It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Car leaking oil?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You can have a car run forever if you keep the oil up ...even if it is leaking from the upper part of your engine.

But remember the oil leaking can destroy other things espescially starter motors which are not cheap to replace.

Regularly wash the oil off at a wash station when engine has cooled down a bit.

Don't stress tooo much unless you are going thru a litre of oil a day.
All cars leak oil when they get old.
Just ensure your car isnt going to catch fire...that is a big problem.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

While I'm no mechanic, I've had to replace the valve cover gasket(s) on a couple of cars over the years, and that looks like it's likely the valve cover gasket. Inexpensive part and (normally) easy to change. It's hard to tell for sure from a pic, but what it looks like to me as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
changing a fuel filter is a waste of money. looks like your valve cover gasket is worn down....easy fix. if you do it yourself its like $3.00. the leak does look bad though..

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
I've driven cars around that leaked oil from different areas and smoked for years. Just keep adding oil. You could try tightening the valve cover bolts a little. If the pcv valve is blocked it can build up pressure sometimes and also cause leaking.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:53 AM
link   

edit on 3-6-2013 by alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
1- Don't ignoring this flaw, check your oil container, is it too full?
2- Make sure there is no damaged in the container.
3- I have to say, you need to have a Maintenance or checking process for it.

posted on Oct, 17 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   

thePharaoh
the problem with leaking oil is that you have to take half of the engine apart!!
been there dude....look change the filter, make sure its attached "snugly"....it shouldnt take long. if it carries on leaking take it in,,,no choice trust me....but in your case, its pretty simple you can see where its leaking clearly.

just guessing here...its blocked, change the part...lol

peace

to add...what you want to rule out..is if its cracked!!
edit on 8-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

you dont have to take the engine apart for a valve cover gasket. you're thinking head gasket.

to the op, its the valve cover gasket dude. its leaking down and hitting the exhaust manifold. most all cars need valve cover gaskets at some point. no big deal.

i like all the advice on the extras though... hahaha
sounds like they work on commission at a shop. change the pcv also. looks like your radiator hose is about to blow, change that too. hahahaah

dude, change your valve cover gasket and be done with it.
if youre gonna change the pcv valve then you might as well change the air filter. prob do the fuel filter if youre gonna go that far.
if you change the upper hose you might as well splurge and do the lower hose too.
hell lets get crazy and do a tranny flush too.
haha

just changee your valve cover gasket and hit the road.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join