It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reason Obama lost the debate. Simply put.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65

Oh man, these made my day! I want the latter in my front yard as a sign and I want to sit on my front porch and clean my rifle wearing that shirt! My neighbors just put up an Obama sign in their yard...idiots. This entire street is republican/anti-retard and they're right in the thick of it with their Prius, Johnny Cash Sunglasses, and Capri Pants...ugh.

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Athin

I've been saying for months that people are in for a shocker during the debates. Its just common sense. Distractions and attack ads work great in media but when it comes to a debate they sound lame. Without the ability to chant worthless things, blame Bush, question Romney's integrity, etc, Obama simply doesn't have a lot to say. Its damned if he does damned if he doesn't because if he does all those things he looks stale and lame, and if he falls back on facts he has to basically play small ball facts because the fundamentals don't favor him. Called it. As for the liberals ready for him to 'go after' Romney in the next debate. Don't count on anything grand. If he whips out option number one, like I said stale and lame. They'll say "Another Romney victory, did Obama get the memo that it wasn't JUST about his energy, it's also about what he says?"

posted on Oct, 6 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
reply to post by JIMC5499

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

The liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", should remember this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH
Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from THE Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco. Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

OBAMA took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac.
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie.

So when someone tries to blame Bush....
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.
Ummm.......should be shouted by the town crier.....or pasted on every billboard, so I'll quote your whole post and do my part........Never let a good opportunity to deny ignorance go to waste...right?

YouSir

posted on Oct, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
The two party system is flawed to begin with. Though I very rarely like to bother myself with the politics in the States, it's still a problem.

The GOP is becoming more radicalized, and the Left (I mean the real Left) are becoming far more radicalized as well. What strikes me as odd is that when polled individually, people who identify Democratic or Republican share so many thoughts.

Good example was that the Tea Party and the Occupy Wallstreet Movement shared a lot of common ideals, but labels got in the way.

Here's hoping everything works out in the end.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Andcoulter
He did not lie every time he opened his mouth.

Romney barely managed to say anything true.

Yeah, it really is pretty simple.

That is funny, the only one who said something that was a COMPLETE lie was Obama. Just because you want Romney to lose doesn't make Obama's comments more truthful. Romney stretched the truth a lot. Obama stretched the truth a lot. Obama flat out lied. Romney did not. This is not simply my opinion, this is the conclusion of expert analysis and fact checkers.
abcnews.go.com...
Only one person there has FICTION by their comment. Guess who.

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Last week obama screwed up at the big debate.
Either that, or the REAL OBAMA came shining through.
Either way - To those who think Obama did that because of some 'strategy' ....
Romney Now Leads in 11 Swing States

posted on Oct, 10 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

Originally posted by orionthehunter
He is rich. He won over a million with his Nobel Peace prize I believe.

Yes he's wealthy but not from that Nobel Peace Prize.
He donated the money .. like they all do. It's was expected.

That being said .. the reason he lost the debate was because he wasn't prepared and he isn't presidential. His ego came through. It was really obvious. And for the past four years he hasn't had to listen to anyone and yet on debate night he had to listen to Romney instantly expose him for the lies he was telling. Obama's ego didn't like it. And it showed.

I don't get the people who are running around here saying that Obama losing the debate was some kind of deeper strategy.
NO ONE will purposely lose a debate and look bad like that. That would be insane. He simply lost. It happens. His halo isn't as bright as some of his followers want it to be.

I agree with you but....they are ALL INSANE! Doesn't someone have to be a tad bit, to even want this kind of job?

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
The real reason he lost the debate is because he focuses on talking points.
He fooled a majority of voters into thinking that he was intelligent. He has been surrounded for the past four years by yes men and people paid to think for him and he lost his edge.

I don't like Romney very much but watching that trash with cash family living it up on our collective dime while telling us that we need to pay more taxes and live on less really Ps me off to no end.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
reply to post by JIMC5499

The day the democrats took over was not January 22nd 2009, it was actually January 3rd 2007 the day the Democrats took over the House of Representatives and the Senate, at the very start of the 110th Congress.

The Democrat Party controlled a majority in both chambers for the first time since the end of the 103rd Congress in 1995.

The liberals propagating the fallacy that everything is "Bush's Fault", should remember this:
January 3rd, 2007 was the day the Democrats took over the Senate and the Congress. At the time:

The DOW Jones closed at 12,621.77
The GDP for the previous quarter was 3.5%
The Unemployment rate was 4.6%

George Bush's Economic policies SET A RECORD of 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS of JOB GROWTH
Remember the day...

January 3rd, 2007 was the day that Barney Frank took over the House Financial Services Committee and Chris Dodd took over the Senate Banking Committee.

The economic meltdown that happened 15 months later was in what part of the economy?
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES!

Unemployment... to this CRISIS by (among MANY other things) dumping 5-6 TRILLION Dollars of toxic loans on the economy from THE Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fiasco. Bush asked Congress 17 TIMES to stop Fannie & Freddie - starting in 2001 because it was financially risky for the US economy.

OBAMA took the THIRD highest pay-off from Fannie Mae AND Freddie Mac.
OBAMA and the Democrat Congress fought against reform of Fannie and Freddie.

So when someone tries to blame Bush....
REMEMBER JANUARY 3rd, 2007.... THE DAY THE DEMOCRATS TOOK OVER!"

Budgets do not come from the White House. They come from Congress and the party that controlled Congress since January 2007 is the Democrat Party.

Dude, you cant hit them with facts. They dont understand facts.

Great Post
Ima try to remember that date, but my memory sucks. thats why I write everything down.

The whole "blame Bush" tactic lost its luster after the first 2 years of Obamas Presidency.

(Eventhough my personal beliefs on Bush arent the greatest- I still dont think hes to blame for someone elses mistakes)

When you are the President- there is nobody else to blame. When you control the house and the senate- there is nobody else to blame.

posted on Oct, 11 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
As an Independent who dislikes the GOP and the Democratic party equally, I'm actually fairly surprised by the number of Romney supporters in this thread. I'm just curious to know how many Independents support Romney. Just generally curious.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join