It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Curiosity rover detects bright object on surface of Mars...

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If you look very closely at the upper right corner of the scoop. It has fallen off and fallen to the ground just below...The scoop looks chipped to me..Just a thought..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
If you look very closely at the upper right corner of the scoop. It has fallen off and fallen to the ground just below...The scoop looks chipped to me..Just a thought..peace,sugarcookie1

It does look that way from a distance, but up close you can see that the dirt on the scoop is making it look that way (such as the image in this earlier post by Phage):

Originally posted by Phage

Originally posted by dcmb1409

Anyone notice the scoop has what appears to be a chipped edge.

No.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ScientificUAPer

You know personal attacks make you appear to be more emotional than logical no matter how many stars you have.

How about trying to appear intelligent please than being aggressive? Have you watched the embed video or are you just ranting? If you have watched the video then how about answering some of the questions raised or problems the video raised. One question I really like to have answered is why the "+" signs on wrong side of objects photographed? Why the many shadow directions when there was only one light source? These are NASA images so how can be with so many mistakes or are you suggesting then someone has photoshopped those?

To be fair I honestly don't know if we have been to the moon or not as I have seen many films suggesting otherwise which they go overboard explaining the problems in a logical manner. Why is NASA not helping by ignoring those questions. In one movie the film maker was in NASA museum and given the run of the place but when he asked to use their cherry picker to be able to measure the door way or hatch where the astronauts moved into the Lunar Module to see if it was really possible for a fully suited man to have squeezed through. That was when the Museum Director stopped being helpful and refused. Now my question is simple if there was nothing to hide then why did the director go from being helpful to total refusal and leave the room? Why from the embed video those question posed to NASA gone unanswered? Surely the taxpayer has a right to know the answers as we paid for this trip or hoax, simple done dusted and finished!

Now I would appreciate not being attacked but would like your answers as you are clearly a believer that we have been to the moon. Help me by giving me logic so I can believe too!

Edited to add the video name that I was referring to that asked the same questions as the embedded video the poster you attacked and more damning questions. "Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M. Collier) (1997)"
edit on 10/11/2012 by IceHappy because: edited to add movie title Was It Only a Paper Moon (Apollo hoax) (James M. Collier) (1997)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I just read what the op posted not all the replies so i didn't see what Phage posted.. But it still doesn't make him 100% right..peace,sugarcookie

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
I just read what the op posted not all the replies so i didn't see what Phage posted.. But it still doesn't make him 100% right..peace,sugarcookie

Hmmm. But the close-up photo shows that the thing that looks like a chip in the scoop on the farther-away images is shown NOT to really be a chip when seen close up.

With that in mind, what is your evidence that the scoop IS chipped?

edit on 10/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I don't have any evidence that its chipped even at that angle it still looks to me like its hallowed out in that area or maybe its the lighting if its not that it still looks man made to me the object on the ground..But hey i could be wrong
peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee
That is the interesting thing to me. I see detail, small things, but unlike the same type of photo I take at home, their is a fuzzy quality so that if you enlarge any object it is unseeable.

The images from that camera have all that strange look, as if the lens is not correctly adjusted. I don't know if that's a problem with the camera or if it's supposed to be like that (I doubt it).

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Why do we have photos here on ATS where member has found that the picture is clearly make up of rocks that are repeated in different areas of the photos.

Are you talking about the panoramas? Those are made with several photos and some repetition of the joining parts of the photos is common.

Clearly we are often given faked stuff from Nasa the proof is overwhelming!

Some proof of that would be nice.

Also how do you KNOW it was not released by someone who wants to let the public in and is being now handled by someone else?

I find that a very silly excuse.

If NASA is filtering what reaches the public, do you think that it's just one person doing it? That doesn't even happen in small companies, much less in larger organisations. Even if one of the persons that first look at the photos (I suppose those would be the scientists and technicians working on the team), do you think that only one person is responsible for what is and what is not published? And after that stage, do you think that the photos would be published without a second (or third) check?

That would only happen if they weren't worried about something leaking out, if they are they surely have several filtering layers.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Why do we have photos here on ATS where member has found that the picture is clearly make up of rocks that are repeated in different areas of the photos. Clearly we are often given faked stuff from Nasa the proof is overwhelming!

This has been discussed to death on that other thread. The reason for the repetition is that the panorama in questions was a mosaic made from over 100 smaller photos, all stitched together. It is at these stitched areas that there are bound to be some places where the stitching isn't perfect, due to parallax and perspective.

However, all of the 100+ images used to make the panorama are freely available, and one can see that NONE of those images have areas of "repeated rocks" on them.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
omg its a rock runnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn the rocks are taking over

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMindTrek
In my opinion rocks can take very strange forms, especially with periodic dust storms. Though to me, it looks like a seahorse or a more amphibian based life form that's closely related to the fish family. This is strictly keeping in mind that these are carbon based life forms. Silicon, Hydrogen, etc. based life forms are not that farfetched.

yes like this "rock"

Part of this photo full of weird stuff that looks like ruined and rotting equipment and in the bottom middle like fossil beds.
www.nasa.gov...

I think we should keep in mind things we know, like that humans have grown tin in times of stress as found in the Hobbits. This happened very quickly when resources were low to all creatures on the islands where they were found.
The rover showed us that a short scoop under the surface is frost. We should keep an eye out for paths that could mean living creatures passing back and forth or under rocks such as burrows.

We need to keep an open mind that a life form may not look like what we are used to, they could even be disguised as rocks in such a rocky area. there could be intelligent life still underground and growing foods or even live off sunlight like the odd Jelly Fish that went from food eating to photosynthesis after being locked into a salt water lake cut off from the sea. The possibilities for life are endless and life seems to always find a way!

The past of this planet is not even known yet, why do we believe that Mars could not have had a past teaming with life and maybe cities and machines and all.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
reply to post by crawdad1914

They did. I downloaded a pic and put it here. The "anomaly" is a tiny little speck in the bottom middle of the pic...hard to see.

it is strange how different it looks in this picture then the other one.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

yes like this "rock"

That looks like three different rocks.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

it is strange how different it looks in this picture then the other one.

That's one of the reasons I think it's plastic, looking at the three photos that show the object we can see characteristics of plastic in all of them, mostly the reflectivity and translucency.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Come on folks, the condom joke has played out.
Please keep it on topic.

Sorry Blaine, I know I'm one of the culprits here... But you agree that it's hard to resist...

One the other hand, try to move a distance away from this discussion... I think that calling it a "shrimp" is just as silly.

There are Land shrimp on earth and Sand Fleas, I would think a similar creature on mars may have major differences from environment even if similar. If it were say Cricket like, it may not have the huge hoppy legs with differences in atmosphere and gravity.

I personally think it is way more foolish to think there is NO life on Mars then those who think there are, we have life forms that secrete acid strong enough to instantly melt stone and live off rock. we have creature that live on the hot sulfur vents and I feel it is nonsense to think there is NO water on Mars left.

BTW I am not saying this IS an insect, it could well be off the Curiosity, but it is good to keep and open mind and not assume something is not possible.
edit on 11-10-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahatche
I don't get why the idea of NASA lying about life on mars is so popular here. If NASA found evidence for life on mars that would be a lot of enthusiasm for their projects, and with that enthusiasm means more money to fund those projects. For the scientists involved it's also their spot in the history books for a moment that changes everything we thought we knew about the universe.

If NASA wants to hide the truth of life on mars, they could simply keep the images from the public and we'd never know. There is no need for them to show them, tell us "this is unusual" then try to cover it up. that makes no sense.

One other reason if there were left behind tech on Mars from past intelligence it would be something the military would want under wraps.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by unb3k44n7
It's a vauge image. But what got me was the suction-like "mouth" the object appeared to have. Pretty sure parts of the rover, at any given time, would not be mistaken to sport that feature.

That round suction "mouth" part could have been around a small wire.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

Why do we have photos here on ATS where member has found that the picture is clearly make up of rocks that are repeated in different areas of the photos.

Are you talking about the panoramas? Those are made with several photos and some repetition of the joining parts of the photos is common.

Clearly we are often given faked stuff from Nasa the proof is overwhelming!

Some proof of that would be nice.

Also how do you KNOW it was not released by someone who wants to let the public in and is being now handled by someone else?

I find that a very silly excuse.

If NASA is filtering what reaches the public, do you think that it's just one person doing it? That doesn't even happen in small companies, much less in larger organisations. Even if one of the persons that first look at the photos (I suppose those would be the scientists and technicians working on the team), do you think that only one person is responsible for what is and what is not published? And after that stage, do you think that the photos would be published without a second (or third) check?

That would only happen if they weren't worried about something leaking out, if they are they surely have several filtering layers.

The photos in the thread i was speaking of had copy anomalies throughout and I am sorry idon't have that thread, was hoping the maker would speak up.

No I was not saying ONE person was doing it, just that one person went ahead and let this go out...and the mistake is now being "handled".

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

yes like this "rock"

That looks like three different rocks.

Could be, we use the "looks like" thing a lot.

Looks like a part of a large piece of equipment also. Having had an earthmoving business for over 20 years i have seen a lot of equipment and parts all over the place.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Actually, it makes perfect sense my friend. Finding life or any Alien object would shatter the control that the masters of puppets have on the brainwashed foolish mortals who still believe in some 2000 year old fairy tale, which = keeps large populations of various sheople nations that they rule at bay and still easily herded. It's also about preventing global panic, which threatens their chain of power just as well.

Listen, We have Black Space Projects, that is a fact. I know that you mean well my friend, but all one has to do is continue to be open minded about these subjects. Best wishes. ~$heopleNation

Sure covering up aliens makes sense, but the point I was making, is if they really wanted to cover up the truth of this picture, they would simply have to keep this image from public, and never release it. That makes much more sense than releasing it, publicly announcing "we may have something unusual" then coming up with a cover story. Keeping it from us all together is a much more secure way of making sure it never get's out.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join