It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Senate Push to Pledge Unconditional Support for Israeli Preventive War on Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I think it embolden our enemy's to announce our plans so far ahead of schedule or need. When you do something like that it removes the element of surprise.

Why not wait and force the combatants to get together and resolve the mid-east peace crisis themselves?

Why not wait and play it by ear when and if the time comes?

If the US Senate proceeds with such a reckless and irresponsible path to promise more war regardless of the circumstances this will disrespect and infuriate our allies in the region and further embolden our enemies in that area to coalesce and possibly place Israel in greater danger.

We have already promised Iran would not be allowed to develop nuclear weapons. That should be enough and right now the greatest danger to Iran and any other country in the Mideast for that matter is Israel.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Israel learn how fight your own wars and stop depending on other people's blood to protect your own!

I think a lot of people in the U.S. feel that way. Personally I think it should be put on the ballot during the general election and have the people vote on it. It's their sons and daughter who have to sacrifice their lives for a country who should be settling their own neighboring conflicts themselves. This crap on taking sides in regional conflicts has to stop.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

You have it wrong...MOST AMERICANS...LARGE majority in fact SUPPORT ISRAEL. and are wondering why the current admin in Swishy washy Washington is giving Israel such a hard time on this. Sanctions against Iran are a joke, They laugh at us. We should be at Israels side, step by step, and slam IRAN with an iron fist. Pound the facilities so far underground that the devil himself will choke on the souls of the evil men who want to destroy Israel. We AMERICANS are vastly Christian, and according to our belief, As the Bible states..."Whom Ever Stands Against Israel, Stands Against Me"(God).
I assure you...If Washington does not act against Iran soon....The New President Will. Mitt Romney Will not hesitate and bow down and kiss the arse of the enemy. Unconditional Support for Israel? ABSOLUTELY!! Without hesitation... LETS ROLL!!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I swear it's like everything prior to 2001 on this has been forgotten. Or better yet, not known. I am sure today's younger generation is just shown pictures of "those poor palestinian's being treated bad by big bully israel!".

Unlike you I'm sure quite a few of them have researched Israels past that is why the old poor innocent Israel lie isn't working anymore.

Did I say I agreed with everything Israel does in regards to this?? No I explicitly said I did not. Could they improve policy, probably. Does that mean I disagree with the situation...nope...The Arabs intentionally gambled in 48 and 67, the Palestinian's were complicit....and they lost.......they got offered a state in 99 and walked away.

And your bringing out Carter??? Yeah he may rag on Israel now.....but he started the Camp David Accords........and had his own problems with Iran....and the economy, and most American's think his presidency was the better part of a joke.

He makes good habitat for humanity houses though.

posted on Oct, 15 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by paradox7

Ignorance seeps out of American's more than even cellulite...anyone who knows of Israel in the 1940's, anyone that is interested in the FACTS that are clear and evident if researched, would not and could not support them. They committed horrible atrocities during the latest formation of Israel, hundreds of thousands of people were murdered, and war has never been as rampant since they settled in the Middle East. The Christians and the Jews, two groups who have been used for people's ends to commit a large part of the crime and murder that their GOD has expressly forbidden. Most of today's Christians and Jews are complete hypocrites on a daily basis.

"The process by which Zionist Jews have been able to promote American support for the partition of Palestine demonstrates the vital need of a foreign policy based on national rather than partisan interests" - Kermit Roosevelt

The Zionists won a long time ago. Anyone that supports Israel in its current state, is as good as a murderer. Go turn on the news.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

While I'm fairly cautious about when I feel we should back up Israel, it's making me very uneasy how recently many Americans start opposing helping out Israel at all. While I understand not wanting to get involved ALL the time, leaving one of our allies out on their own when they are surrounded by nations who hate them and would love to see Israel be destroyed is simply wrong.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but it seems like America is leaning more and more to abandoning Israel and sitting back and watching as another Six Day War goes down.

posted on Oct, 16 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by EPH612

Please read the post located directly above yours.

If you are American and consider Israel an ally, it is very possible that you are misinformed and unaware of what has happened during the last 60 years.

Good luck on your fact finding mission.
edit on 16-10-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2012 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by jonnywhite

I don't understand what you don't like about it. This is standard fare. He's just putting it in writing that we'll assist our ally Israel if they should enter into a war with Iran. Why would we not do this? It's like you have a friend and your friend is being threatened by a bully and you ask your other friend "Hey, if our friend gets into a fight with the bully, lets pledge to help him, so he's not alone. Ok?" Put this way, it looks reasonable. In my view, there's nothing to worry about here.

You should already know we stand 100% behind Israel if the SHTF.

en.wikipedia.org - Israel–United States relations...
edit on 12-10-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

Don't know about you, but I don't help a friend who starts an unprovoked fight. I try to persuade the friend to stop itching for a fight in the first place, but I am not going to get involved in an unnecessary fight that he started.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join