It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason Obama lost the debate. Simply put.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
All I've seen today is post after post of why Obama lost with a lot of questions and answers as to why... many of them hilarious...
Al Gore "He only was in that elevation for 2 hours" blah blah blah

The reason(s) are simple

1.) The media hasn't asked him any real questions since his presidency except on very rare occasions. They just spew talking points and try to help him look good. This didn't happen at the debate and after almost 4 years he expected softball questions.

2.) He didn't have his teleprompter. He has been using this for his entire presidency. People thought he was the greatest speaker alive and his debating skills were on a god-like level when he burst onto the stage. While that may or may not have been true, after 4 years using a teleprompter instead of his brain, he is rusty. As I said in a previous post... Remember what happened when Jordan retired and came back? That's what happened here.

3.) People are sick of hearing the same excuses. The same lies. The same nonsense that he ran on during his first election. They're not falling for his false hope anymore. When Romney came with his solutions to the problems all Obama could do was blame it on Bush and call Romney a liar. Even when Romney said to his face "I don't know where you're getting your numbers from but that's not from me", or something to that nature, Obama repeated it 4 or 5 more times. We're not falling for it anymore, Mr. Obama.

It's not hard to understand why he lost the debate. Americans are tired. We're tired of not having work. We're tired of rising gas prices. Rising food prices. Rising healthcare. Rising education. Liberalism doesn't work. People are finally coming out of that deep slumber... and Obama is in serious trouble.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Personally, I do not much care why he lost the debates. All of your points may be valid and could have some real merit. The fact that this and all of the other debate related threads as well will be all over the ATS boards for the next month until the election bothers me. Who cares why he lost? I do not like him and just that he didn't do well in the debates is good enough for me.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

This was one of the all time classics

Did Gore actually expect people to think Romney was at a different altitude ?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'll disagree with the ops last sentence. Obama will do just fine whether he stays President or retires. He is rich. He won over a million with his Nobel Peace prize I believe. It is the country that is in serious trouble. When this country was losing jobs left and right he didn't try to save jobs, he spent all his effort on health care reform promising no tax increases on the middle class and that we wouldn't lose employer sponsored health insurance. Everyone I know has had their health insurance premiums skyrocket to pay for this. It's a large hidden tax or a large cost increase. Bernanke printing money has devalued the dollar making gas prices skyrocket to combat deflation. I liked it better when gas cost less than $2 a gallon and food was a lot less expensive as well. I believe Bernanke is strongly influenced by the President.

I've read many companies plan on dropping health insurance and will let employees get the cheaper government plan. After a while, I believe most employer health insurance will die because they will claim they need to drop it to stay competitive. The people still working will be left with rationed government care. Obama will do just fine. He is rich and can afford $8 a gallon gas or a $50,000 electric car. It is the country that is in serious trouble.
edit on 4/10/12 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
#3 has nothing to do with the debates....

The debate was a sham from both. Romney won...I agree...but nothing positive came of it.

Since I'm not supporting either of these losers....I'll share some fun...on the behalf of those that disagree with the "two party" plot

This is what your "two party" system has done...

edit on 10/4/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
I really think the reason Obama lost the debate falls back on Bush. If Bush had left a blooming empire that could have withstood all the destructive nature of Obamars policies, Obama would have had some pride being president.

Unfortunately for Obama any real debate talking points he has to argue at Romney will ulitimately turn around and bite obama in the ass because he is guilty of the same stuff and he is the president so more will land on his neck.

THEY BOTH ARE PAWNS AND STOOLS

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
He did not lie every time he opened his mouth.

Romney barely managed to say anything true.

Yeah, it really is pretty simple.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
But he let down his home boys, awwwhhhhh
...... especially.....very especially....the dude 2nd from the back!

edit on 5-10-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
People are finally coming out of that deep slumber... and Obama is in serious trouble.

Apparently you have been sleeping since 2005 -

Did you know that the economy was losing over a half a million jobs a month when
Obama took office?

Did you know we are gaining jobs now?

Is America retarded???

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by orionthehunter
He is rich. He won over a million with his Nobel Peace prize I believe.

Yes he's wealthy but not from that Nobel Peace Prize.
He donated the money .. like they all do. It's was expected.

That being said .. the reason he lost the debate was because he wasn't prepared and he isn't presidential. His ego came through. It was really obvious. And for the past four years he hasn't had to listen to anyone and yet on debate night he had to listen to Romney instantly expose him for the lies he was telling. Obama's ego didn't like it. And it showed.

I don't get the people who are running around here saying that Obama losing the debate was some kind of deeper strategy.
NO ONE will purposely lose a debate and look bad like that. That would be insane. He simply lost. It happens. His halo isn't as bright as some of his followers want it to be.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Doalrite
I really think the reason Obama lost the debate falls back on Bush.

OMG .. you didn't just blame George Bush for Obama losing the debate, did you?
That is so classic Obama ... everything is Bush's fault. Never taking ownership.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator
Did you know that the economy was losing over a half a million jobs a month when Obama took office?Did you know we are gaining jobs now?

Unemployment is over 8.3% and has been since Obama took over.
REAL unemployment is around 18% and has been since Obama took over.
Black unemployment is 14.4% and has been since Obama took over.
REAL black unemployment is 21% and has been since Obama took over.
Jobs Created Chart Obama LOST jobs during much of his time in office.
Fact Check - More jobs LOST under Obama than created. Job creation isn't keeping up with job demand

Is America retarded???

Apparently so.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter
He did not lie every time he opened his mouth.

Romney barely managed to say anything true.

Yeah, it really is pretty simple.

It's so funny when you libs sit there and listen to Chrissy "tingle leg" Matthews and Rachel Madcow and then come running over here to spew all their latest talking points.
"Bush's fault hur durr"!!
"Romney lied hurr durr"!!

Obama got his ass kicked and will again next time, deal with it and move on.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
reply to post by Athin

This was one of the all time classics

Did Gore actually expect people to think Romney was at a different altitude ?

Typical politicians with their altitude problems.
We've had it, up to here!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by campanionator

Is America retarded???

No, are you? The Democrats took control of both Houses of Congress in 2006. That is when Pelosi and Reid started sabotaging the US economy. Obama and the Democrats had TWO YEARS when they could have passed anything that they wanted, but, they couldn't agree on anything from with in their own PARTY. Now their mantra is that the Republicans sabotaged their efforts to fix things.

WAKE UP AND SMELL WHAT YOU ARE SHOVELING!!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

The liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", should remember this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH
Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from THE Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco. Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

OBAMA took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac.
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie.

So when someone tries to blame Bush....
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Athin
Liberalism doesn't work.

In the most liberal countries on this planet, ie. Northern Europe/Scandinavia, Norway, Sweden etc. it seems to work very, very well.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Didn't you get the meme? It is ALWAYS going to be Bush's fault!

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I thought that the money he won for the Nobel prize belongs to the government. Any gifts and money that he gets while President belongs to the people of the U.S.A.. Therefore by fault the money belongs to the government and hot him.

posted on Oct, 5 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Athin

well depending on who you talk to they think obama won and others think romney won.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join