It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dr. Eben Alexander's Skull & Bones Family Ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I posted on the other thread related to Dr. Eben Alexander's claims, but I felt this info was getting buried and this wasn't directly related to the conversations being had on that thread.
If this needs to be moved or whatnot, I understand.

Here's what I've found. I know Wikipedia isn't the best of sources, but this Dr. Eben Alexander has a very interesting pedigree, if this genealogy holds true. He appears to be part of the upper crust more than I already thought.

Dr. Alexander's Skull & Bones Family Ties

This could well be a coincidence, but I found it interesting given the attention this is getting in Newsweek etc.
Dr. Alexander's Great Grandfather (not sure how many generations removed) was part of the power elite and a member of Skull & Bones.

Noteworthy excerpts from above linked info:

"Eben Alexander (March 9, 1851 – March 11, 1910) was an American scholar, educator, dean and ambassador born in Knoxville. Alexander attended the University of Tennessee (then known as East Tennessee University) for two years, entered Yale in 1869, and graduated from Yale in 1873 with an A.B. He was initiated into Yale's Skull and Bones in 1873."

"In 1893 President Grover Cleveland appointed him "Envoy Extraordinary, Minister Plenipotentiary, and Consul General to Greece, Roumania, and Servia" [sic]. As ambassador to Greece, he helped in the revival of the Olympic Games, making the first cash contribution to the organizing committee, encouraging the participation of American athletes, and with his wife hosting numerous social events during the period of the games, which ran from April 6 to April 15, 1896."

"In 1905 Alexander was inducted into the Order of the Golden Fleece, an honor society at the University of North Carolina that was modeled on Yale's Skull and Bones."

"Eben Alexander III is also a neurosurgeon and an associate professor at Harvard Medical School."

Again, I thought I'd separate this info out from the other thread which was more to debate the main aspects of his claim.

edit on 9-10-2012 by gusmonkey because: Spelling errors

edit on 9-10-2012 by gusmonkey because: Spelling errors 2

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by gusmonkey

If the link doesn't go right there. The info on Dr. Eben Alexander is on Google Books page 114.
More Info- Eben Alexander

And here's a link to his biography on the University of North Carolina.
UNC Bio

Finally, here's a link to his grandson saying something about him. As noted in other articles Dr. Alexander helped organize the first Olympic Games.

Harvard Magazine - Dr. Alexander
"My grandfather, Eben Alexander (b.a. Yale, 1873), a classical scholar and professor at the University of North Carolina, was appointed ambassador to Greece by Grover Cleveland and had an intimate part in organizing the first Olympic Games and getting the Americans on board. In his penultimate paragraph, Shaw says that Alexander gave Colt .45s to the Olympians when they arrived. This seems a little unlikely, but is something we certainly can't question at this time.

When one reads in other publications about how poorly the British and various other nations were prepared for the Olympics-not quite understanding what it was all about-the Harvard participation was particularly impressive."

Eben Alexander Jr., M.D. '39
Winston-Salem, N.C.

edit on 9-10-2012 by gusmonkey because: More links added

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by gusmonkey
reply to post by gusmonkey

Finally, here's a link to his grandson saying something about him. As noted in other articles Dr. Alexander helped organize the first Olympic Games.

Harvard Magazine - Dr. Alexander
"My grandfather, Eben Alexander (b.a. Yale, 1873), a classical scholar and professor at the University of North Carolina, was appointed ambassador to Greece by Grover Cleveland and had an intimate part in organizing the first Olympic Games and getting the Americans on board. In his penultimate paragraph, Shaw says that Alexander gave Colt .45s to the Olympians when they arrived. This seems a little unlikely, but is something we certainly can't question at this time.

When one reads in other publications about how poorly the British and various other nations were prepared for the Olympics-not quite understanding what it was all about-the Harvard participation was particularly impressive."

Eben Alexander Jr., M.D. '39
Winston-Salem, N.C.

Not quite sure how to parse this out. Eben Alexander, Jr. is Eben Alexander, III's father. The guy we're talking about (number 3) was born in the 50's. He has a son that is Eben Alexander, IV, who is (or was) also studying neuroscience.

So what is the issue? Does his association with Skull & Bones suddenly point to a great conspiracy about NDEs?

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

Yeah, I'm not really sure. I just thought that it was quite something to see that he has quite the lineage. A pedigree most of us don't share that directly.

I know it's hard to sound rational when it comes to these kinds of ideas, but I wonder if there could be something to this. I guess it could be coincidence. He could be telling the truth in his claims, mistaken, or he could be lying to make a buck. (Not that he needs money)

I don't know? We'll have to see how far this story goes, if it has legs or is propagandized. I mean, what if it's part of, or used in some way to usher in some new age NWO movement?
Power structures love religions and such for gathering the herd together. They also like divide and conquer.
Again, who knows anymore haha

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Dr. Alexander's testimony was brief pre-book but I have taught on theology and philosophy, including New Age religion and some of his testimony reveals some things that indicate a New Age bent to what his book will discuss. When he mentions ( I believe the words were shimmering images or beings etc he also mentions they were all tied with a line etc that went down to earth. In the New Age this place is where people who astral travel go. There are also deceased souls as well as spirit/angels which the New Age describes as some of these angels are good and some are not.

The lines tying them are known as silver lines and they are what ties a person's astrally projected soul to their body on earth. They use these linesor cords to get back to their bodies. However Dr. Alexander describes this place as heaven but the New Age does not indicate this is actually heaven. Dr. Alexander may feel it was heaven because it was so other-worldly but his terminology is in line with New Age terminology. He may have been where people astrally project....

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Elsha

Hey, thanks for the comment and info. Very interesting stuff, indeed. I've never gotten too far into astral projection, but I may start delving into that area.

I don't watch the news, but I'd be curious to see how this plays out going forward. I've checked around online and it seems that the standard sites and blogs have reported on it, in addition to Newsweek. Although, Newsweek is the second largest news weekly magazine in the U.S. behind Time magazine.

Maybe this is what it is, he had an experience and his family's past ties to Skull & Bones/elite circles are merely coincidental. Although, who better than Dr. Alexander to spread a message like this if the ruling class desire something like this or a new movement of some kind. Maybe something utilized to quell rebellious attitudes if the economy and things keep on as they are? A behavior modifier for the masses? Or at least used as one regardless of anyone being in cahoots. If we get more events like this from respected individuals then maybe we have something.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I see where you are going with this concept and frankly I tend to agree or at least have no problem with Alexander being a disinformation agent of the most supreme kind.

NDE my arse.

posted on Oct, 12 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eveshi

Yeah, I mean, I could be wrong, but I found it an odd coincidence that someone as impressively learned and with a pedigree such as his would be having this experience and sharing this story. As soon as I saw Skull & Bones and how connected his family seemed, or may seem to be, it definitely made me pause. I know I'll be keeping tabs to see if it goes anywhere beyond Newsweek and such.

new topics

top topics

join