It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heads Up! Skip This Thread, My Message Is Not For You!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Due to the overwhelming, judgmental threads concerning spelling, peoples message, or a combination of both then by all means I am more then willing to come out, and tell those that it concerns, remember my name, and avatar, because I will make mistakes, there will be a few misspelled words, and maybe I might even do the evil, starting a new sentence with AND.

Since it means that I have no merit, and I should not be taken seriously then by all means, I will save you the trouble, and give you a heads up, my message is NOT for you, not my research, not the time it takes to write a thought out and well researched thread, because without the "proper" spelling the message is garbage, and I should not be taken seriously.

Hello, my name is NoRegretsEver and I make mistakes. If you or those you know have a problem with that, then please by all means, you can see the name of the thread creator and I am willing to save you the trouble of reading my uneducated thread with my misuse of the English language the way that you see fit.

Thank you, NRE.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
I am more then willing to come out, and tell those that it concerns,

Then should have been than in this sentence..

Sorry I couldn't help myself!!

It bugs me that people care so much about that crap... I am here for content not a grammar lesson!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I applaud your use of reverse psychology to get me to click on this thread.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

Couldn't have said it better NRE.....

Des

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Sadly, there will always be those who lack the ability to make a legitimate debate of your post and reduce to dissecting grammar , spelling, name calling...etc.
Those are most likely the ones who couldn't text message a properly spelled word or complete sentence off-site.
There seems to occasionally be an artificial sense of hierachy that follows some when they are online.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
While I'm not bothered by the occasional grammer,spelling ,or typo.(everyone makes mistakes) ,and I'm sure that I make more than my share. However there are people on this site that butcher the english language so badly I can't understand what they are trying to say. Now I am aware that there are people who don't have english as a first language on this site. Thing is those people are better able to make their point than certian others who have english as their only language. These are the people I have a problem with.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Thank you,NRE!
Seems to be alot of that going on.

Can't we all get along and respect each other?

S&F

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
While I'm not bothered by the occasional grammer,spelling ,or typo.(everyone makes mistakes) ,and I'm sure that I make more than my share. However there are people on this site that butcher the english language so badly I can't understand what they are trying to say. Now I am aware that there are people who don't have english as a first language on this site. Thing is those people are better able to make their point than certian others who have english as their only language. These are the people I have a problem with.

This happens to be a global site.

Wait to you go into a voice chat,and deal with the heavy accents!
It's all cool,and should be tolerated.

link   
I have no problems with bad grammar.. why should we be perfect anyway.

link   

Due to the overwhelming, judgmental threads concerning spelling, peoples message, or a combination of both then by all means I am more then willing to come out, and tell those that it concerns, remember my name, and avatar, because I will make mistakes, there will be a few misspelled words, and maybe I might even do the evil, starting a new sentence with AND.

Since it means that I have no merit, and I should not be taken seriously then by all means, I will save you the trouble, and give you a heads up, my message is NOT for you, not my research, not the time it takes to write a thought out and well researched thread, because without the "proper" spelling the message is garbage, and I should not be taken seriously.

Hello, my name is NoRegretsEver and I make mistakes. If you or those you know have a problem with that, then please by all means, you can see the name of the thread creator and I am willing to save you the trouble of reading my uneducated thread with my misuse of the English language the way that you see fit.

Thank you, NRE.

Your spelling is correct in the OP. I have the Firefox spelling add-on. Makes a world of difference and it's free with little effort to install. IE and Chrome also have the same add-on.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

All good. We are all human.

Its alright to get what you need, off your chest.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I know exactly what you're saying. People will shoot the messenger if the message isn't perfect, which to me appears to be the hallmark of a small, narrow mind.

Get beyond the minor errors, unless you're an English teacher, and try to understand what the poster is saying. We've all made mistakes (and I've made plenty, and a couple of times have been crucified for it), so chill out, folks. It derails the topic and turns it into a nit-picking fest.

We truly don't know how much longer we'll have a free internet with the ability to disseminate our ideas without censorship, so let's be courteous, so that all posters will feel free to put their ideas in print.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Some people are just anal. They always have to find SOMETHING wrong. I don't get it honestly.
2nd

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And, the people said, "Amen."

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What sort of person complains about the spelling?

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Hear iz the whey eye c it.

The folks who disregard the content due to spelling mistakes obviously lack the brain power that their maker gave a gnat. Those folks seem to lack the ability to think critically, and the only means they have in their intellectual arsenal to elevate themselves into relevance is to attack spelling/grammar errors. In this way, these folks tend to think they have now become witty and dashingly clever. To my way of thinking however, they tend to make themselves out to be the nitwits they actually are.

Go get 'em NRE....and I'm right behind you!!

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey kdog, didn't mean to imply that I have any problem with people who don't have english as a first language. Actually I can usually see what they are getting at. Most of them are very able to get across what they have to say. For this I commend them and say well done.

However there are people here who have english as their only language, that can't string two cohesive sentences together. These people can't get their point across, as they can't be understood. Sometimes I wonder if they are small children who are trying to be adults and just don't have the language skills to be able to communicate their thoughts.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha
reply to post by kdog1982

Hey kdog, didn't mean to imply that I have any problem with people who don't have english as a first language. Actually I can usually see what they are getting at. Most of them are very able to get across what they have to say. For this I commend them and say well done.

However there are people here who have english as their only language, that can't string two cohesive sentences together. These people can't get their point across, as they can't be understood. Sometimes I wonder if they are small children who are trying to be adults and just don't have the language skills to be able to communicate their thoughts.

It's cool,I know what you are addressing.

It's our public educational system.
And still,they want to cut it back.

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Thank you, NRE.

I'll definitely remember your avatar!

As long as you don't spell "blue" g-r-e-e-n, we're good

edit on 14-10-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
As I said in the other thread. I believe properly written communication is essential in our society. I also said I'm as guilty as anyone of most of the mistakes mentioned in that thread. But I do endeavor to better my communication skills for the readers sake.

As to other folks grammar and spelling, as long as I can grasp what someone is communicating to me, why fuss about it? It's only when I can't understand what I'm reading that I get frustrated. And fortunately, that is a seldom occurrence on ATS. However, I might be guilty of a little harassment occasionally, but it's all in fun.

BTW. Shouldn't your location be "Depends on where you're looking" instead of "Depends on where your looking"?

S&F.
edit on 10/14/2012 by Klassified because: Corrections

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join