It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Senate Push to Pledge Unconditional Support for Israeli Preventive War on Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

My apologies, although IMO the word extremist is the bad part, not really that he's a right wing guy. I know plenty of perfetly sane, reasonable folks on the right.

No worries!

People just need to be clear that fools like Lindsey Grahamnesty are NOT right wingers. He is a neocon and a warmonger. Most descent Tea Party conservatives rebuke almost everything that idiot does and says. He's a GOP establishment tool, not a right winger.

+9 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

I believe that the outcome of the future all depends on whether or not China and Russia are bluffing about their support for Iran, and how they would react to an Israeli/American attack.

I am on the fence on whether or not they really care about Iran even considering the interests they have invested in Iran. It could all be bluffing in the hopes of trying to calm things down. One thing is for sure is that a war between the big 3 will have no winners, and the fact that a bunch of religious extremists in Israel are willing to start WW3 based on lies really pisses me off, it pisses me off even more that they want us to do the work for them.
edit on 12-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I am trying to think of something to add, but i think your comment sums it all up. Damn your comprehensive response

The only thing i could offer is a possible tangent we can off on, perhaps about how the big three need to reevaluate their foreign policy to be more introverted....or something

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

CE,

I'm confused as to why you think that China and Russia only have limited interest in Iran. Both nations will be heavily reliant upon Iranian oil for their future energy needs. This is clear based on the rhetoric of both nations regarding Iran and it's allies, most notably Syria.

The interest in Iranian oil among other things ( including precious metals that Iran has yet to develop) is really big among those nations, even if they don't want to admit it fully right now.

~Tenth

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Russia doesn't rely on Iran for oil as they produce enough oil to sell to most of Europe.

I guess they could be buying cheap Iranian oil that nations can't buy do to sanctions, and resell it as Russian oil, but I think China and Russia have more of a political goal with Iran than a oil based one.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Tenth,

I do not think oil or natural resource would be Russia's main justification for any intervention.

•Russia holds the world's largest natural gas reserves, the second-largest coal reserves, and the ninth-largest crude oil reserves.

•Russia was the second-largest producer of crude oil in 2011, second only to Saudi Arabia. During the year, production averaged more than 10 million bbl/d.

•Russia's Transneft holds a monopoly over Russia's pipeline network, however pipeline exports have been displaced somewhat by seaborne exports over the last year.

•Russia holds the largest natural gas reserves in the world, and is the largest producer and exporter of dry natural gas.

•Russia is one of the top producers and consumers of electric power in the world, with more than 220 million kilowatts of installed generation capacity.

•Despite its sizeable reserves, production of coal in Russia is relatively low.

Source
I think any stance taken by Russia and China, is purely to counter balance the influence US projects upon the globe.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

I should have been more clear as I believe I may have given you the wrong impression. There is no doubt in my mind that their interest in Iran is way beyond limited since as you stated they have a whole lot invested there but how much is it worth to them? It's worth a lot, but lately they have backed down on certain threats which IMO makes them look weak.

They talked tough about Iraq, Libya, and now Iran and Syria. My problem is that I have to many theories going on in my head all at once that it is difficult to commit to any possible scenario...anything can happen. Part of me believes this is just a whole show and that even Iran is in on it

And once again as you already stated there is more than oil invested in these countries as they are strategic locations as well for both China and Russia and if the US and Israel were to get their puppet governments installed in Iran and Syria, Russia/China would be losing out on a whole lot of revenue and regional power.

Like I said, this media # storm has my head spinning and I'm just trying to carefully put the pieces together as difficult as the puzzle may be.

Cheers.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

The only thing i could offer is a possible tangent we can off on, perhaps about how the big three need to reevaluate their foreign policy to be more introverted....or something

I'm sure there is a whole lot we can add to our tangent

And yes the big three need to learn how to play nice and share

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

It puzzles me why the United States is so protective of Israel especially after all they have done in the past starting but not limited to the USS Liberty

Yeah so what about those Americans who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan eh?

Like Totally forget the USS Sameul B. Roberts?

It amazes me the lengths that some on here will go to condemn Isreal for everything and turn a blind eye to the atrocities commited by Iran.

Dead Americans are bad!!!

Right?

Just only when It was 50 years ago?

By that logic Americans should still "hate" Russia,China,Vietnam,Korea,Afghani's,Iraqi's,Libyans,Germans,Japanese,Mexicans etc.

So lets be clear here 1 Senator does not a war make.
edit on 12-10-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Russia and china don't like another major American foot hold in the region,specially in Iran.No one likes more conflicts at this most fragile times...They know very well that one who rules Persia,rules the ME...They are aware of the fact that how important Islam,Iran and the Oil is for the future of the area and eventually the whole world....They realize that despite all the shortcomings Iran is a peaceful, Democratic(not liberal),Influential,powerful,educated,determent,rich country and a great stabilizer in the region..They know,Americans know,Iranians know and the whole world is starting to know...So bibi better find another hobby or bye bye...

+4 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

It puzzles me why the United States is so protective of Israel especially after all they have done in the past starting but not limited to the USS Liberty

Yeah so what about those Americans who have died in Iraq and Afghanistan eh?

Like Totally forget the USS Sameul B. Roberts?

It amazes me the lengths that some on here will go to condemn Isreal for everything and turn a blind eye to the atrocities commited by Iran.

Dead Americans are bad!!!

Right?

Just only when It was 50 years ago?

By that logic Americans should still "hate" Russia,China,Vietnam,Korea,Afghani's,Iraqi's,Libyans,Germans,Japanese,Mexicans etc.

So lets be clear here 1 Senator does not a war make.

I am pretty thick skinned but as a brother of someone who was wounded by an IED in Afghanistan I find your comment childish and offensive and equal to the actions of a female dog. I lost a good friend I went to school with in the USA in Iraq...you don't know # but the smell from your upper lip.

USS Liberty was 50 years ago so let's just forget about that since it's no longer important

Vietnam = Gulf of Tonkin
You forget that one already?

Quoted once again for stupidty^^^^

Are you drunk bro?

BTW 911 was an inside job...U MAD BRA!

ETA:

And Israel was in on it...now I guess I'm an anti semite

edit on 12-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

I don't understand what you don't like about it. This is standard fare. He's just putting it in writing that we'll assist our ally Israel if they should enter into a war with Iran. Why would we not do this? It's like you have a friend and your friend is being threatened by a bully and you ask your other friend "Hey, if our friend gets into a fight with the bully, lets pledge to help him, so he's not alone. Ok?" Put this way, it looks reasonable. In my view, there's nothing to worry about here.

You should already know we stand 100% behind Israel if the SHTF.

en.wikipedia.org - Israel–United States relations...
edit on 12-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Israel doesn't even stand behind nutanyahu, why should we? btw israel is the bully in this case so your analogy is crap.

all in all i am more worried about israel unleashing nuclear weapons on other countries than iran. i'm not a fan of iran but let us be real the zionist regime in israel is the aggressor in this dance.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

all in all i am more worried about israel unleashing nuclear weapons on other countries than iran. i'm not a fan of iran but let us be real the zionist regime in israel is the aggressor in this dance.

Europe agrees with you

European Poll: Israel Biggest Threat To World Peace

I'm confident that it's not just Europe who feels that way either....

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I find these anti Isreali threads childish and offensive your not the only one with family and friends in harms way.

Threads like these are just as bad as the vilification of its intended target which is no better than what that senators is trying to do.

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I find these anti Isreali threads childish and offensive your not the only one with family and friends in harms way.

Threads like these are just as bad as the vilification of its intended target which is no better than what that senators is trying to do.

What are your thoughts of one of your elected officials pledging to rally support for Israel in the form of more money, support, and troops?

As an American this should truly concern you but instead you deflect and discuss non issues so your agenda is quite clear.

I wish your loved ones in harms way the best of luck.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

What are your thoughts of one of your elected officials pledging to rally support for Israel in the form of more money, support, and troops?

Ending all foreign and military aid to those 150 countries in the world.

Ending all of it not jut singing out the "evil zionists".

Including Canada and agendas are rather clear here.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Can you clarify?

Does that mean cut all aid to Israel as well?

Agreed on that hateful or prejudicial speech helps nothing

Clarify your last comment?

I apologize, i might be missing context. Thank you in advance.
edit on 12-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

I won't ever stand with the same nation that treated the death of Rachel Corrie as if it were nothing. The same nation that thinks nothing of bombing someone for throwing rocks.

They cannot be trusted.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I find it offensive that some people blindly support Israel and treat them like the victims they want to be.

I think the world would be better off without BiBi's "leadership".

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

Can you clarify?

Does that mean cut all aid to Israel as well?

Agreed on that hateful or prejudicial speech helps nothing

Clarify your last comment?

I apologize, i might be missing context. Thank you in advance.
edit on 12-10-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

He meant that Canada sucks too...and that I have an agenda...me and Neo go through this in every thread

I wish Canada would stop blindly supporting Israel as well...my next post will reflect this.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join