It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing Child Jessica Ridgeway

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by UziLiberman

I was in agreement with everything you said until your very last sentence when you said "the little girl is in a better place now, away from all of this, i am happy for her". First off, how can you be happy for her?? Your obviously reflecting on your own personal hardships when you say this. She left this world in a way we cannot even fathom, I'm quite sure this ten year old child wanted to live and most likely loved life as most ten year olds do. I'm sorry that you have had personal issues that make you feel this way….it's obviously non of my business but speaking from my own experiences of a hard knock life...whatever happened in your life try to forgive yourself and/or others. If you feel you cannot do this confess your feelings to someone, a friend or anyone you trust. It's a way of literally letting go and moving on. On the other hand if you feel you deserve to be judged then you can arrange for that too. Ultimately it's in your hands and it's ultimately you that has complete power over yourself, no one else does. Good luck and take care.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitrunners67

i wrote those words knowing well someone would fail to understand them and give me a moral speech.
still i chose to write them and i stand by them.

why can't i say i'm happy for the little girl?
what difference does it make to say i'm sad?
is it going to bring her back?
and what do you know about me or anyone else but yourself to speculate about my personal hardships or lack of them?

i'm not cold or cruel, i choose to be happy for the little girl because it's a positive feeling, why am i gonna add a negative feeling like sadness to an already negative situation?

also i'm not shy, nor do i hold any fear or taboo about death or dying, last time i checked nobody/nothing escapes it eventually. and it's not my place to say anything negative about how and when i or others go away from this existence.

i'm here to live and celebrate life and celebrate death as death is just a part of life too, sadly this girl is no longer among us, but i repeat I AM HAPPY FOR JESSICA RIDGEWAY.

any other feeling about it is an useless emotion.
welcome to ats, but please next time debate about the message and not about the messenger.

eta: there's over 7billions of us and growing, people are dying at every moment for natural or unnatural reasons, i'm not a hypocrite, if i'm gonna be sad about ONE death i have to be sad for ALL deaths... is that the life i want to live? nope

so if i feel happy for the people who died, not feel happy because they died and that's where you totally twisted the meaning of my words, i feel i'm living a much more positive life.

it´s my life, worry about yours.
and don't ever call me into question for not following the status quo who says we have to feel awkward about death dying, better yet let's not even adress it at all.

when i die, for whatever reason, i don't want people feeling sad, why would i want those who care about me sad?
or anyone else for that matter...

edit on 13-10-2012 by UziLiberman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   

We're not talking about just a death…we are talking about a murder. That is the point of me saying how could you be happy for Jessica. Of course it's your choice to feel what you want. As it is mine. A regular death would warrant a healthy reaction such as yours but this wasn't a usual death as we have all recently discovered. By the way my words weren't meant to insult, judge or discriminate you. As I said, I don't know you. I was going by the tone of your post. They were meant to help if it was needed at all. That's the sad state of this world, not everyones out to put down or "one up" everyone else. Sometimes people are just trying to be kind or helpful. I'm not new to ATS, I had issues with my account so I needed to open a new one but thanks for the welcome….I mean that honestly, not sarcastically.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Man you're tryin' to get way too deep/stupid.

A little girls life was TAKEN... I hear what you're saying and that's great and all that you're such a positive person, but being murdered on the way to school does not constitute positivity at all.

there's a time and place for that kinda thought.

With the logic you use, if your mother was chopped into 100 pieces you'd react by saying "hey, she's in a great place now woo".

RIP.
edit on 13-10-2012 by tripdeuces because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tripdeuces

and where did i state such a thing was positive?

i'm not downplaying the issue, but do you really think that's the worst way to go out these days? for all i know children are dying daily on their way to school in gaza, iraq, afghanistan, etc... or wait do they even have schools? i could go on....
but let's not feed negativity.
let's be rational instead, these days a death matters if it's on the news, if it's not it's merely a statistic.

anyway, my opinion is my opinion, it's not a religion and i'm not trying to convert anyone.
i don't need anyone agreeing with me, but please respect it.

and now i respectfully bow out of this thread, no need to reply to me further as i wont either.
have a nice day

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
may this poor, innocent baby girl rest in peace. And may the scum that took her from this world be found and put down like the filthy animal they are.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'd like to thank everyone who flagged this thread and got it to the top of the homepage. Thank you for trying to help get her picture and information out there to as many people as we could.

Jessica's death was a needless tragedy. To the end I held out some hope, even though some of you think it was silly to do so. Words cannot even cover how awful this is and unfortunately it happens way too often. My heart just breaks to think what she may have gone through. No one, especially a child, should have to go through the things she probably went through.

Thank you to all the people who offered advice on keeping children safe. I hope it has given a parent on here the urge to speak to their children about strangers.

I don't have children yet, and some of the rest of you don't either. I urge people to keep an eye on kids in your neighborhood. If kids are out playing with no supervision, look out your window every now and then. If you see something suspicious go out and make sure everything is okay. Don't hold the idea that they aren't your children and therefore not your responsibility. It takes a village, right? This is just my opinion though. I live very close to a school and a park. Children are outside of my house playing or walking to and from school all the time.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I am beyond sad they found Jessica this way. To be so horribly traumatized that it takes DAYS to make identity. How her parents cope with this, I pray I never have to discover. Nor a single soul that reads my words.

There are many positive and negative spins that could be out on this. Everyone responds differently to death. Plz, be nasty somewhere else.

My rhetorical question stands: who does this to young person? (mini digression: no one does this on a whim, or without much practise, it is not the first heart beat this person stilled)

I feel for the person that broke the news to the parents. What pain for that person too.

Rest, Baby. Be at Peace.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by restlessinMT
I posted previously on this thread about an 11 year old girl near my area who got abducted and raped but some how got let go!!! She made it but Jessica did not! FBI have stated they do not think the two are related even though the girl in Cody WY was abducted days after Jessica. Colorado to Wyoming is pretty quick and easy. How do they know?

Thank you for clearing that up. The last I had heard was that they were looking into it. I found an article here that speaks to that:

On Thursday the Federal Bureau of Investigation announced that the case of a child abduction in Cody, Wyo., is not related to Jessica's disappearance.

Just wanted to a report in here that it was the official stance.

Also, can we please keep this thread on topic and not let it devolve into bickering about our view of the afterlife?

The truth of the matter is that we cannot help this poor little girl now, but there is still a very evil person out there that is very capable of doing this to another child. I believe our efforts should be turned to identifying anything about this guy and getting the info out to those that are following on here. It may just save another child from having to endure what little Jessica had to .

~OkieDokie

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
This story, and its tragic ending, breaks my heart. I've got my little daughter downstairs playing, after I type this note I'm giving her the biggest hug then heading off the playground with her.

RIP Jessica.

Edit: As for justice, I hope the monster who did this to her is burned alive.
edit on 13-10-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by UziLiberman
reply to post by MaMaa

also, as righteous as it may sound... why are you wishing death on the killer? how is that making you any better than him/her?

i don't wish death on nobody, regardless of the facts involved.
anybody who commits such an act should live to deal with the repercussions coming from that action.

that's far worse than dying, and trust me i know because i have been there.

death gives you the freedom to feel nothing at all.
and by nothing i mean nothing filled with everything, similar to the buddhist concept.

I see these thoughts repeated a lot in discussions like these. As for my own position, let me make it perfectly clear I want to see death for the perps not as a matter of punishment, but as a simple pragmatic solution to removing dangerous people from existence so that they can never repeat such a crime ever again, lest a failure in their incarceration cause them to walk free among good and decent people again.

I agree a worse punishment would be for a perpetrator to feel remorse and understands the full weight of their crime and have to feel that the rest of their lives. But at this point we are talking of a crime so heinous, so inhumane, so vicious and evil that we can not take a chance that such a person could escape confinement and endanger another person. I've read enough about repeat offenders. I do not even understand how someone who was convicted of the savage crimes these offenders are guilty of originally could ever be released to become a repeat offender and ruin more lives. So it goes beyond a matter of punishment to one of doing what it takes to make society less burdened by one more of these apparently incurably dangerous people.

And can you really not see a difference between the people who take a child from her loving family, savagely torture and murder her and destroy her life as well as that of her family and those of us who want to see such a person removed from existence? Granted, many have expressed a wish to see the perp suffer a gruesome end. That perhaps is not healthy a thing to wish for. But I don't see how a quick administration of capital punishment is any different from putting down animals that maul people. Some people are so inhumane in what they do that they forfeit their humanity and act less than animals. They are a danger and can we really afford to tolerate them restricting our lives and liberties anymore? When kids can't even walk three blocks without this happening to them, something tells me we have let too much evil run rampant and it's time to rein it in.

P.S. sociopaths are incapable of feeling remorse. By their nature, it's impossible to punish them. They are an aberration that can not be effectively dealt with by conventional means in the way we normally think of crime and punishment.

Also, if you are living with remorse, as you say, you are not a sociopath. There is redemption in the view of most major religions and faiths and secular philosophies and a chance to turn your life around and contribute before time ends for you as it does for us all.

I think most of us are just sick and afraid of the constant cost and risk to society as a whole of trying to separate the sociopaths from the rest of the criminals. Sometimes there is no apparent difference evidenced in the nature of the crimes they commit. We the people want to take our lives, our freedoms, our futures and our streets back from the predators.
edit on 13-10-2012 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
When they find this worthless piece of human excrement, I do not wish him death, but what I do wish for him is that he is transferred to a maximum security prison in the Detroit area, and released in general population.

My heart and prayers go out to the family.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

ok. where's the conspiracy?

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Ok I admit I haven't read every single post of this thread but can I say RIP to this little girl and point out that over here in the UK we have a 5 yr old missing and a man arrested for her murder and hiding her body.

According to reports earlier today the search for her was due to be called off, PLEASE let them find her!

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I bet that Jessica's parents don't feel that their little girl is in a better place today. They would rather her be home, seeing her face again, listening to her talk, watching her play, and watching her grow. I don't like it when people tell me that so and so is in a better place when they have died. No, I'd rather have them here in this place. I don't know if they are in a better place, that's just religious talk.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Aninonymous

Most likely a random event, but it is used for communication. The facts of any news story can be manipulated to match an archetype, and the distribution of the story can be manipulated on a timeline for presentation of signals.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by XXX777

Then that belongs in the OP.

All I see is a news story, with no other angle, on a conspiracy sight.

I've seen a bunch a of missing posters around town where I live.
Should I make a few new threads?

I don't come to ATS to see reposted news I can find on any of the MSM channels, unless the OP offers an alternative take.

This is a sad event that, unfortunately, happens way too often. I could have gone today without reading any of this. None of it has changed, or even attempted to challenge, my viewpoint on the current state of affairs in America today.

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Let me tell the world something important:

Us mothers---especially those who have daughters-- are sick and tired of our daughters being hunted like prey. What happened to Jessica, as we all know, is not an isolated incident. Every month, it seems, another girl goes missing, and is found raped and murdered (if found at all) and in my opinion this is a national disgrace and deserves daily national attention.

The fact that we cannot let our daughters out of our site--to walk two blocks to school!--is an impingement on their right to liberty and happiness. And what is being done?

There should be a national campaign! A national campaign that helps this country come to terms with the fact that this is an EPIDEMIC. And as such, girls need to be trained to NEVER walk alone---not at all anymore. And we have to get on television and in other media outlets EVERYDAY and let these predators know that as a country, we are going to be ever vigilant at watching, identifying and locking up these scumbags.

This sort of problem in our country should be a NATIONAL PRIORITY. How a country treats its children is a very good read on the morality of that country. Every month, another missing or murdered girl is paraded across our television screen and within a week, we forget about it-----until the next murder, that is.

I'M SICK OF IT.

With three daughters, I am constantly concerned for their safety.

And I'm tired of the cavalier attitude this country takes about it. "Oh well, another missing girl."

We have found our nation's daughter's dismembered, buried in shallow graves in neighbor's yards, found in the woods and creeks or not found at all. Would you like a list of names of murdered girls within JUST the last year?

What are we going to do about it?

HOW MANY IS TOO MANY?
edit on 13-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-10-2012 by MRuss because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Her body was found.
Police identify remains as missing Colorado girl, as manhunt for kidnapper heats up

Read more: www.foxnews.com...?test=latestnews#ixz z29DlO1x9i

posted on Oct, 13 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aninonymous
reply to post by XXX777

Then that belongs in the OP.

All I see is a news story, with no other angle, on a conspiracy sight.

I've seen a bunch a of missing posters around town where I live.
Should I make a few new threads?

I don't come to ATS to see reposted news I can find on any of the MSM channels, unless the OP offers an alternative take.

This is a sad event that, unfortunately, happens way too often. I could have gone today without reading any of this. None of it has changed, or even attempted to challenge, my viewpoint on the current state of affairs in America today.

The description for this forum says it "is for the discussion of contemporary world events, with a general focus on conspiracies and/or cover-ups that may not easily fit into other topical forums." To me, a general focus does not necessarily mean it is the only focus of the forum.

And actually, a few members have put a conspiracy spin on the main story if you read through the whole thread.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join