It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Everyobody Pays The Price For Living In America...???

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by tovenar
If the Govt seized every penny from every millionaire, RIGHT NOW, it would only pay the US operating costs for the next six months or so. The few (the one percent?) are not so rich that they own everything. It's corporations that own the assets, and seizing their assets would shut the biggest ones down. Like GM, ExxonMobil, Boeing, etc. Millions would have no jobs. Of course, no one could buy all that property, either.

My ideal would be to create policies where they are taxed 90% on capital gains and income so, in order to protect their wealth, they would plow it into their business's and job growth instead of Wall Street and other scams.

This would create less people dependent on the government and as a consequence, a reduction in taxes.
The people dependent on government right now are the direct cause of the policies made by the criminal elite at the top.
Cutting the Offensive military down to defense only would also decrease taxes by a large sum.
Cutting Foreign Aid would also decrease it.

Maybe, but the trucks that bring shipments to your grocery store, and the utility trucks that keep electricity going to your house, couldn't get around fast enough to serve you.

Every time it rained and the roads turned to mud, there would be no groceries for a week.

Prior to the Globalist racket we find ourselves in, most business and grcoery stores were local, and less of the chains existed. Most of the dirt roads in my area have been paved over for their benefit. We adapted to the globalist model because of the criminal elite policies.

We can re-adapt again back to where we were before, because it worked then, and it can work again.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

My sisters neighbor was forced from her home a while back........she made a conscious effort to gut the place....stealing anything that could be salvaged...and in my area it could take 5 years to turn over a new owner..lol

The home was totally stripped

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

You complain about taxes acting like the Government is robbing you. I am sick of the ones who complain.

Really? This is pretty ignorant considering one of the freedoms we have here and a big reason for our constitution was for us to be able to complain about our government and change it.
Its not so much that i have a problem with paying taxes it is this stupid hipster idea that I should be forced to pay more just because I make more than the hipsters. The simpletons have vilified making money and being successful now.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

You choose where you live. When you purchase a piece of property you have agreed to the property taxes.

Look into states that don't have property taxes if that upsets you.

Bob

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Not use to checking with anyone before I throw a bitch. But complaining about taxes went out in the 90's anyway.
Don't even have a job so guess I don't have to file. These days taxes are the least of our worries in the face of all out war our own gov. is obviously waging on us.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77

You choose where you live. When you purchase a piece of property you have agreed to the property taxes.

Bob

No such state exists.

There are a handful of countries who do not yet have property taxation but in the past 5 years they have been dwindling in numbers. Soon none will be left.

There are unincorporated areas of various states that do not have property taxes but they are the playgrounds of the uber-rich and home prices are far beyond the means of the average person.

So if I were so rich taxes werent a concern then and only then could I afford to not pay any.
edit on 12-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity
Also if you ship stuff that is supposedly from an American company from Indonesia, Meaning you have an American Brand name on it and the company started in America but you started outsourcing your manufacturing to your overseas business in Indonesia, You should pay 60% Taxes on shipping it here to the US, that's what you need to pay because you're backing your product with "American" Craftsmanship and NOT delivering AMERICAN craftsmanship. And those items I have noticed have been the crappiest crap made nothing lasts anymore. When things were made here they were made right. And they lasted!!!

They do tax it, it is called tariffs. And tariffs can hurt the imposing country by raising prices for the consumer.

Also, America is still the number one manufacturer in the world, and beats China by 40%. The stuff that the US manufactures, tends to be chemicals, hitech, insecticides/pesticides, machinery, and science equipment. It all tends to be things that don't have "Made IN' on them.

If you don't want to pay for welfare, move to Delaware, there's also a couple more states that don't take state taxes out of earnings, because that's where welfare comes out of, state taxes not federal taxes so find the states like Delaware (YOU aint gonna like that pighole trust me). It's the new Detroit and soon to follow suit, see that's what happens when the selfish, egotistical, whiners win in this world. But keep on believing you all should get a free ride and tell us we are the ones with entitlement issues, You're just showing what idiots you truly are.

Welfare is a federal program. Not state. The feds provide a certain number of dollars for a certain number of requirements. But if your state is nice, they may expand the services out of their own pocket.

real class, just goes to show no matter how much money you have, that it doesn't buy class or charm...some people need to go enroll in charm school and economics 101 real fast.

If you don't know about tariffs, I think you need to enroll in your own course.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Everybody pays taxes to help with the infrastructure of our nation, to help care for the people who can't care for themself,

Um., the press has been playing a tape of Romney saying that 47% don't pay any net federal tax. No one has challenged that number. So, it sounds like not "everyone pays." Personally, I don't mind paying for folks who CAN'T help themselves; it's the folks who don't bother to help themselves that drive me nuts.

Plenty of people have disputed it. lol

Romney was playing to the ignorant masses who only hear the tax part and assume that he meant taxes, period. He was strictly referring to income tax. The 47% who don't pay income tax, still pay: payroll tax, property tax, ss, medicare,state taxes, local taxes, property taxes, etc. Think about it, if half the nation didn't pay taxes, we wouldn't have schools, roads, police departments, health inspectors, hospitals, etc.

Even the poorest 5% in this country, still paid 16% of their income into taxes.

What is even more moronic about his statement is that he was offending his own constituents. The states with the highest number of people who don't pay income tax are red states, they also receive the most welfare.

Part of the problem with US healthcare is that it ISN'T a free market system. Doctors can charger different customers different amounts, something that is inherently unfair and illegal in many industries. I got charged "full price" because I had insurance and had an income. The docs would have charged less if I had no insurance, in order to the Fed, with tax dollars to pay the bill.

That is one component, but not all of it. The other is that Americans pay more for medications. Why do you think it is cheaper in Canada? Because pharmaceuticals know that Americans can afford to subsidize their research for these medications. So Americans foot the bill for the research costs, when other countries don't.

Another component is the insistence to use the latest and greatest technology, and to test for things that are not needed. It is not always necessary to have the latest and greatest.
For example, I took my son to the ER once for a high fever from a raging ear infection. They wanted to run a cat scan on his lungs, "just in case".

The ultimate, non-political problem is that trying to work for a living is risky. You can get fired, or get sick, or have your business fail.
Yes, it is risky. As for getting fired, that depends if you live in a right to work state or not.

But going on welfare is guaranteed. There is less and less reason to try and find work, and keep it, when "someone else's money" is guaranteed for as long as you want to live in bad housing and put up with a gritty lifestyle---but that's ok for people who just want to do drugs all day anyway.

Bullcocky.No one lives a great life on welfare. There is also a five year, lifetime limit on cash assistance. Many people do work and still don't earn enough to not need food stamps.
The other problem people face is the cost of childcare. In my area, daycare is a whopping 350$ a week for one child.That alone is over $18,000 a year. So you can make $40,000 a year, and still barely bring home enough to get by.
So how is someone with limited education supposed to make $40,000 a year? Rent is $1200 for a one bedroom apartment. So for just one apartment and one child in daycare is $32,000.

Basically, our system punishes people who try, and provides a "safety net" for the ones who give up---all in the name of providing for those who say they cannot provide for themselves.

Bullcocky part deux. If it was so easy, 150 million Americans would note be working.
First off, you have to have children to receive cash assitance. And you only have a five year limit on that. You only receive medicaid if you are a pregnant, and have kids, or disabled.

Many people who receive food stamps are working, they are the working poor.

Welfare is a safety net. It is for urgent need. You can't just quit and get on welfare. You have to have very limited income, next to no money in the bank, no assests. Any income that you receive, even if it is 20 bucks from a friend,should be reported, and is added to your income for the month.

So no, it is not a cozy living as you like to think it is.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You have to file taxes whether you work or not.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Originally posted by Wildbob77

Bob

No such state exists.

There are a handful of countries who do not yet have property taxation but in the past 5 years they have been dwindling in numbers. Soon none will be left.

There are unincorporated areas of various states that do not have property taxes but they are the playgrounds of the uber-rich and home prices are far beyond the means of the average person.

So if I were so rich taxes werent a concern then and only then could I afford to not pay any.
edit on 12-10-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

Property taxes are paid by locality, not state. So yes, you are correct that there isn't a state without property tax, but it is collected by township, town, school district, county, etc.

These taxes are the most useful, you see immediately where your money goes. It would be one of the ones I would like more in that case.

But if you want local EMS, your garbage collected, your road paved and if it snows, to have it plowed, that is what your property tax is for.

So it is not directly about the property you own, but to maintain the areas around your property, or to save your house if it catches fire.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
The taxes that I do have a problem with is the double taxes, which is technically illegal.

If I do make enough to earn income tax, I pay tax on my income. But If I die and leave it to my son, he pays inheritance tax on it, after it has been taxed once already.

If I buy a car, I have to pay sales tax on it. If I give it to someone, they have to pay a gift tax. If I sell it, the new owner pays tax on it...again. So if a car is sold five times, it gets taxed twice.

So if I take my taxed income, and put it in a savings account, and make money off of the interest, the interest then gets taxed again, as income......

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I would love to move to Alberta.
You are not having a meltdown because it's so cold up there things rarely melt!(Joke. its a joke)
It just seems like a person would have a better chance to get ahead up there.

But of course living in Kaliforina, anyplace looks good.

Worst schools in the nation,
10 percent of US population 30% of the welfare cases in the nation.
Highest paid state workers
Highest sales tax, income tax, and car tax, Gas tax. and the bulk of it goes to the state workers pensions.

Aside from the weather, life sucks here.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

If the Govt seized every penny from every millionaire, RIGHT NOW, it would only pay the US operating costs for the next six months or so. The few (the one percent?) are not so rich that they own everything. It's corporations that own the assets, and seizing their assets would shut the biggest ones down. Like GM, ExxonMobil, Boeing, etc. Millions would have no jobs. Of course, no one could buy all that property, either.

My ideal would be to create policies where they are taxed 90% on capital gains and income so, in order to protect their wealth, they would plow it into their business's and job growth instead of Wall Street and other scams.

This would create less people dependent on the government and as a consequence, a reduction in taxes.
The people dependent on government right now are the direct cause of the policies made by the criminal elite at the top.
Cutting the Offensive military down to defense only would also decrease taxes by a large sum.
Cutting Foreign Aid would also decrease it.

Maybe, but the trucks that bring shipments to your grocery store, and the utility trucks that keep electricity going to your house, couldn't get around fast enough to serve you.

Every time it rained and the roads turned to mud, there would be no groceries for a week.

Prior to the Globalist racket we find ourselves in, most business and grcoery stores were local, and less of the chains existed. Most of the dirt roads in my area have been paved over for their benefit. We adapted to the globalist model because of the criminal elite policies.

We can re-adapt again back to where we were before, because it worked then, and it can work again.
edit on 12-10-2012 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

Uh, with all due respect, you don't know much about the economy. The reason why "capital gains" are taxed at a lower rate was to encourage people to do exactly what you say you want them to do: invest in business, factories, stores, new ideas, startup companies, equipment, improvement, and so forth.

How do I know that you don't have a clue?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kat2684

My sisters neighbor was forced from her home a while back........she made a conscious effort to gut the place....stealing anything that could be salvaged...and in my area it could take 5 years to turn over a new owner..lol

The home was totally stripped

Wow. What a scumbag.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Not use to checking with anyone before I throw a bitch. But complaining about taxes went out in the 90's anyway.
Don't even have a job so guess I don't have to file. These days taxes are the least of our worries in the face of all out war our own gov. is obviously waging on us.

AH, that explains a lot.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor

Funny thing, the US is the only country in the world that taxes based on citizenship rather than residence. So if I move to Singapore, the IRS still sends me a bill.

Partially correct. If you work and live in another country and are outside the US for 330 days over a 12 month period, the first $91.5K (last i knew) you earn is tax free. It usually goes up yearly. Anything over that you'll pay tax on. See IRS Pub 54 (Overseas Tax Exemption).

I did it for 8 years.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 01:36 PM
link   
won't be long before you are all "whining" so have some empathy as your fellow Americans are having a tough time. If everything in your world is dandy, then feel lucky, you are definitely an exception. and as far as taxes go, watch "freedom to facism" for some facts. if you really believe your tax money is going to help infrastructure, then id ask your local representatives how they are spending it as most cities are falling apart.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

But if you want local EMS, your garbage collected, your road paved and if it snows, to have it plowed, that is what your property tax is for.

So it is not directly about the property you own, but to maintain the areas around your property, or to save your house if it catches fire.

This may shock you but I receive none of those services. My dirt road has to be cleared by me when it snows. I take my trash to the transfer station. I am outside of EMS/Fire coverage radius. There's one resident state trooper around here somewhere that nobody sees.

Property taxes here are pooled into the so-called "general fund". In municipalities with lotteries and other scams this is how they can bilk the taxpayers to fund whatever pet projects they want funded without actually having to answer for anything.

So my home, which I've worked and saved for for decades, is under perpetual threat of confiscation to fund nothing I benefit from.

Does that sound fair to you? You like that arrangement?

Of course there are others inside the town limit, which I refer to as the dependence line, who directly benefit from the things that are funded by my extortion. So I guess your answer to that may be I should move into the dependence zone to feel like this robbery is somehow benefiting me?

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

You have to file taxes whether you work or not.

Oh really ?

edit on 12-10-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NavyDoc

AH, that explains a lot.

For instance ? I can't wait to read this.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join