to test before a war with Iran. The person stated that with Camp Minden's history of accidental explosions it was the perfect place to test with a built in cover story.

Also, take a look at the 'fall guy', Explo Systems. Privately owned company so there is virtually no information on them. We know they disputed a contract that was awarded to a larger company and we know they have several employees suing them. One of the things I think should be tracked going forward is what happens to that company. Could be the company bankrupts, then the owners get some sort of cushy defense contract jobs in return for taking the fall.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
Couldn`t the first boom heard be the explosion of the bunker and the different streaks across the sky be the flying debri and subsequent booms different people heard?

Someone earlier in the thread that lives there said he heard a boom then went outside and saw something streaking across the sky,so that would make sense to me.

Let me be more clear... After I went outside, after the explosion, I saw a long lasting meteorite.

The explosion happened north of my house, about 3 miles north. What I saw afterwards was WAAAAY off in the southern sky, moving east to west... It DEFINITELY wasnt any debris from the crash slash blast site my friend...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

At least the flash-to-shockwave time matches the distance for the speed of sound. It's about 3.5 km (2 miles), and the time between the flash and the shockwave is very nearly 10 seconds.

This matches what they showed at the bunker. Two explosions.

There are a couple things it doesn't match, though. It was pointed out on the previous page that the timestamp is an hour behind... that's the first thing. The other is that the radar picked up the debris cloud at 11:28, 2 minutes before the first flash. Either the timestamp is 3 or 4 minutes ahead, or the cloud got kicked up before the first flash.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by LSU0408
After watching the video, I see a first flash.... So.........................what caused the second explosion, INSIDE the bunker? Something hit first, triggering the explsion of the second...

Could it be the second explosion was nothing more than the fireball from the the one and only explosion lighting up the sky as it got higher.... or...... could there have been two or more explosions..????

when things blow up, there is know set pattern..in that i mean, there very easily could have been two explosions just as much as there could have 10 or just the one....

Looking at the video to me, there was one explosion,, then the shockwave hit the camera just as the fireball from that one and only explosion lit up the sky as it gained height...Just a wee theory of mine....

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stevie777
could there have been two or more explosions..????

According to one news article yesterday, there are two blast sites.

As Hooper notes, the blast site is actually comprised of two blasted areas. The ground is blackened more at one site than the other.
ksla.com

Of course that could just be a story to explain the two flashes that many people stated they saw. (I can see the back room deal now.... people saw 2 flashes?? Let's make 2 blast sites!)
edit on 18-10-2012 by OneisOne because: need more coffee!!!

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by OneisOne

There are two blast sites apparent in the aerial footage, one at either end of the bunker.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by LSU0408

Could it be the second explosion was nothing more than the fireball from the the one and only explosion lighting up the sky as it got higher.... or...... could there have been two or more explosions..????

when things blow up, there is know set pattern..in that i mean, there very easily could have been two explosions just as much as there could have 10 or just the one....

Looking at the video to me, there was one explosion,, then the shockwave hit the camera just as the fireball from that one and only explosion lit up the sky as it gained height...Just a wee theory of mine....

So it can blast, then the blast disappear, and then show up again? Too bad there isnt a sound associated with that video...
edit on 18-10-2012 by LSU0408 because: Forgot to add post, DUURRR ME

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

Yes, explosions can do that....The fireball doesn't "Disappear" it gets caught up in it's own debris then the fireball climbs higher than the heavier debris and burst through...as i said, Just a wee theory of mine, but check out videos of explosions and you'll see what i mean...including Nuclear.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

reply to post by LSU0408

Yes, explosions can do that....The fireball doesn't "Disappear" it gets caught up in it's own debris then the fireball climbs higher than the heavier debris and burst through...as i said, Just a wee theory of mine, but check out videos of explosions and you'll see what i mean...including Nuclear.

Ok thanks for the info... I also saw where a few people said that was 250,000 pounds of explosives... If that was the case, shouldnt it have taken out more trees?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevie777

I'm okay with a bunker explosion being heard,
but what about the fiery ball flying across the sky that was sighted by witnesses in Tennessee, Texas, Louisiana, etc?

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Like this one...
Source

A large meteor streaked across the night sky Wednesday night and was seen and heard throughout the Bay Area.

Sky observers took to social media to report that they had seen a bright fireball with hues of red and orange break up overhead shortly after 7:30 p.m., accompanied by a loud boom.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by LSU0408

A 7200-ft debris plume is consistent with a 200,000-250,000 lb explosion. The bunker is designed to direct the force of the explosion upward, and in the aerial footage the trees seem to be taken out in a plus-sign sort of shape, extending out a couple hundred feet in either direction. That's not a small area, but it was definitely smaller than it would've been had the bunker's design not been effective (and also much smaller than it would've been had a meteor struck the bunker).

ETA: but that doesn't preclude some sort of bunker buster.
edit on 18-10-2012 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

I'm okay with a bunker explosion being heard,
but what about the fiery ball flying across the sky that was sighted by witnesses in Tennessee, Texas, Louisiana, etc?

Coincidence maybe.....Here's a fire ball seen over the whole of the UK last March...it could have crashed as far away as Norway but for all who saw it they said it looked as it was coming down only a few miles away...people dont seem to understand how high these things are up and how fast they are traveling....

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Could be a coincidence,

But coincidence often perks up the ears of those that frequent conspiracy sites like this. That, and the complete confusion and amount of time that it took for answers to come out about what should not have been a mystery.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Interesting site found. . . The Louisiana Sinkhole Bugle..

3 Video Reports About the Blast in NW Louisiana – Train Also Blew Up

lasinkhole.wordpress.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
So as far as the blast site goes, this is my theory:
I only see one bunker involved first of all. Secondly, the bunker itself is the area that has the clearly defined concrete pad outline. The other area is scorched earth. If you have read any of my other theories on mysterious occurrences here on ATS, you'll probably know that I base alot of my theories on what I have learned being in the film industry for most of my adult life. In this particular case, I've played around these exact type of bunkers in my youth, so I'm very familiar with them. I've also done explosives work within the film industry and also industrial explosive work with a group of Navy Seals and EOD as contract work on power plant furnace cleanups.

What I see here is the bunker doing what bunkers do, mitigate damage to nearby areas and direct the force up and away from other bunkers. While applying for my explosives license, I had to provide a magazine for storage. A bunker if you will, that had to be x number of feet from any other magazines and had to be separated by an earthen structure from other magazines. It basically laid out how the berms work for safety.

This bunker had a concrete bulkhead with a blast door on the front. The entire structure is reinforced concrete, however, it didn't have dirt on that end. That is the end that has the scorched earth. You can see how the trees are laid down oriented with the blast. If the other three sides had no dirt surrounding them, all of the area around it would look like that.

I don't know why there were two blasts, that's more than any of us could determine with the limited info we have so far. I'm not leaning toward Rods from God, but again, it could have been the Cheshire Cat as far as I know.

posted on Oct, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
News report about 911 calls. (there is a video at the link) ksla.com

On Monday evening, the Webster Parish 911 call center was inundated with more than 300 calls from panicked residents -- in less than an hour. The underground bunker explosion at Camp Minden had Minden residents on edge, wondering what the cause of the blast was.

Several of the callers confused the loud explosion with someone trying to break into their home. 911 call center dispatchers with the Webster Parish Sheriff's Office tell KSLA News 12 that extra employees had to be called into work to handle the demand of the high call volume.

I found this part interesting!

KSLA News 12 reached out to Explo Inc, leaving several messages. None of those messages have been returned.

edit on 18-10-2012 by OneisOne because: typo typo typo

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join