It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have the spirit?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I love metaphors, don't you? Ever wonder what the Japanese teach their kids?

Other characters words
(You're still standing, how can you be after all those attacks? Who are you?!)

____that's who.
And I am a _____. You might think that you are too but you're not. You learn from the best, but you forgot one very important lesson. ______ is not just about overpowering your opponent through fancy moves. That's only part of ____. There's more to it than that, much more.That's why "I" have something you don't.
Other characters words
(What is it?)

I've learned from every battle I ever fought, every friend, enemy and spectator has always had something to offer me. And I am a student of this game, and I always will be, through the hardships of training, competitions, and the wins and the losses. They all taught me something.

And I've taken that knowledge and used it to my advantage.

Thats why I can say that I am a true _______. That's what keeps me going, and that's my strength.

Other characters words:
(I don't understand you, what are you saying? I don't understand!)

I don't think you ever will
Because you are not a true _______
You have the power and the skill, but something is missing from inside you. You don't have the ______Spirit.

That's why I have to win this battle, because _____ means more to me than you can ever understand.

It's not just a game to me!!!

Finish him now *Throws symbolic phoenix at him*

Taken from a scene in this video starting around 4:15 mins in.

Now let's take another look, in a different scenario As I edit this in Ego Vs Soul.battle

Ego's words

Souls words
Me that's who.
And I am the soul. You might think that you are too but you're not. You learn from the best, but you forgot one very important lesson. Life is not just about overpowering your opponent through fancy looks, fears and lies. That's only part of life we experience. There's more to it than that, much more.That's why "I" have something you don't.

Ego's words
(What is it?)

Souls words
I've learned from every battle I ever fought, every friend, enemy and stranger has always had something to offer me. And I am a student of life, and I always will be, through the hardships of heartache, experiences, the wins and the losses. They all taught me something.

Thats why I can say that I am a trueSpirit. That's what keeps me going, and that's my strength.

The ego's words:

Souls words
Because you are not a true Soul
You may have the power and the skill, but something is missing from inside you. You don't have the Spirit.

That's why I have to win this battle, because life means more to me than you can ever understand.

Finish him now *Throws symbolic phoenix at him* (Flame of rebirth?)

Just something I noticed while reliving childhood moments, and thought i'd point out the metaphor of this scene.

edit on 2-10-2012 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

I believe we all have multiple personality disorder and that is due to the ego and the spirit!

I have noticed within myself that the ego can be a very destructive thing if I allow it to take control of my mind...I look at my ego as a drug addict looks towards their next fix. The EGO loves to be stroked and it makes one feel better when it wins a victory or succeeds in supplying a need.....I truely hate my EGO and try to avoid it taking over my thoughts on a daily basis. The EGO seems to be the fuel for greed......

The spirit on the other hand seems to keep me in balance and be more caring towards the needs and feelings of others.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I think the soul felt like an idiot when he realized he was fighting himself. How many times can a human body be abstracted into pieces? Many times according to this metaphor. Soul, spirit, ego, the human body—all one in the same to any inquiring heart.

Nonetheless, thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
I think the soul felt like an idiot when he realized he was fighting himself. How many times can a human body be abstracted into pieces? Many times according to this metaphor. Soul, spirit, ego, the human body—all one in the same to any inquiring heart.

This is what sets the philosopher apart from the practitioner. how can u say they are the same when they for one are not made out of the same material states? when for another they each have their individual set of talents and work more in a mutualistic relationship. the body can be considered parasitic, but since the spirit feeds it with power willingly it is not considered parasitic. it is the ego which restricts the flow of the spirit into the body trying to pretend it doesnt need it.. but as the spirit begins to leave the body/mind/ego grows scared, extremely frightened of no longer existing, especially when it doesnt understand what is happening. having been given an incling of it's own consciousness based off the spirit's original source it grasps at independence.. but it knows.. remove the batteries and the robot doesnt even recognize that it exists.
edit on 2-10-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0mage

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

This is what sets the philosopher apart from the practitioner. how can u say they are the same when they for one are not made out of the same material states? when for another they each have their individual set of talents and work more in a mutualistic relationship. the body can be considered parasitic, but since the spirit feeds it with power willingly it is not considered parasitic. it is the ego which restricts the flow of the spirit into the body trying to pretend it doesnt need it.. but as the spirit begins to leave the body/mind/ego grows scared, extremely frightened of no longer existing, especially when it doesnt understand what is happening. having been given an incling of it's own consciousness based off the spirit's original source it grasps at independence.. but it knows.. remove the batteries and the robot doesnt even recognize that it exists.

What separates the philosopher from the practitioner is that the philosopher was once a practitioner but grew weary of deceiving himself and others. Philosophy starts where religion leaves off.

You say the spirit is made of something else; what is it made out of then? Perhaps nothing?

At least throw me an argument I can mull over.

Everyone of your claims are found in the romantic hopes of a millennia of idealists. You've said nothing new. In fact, you're regurgitating the same unsubstantiated rhetoric the pious have always claimed since ancient illiterate times.

Please, I await a worthy argument to appease my open mind. Until then...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by LesMisanthrope

quite wrong my friend. ur first line says it all. let me just tell u.. because u tried and failed, doesnt mean everyone else did.

good luck.. and u are a philosopher.. ur still debating. i was once a philosopher and i know enough to know the difference between living a phallacy and the truth of the forces i manipulate within myself to achieve great things through meditation. sleep all u like, but i am not debating. i speak truth or i say nothing!

if ud like ur open mind appeased then please welcome urself to look through my profile posts and comments. there's really nothing more i need to say unless specific to individuals based on their level of achievement thus far along the path. found it, i have (yoda wins!)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Very interesting... I would replace Spirit and Ego with Illusion and Truth....
If only cartoons taught lessons like this nowadays...

I wish there were more threads like this, where people can fill in the blank and we can have a better look into people's minds.

Illusion

Reality that's who.
And I am The Truth. You might think that you are too but you're not. You learn from the best, but you forgot one very important lesson. Existence is not just about overpowering your opponent through fancy moves. That's only part of it. There's more to it than that, much more.That's why "I" have something you don't.

Illusion
(What is it?)

Truth
I've learned from every battle I ever fought, every friend, enemy and spectator has always had something to offer me. And I am a student of reality, and I always will be, through the hardships of training, competitions, and the wins and the losses. They all taught me something.

Thats why I can say that I am a true essence. That's what keeps me going, and that's my strength.

Illusion:

Truth
Because you are not a true essence
You have the power and the skill, but something is missing from inside you. You don't have the Truth Spirit.

That's why I have to win this battle, because wisdom means more to me than you can ever understand.

Finish him now *Throws symbolic phoenix at him*

edit on 2-10-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-10-2012 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

reply to post by LesMisanthrope

quite wrong my friend. ur first line says it all. let me just tell u.. because u tried and failed, doesnt mean everyone else did.

good luck.. and u are a philosopher.. ur still debating. i was once a philosopher and i know enough to know the difference between living a phallacy and the truth of the forces i manipulate within myself to achieve great things through meditation. sleep all u like, but i am not debating. i speak truth or i say nothing!

if ud like ur open mind appeased then please welcome urself to look through my profile posts and comments. there's really nothing more i need to say unless specific to individuals based on their level of achievement thus far along the path. found it, i have (yoda wins!)

You don't need to debate because you cannot. Your post in another thread sets the scene perfectly:

without reading.. based on ur summary..

Approved!

This sounds like the extent of your philosophy. If only everything in life were that easy, eh? You may have a few followers by now.

It's obvious that you have never been a philosopher—only a dreamer.

Edit to Add: It's not my intention to offend, only to instigate a healthy discussion. I dislike stooping to that level.
edit on 2-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
well no offense... but ur arguement is quite petty. one of the very first things that took me through esoterism was the study of aether. based on his summary i can confirm both through memory and experience how this aether permeates all. all through the years of learning nothing has ever contradicted it and instead has supported it.

this seems a bit far out for you. take it step by step. practice meditation and the path to enlightenment and you will find your true self. if u want that is. if u dont want to then .. go play football or whatever.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   

well no offense... but ur arguement is quite petty. one of the very first things that took me through esoterism was the study of aether. based on his summary i can confirm both through memory and experience how this aether permeates all. all through the years of learning nothing has ever contradicted it and instead has supported it.

this seems a bit far out for you. take it step by step. practice meditation and the path to enlightenment and you will find your true self. if u want that is. if u dont want to then .. go play football or whatever.

I spent the better part of my life in meditation. I've even taken a pilgrimage to the mountains of Nepal on behalf of my spirituality. You're right, I found my true self. He was living a pious lie all along.

I hope, in time, you find yourself as well. Whatever you do, never settle.

edit on 2-10-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
your accusations are as worthless as my words. visitors may read both and decide for themselves. so it is ur failure to accomplish the spiritual goal after much of an attempt that has made ur heart so bitter now towards the thought of spirituality.

well my story my friend may be beyond your belief for it is something out of a movie. the choices and endurances i have went thru to attain my goal. to make the right choice in the presence of selfishness and self sacrifice, compassion and empathy for those who others judge etc. basically.. i did what the book said. endeavoured to eliminate sin starting with removing untruth from my life and aligning with truth to attract more truth. i followed the doctrines and did no shortcuts.

i can tell u i have never pilgrimaged anywhere, but i know now that such a thing is only a symbolic ritual. some can have random spiritual experiences based on the faith and reverence at a moment in time.. but going to a pilgrimage i dont think is any guaruntee. u have been misled or made some bad choices. ur still alive and can correct them.

anyway.. just remember i dont aim to prove anything. and readers can take my words as they will. im just pointing in the direction that will get results having already walked the path. honestly.. i really dont care if u believe me or not. the choice is yours.

i'll leave u with this..

if u think that u can trick the Holy Spirit into annointing itself unto u ur really naive. that you could have become so bitter towards spirituality shows ur true heart in the matter. u were no friend to ur own spirit... just another deceiver. i have lived without sin for a time. slowly eliminating each sin i could identify. i remember the day i could only recall one sin. and the next day i eliminated it and live a day with 0 sins. a trained mind can control thoughts and ensure that i didnt even sin in my thoughts. these offerings i made for my spirit to make itself visible to me and much more tough decisions.. very tough. so obviously it can be done man can live without sin.

so u took a long walk. you have done nothing! u know nothing of tribulation. if u did, u would have passed all the spiritual tests along the way and gain ur enlightenment.

besides, if i was pointing everyone in the wrong direction then i wouldnt be doing anything different from what all the priests of religions are doing with their flock now. u dont get much enlightened ppl coming out of the church do u? they preach a bible they dont even know how to read. not even the pope is enlightened.. but u look to these ppl to lead u to enlightenment yet not even their own guidance can gain it for themselves. i will leave the case.. at that!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Been there, doin' that. You're not alone...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

your accusations are as worthless as my words. visitors may read both and decide for themselves. so it is ur failure to accomplish the spiritual goal after much of an attempt that has made ur heart so bitter now towards the thought of spirituality.

well my story my friend may be beyond your belief for it is something out of a movie. the choices and endurances i have went thru to attain my goal. to make the right choice in the presence of selfishness and self sacrifice, compassion and empathy for those who others judge etc. basically.. i did what the book said. endeavoured to eliminate sin starting with removing untruth from my life and aligning with truth to attract more truth. i followed the doctrines and did no shortcuts.

i can tell u i have never pilgrimaged anywhere, but i know now that such a thing is only a symbolic ritual. some can have random spiritual experiences based on the faith and reverence at a moment in time.. but going to a pilgrimage i dont think is any guaruntee. u have been misled or made some bad choices. ur still alive and can correct them.

I must admit, you are wise in your words Omage, and I hold no ill-will towards you. I, however, don't think my spirituality was a failure. I wouldn't take any of it back. I have found my soul, my spirit, my self, whatever label you wish to call it, and am better off because of it.

You're right about the pilgrimage, it was symbolic. I went there for the wrong reasons, for my spirituality rather than the experience. That is something I deeply regret. Also, it is the only thing I've ever shared about myself on this website, not that that matters, but it's in contrast to the more dogmatic of posters among us. It's dogmatism, not spirituality, I attack. If one is being dogmatic about atheism, materialism or any other of the less-spiritual 'isms,' I attack their words as well. That being said, I enjoy hearing you say that you've laid down your own dogmatism in favour of having people discover their own.

if u think that u can trick the Holy Spirit into annointing itself unto u ur really naive. that you could have become so bitter towards spirituality shows ur true heart in the matter. u were no friend to ur own spirit... just another deceiver. i have lived without sin for a time. slowly eliminating each sin i could identify. i remember the day i could only recall one sin. and the next day i eliminated it and live a day with 0 sins. a trained mind can control thoughts and ensure that i didnt even sin in my thoughts. these offerings i made for my spirit to make itself visible to me and much more tough decisions.. very tough. so obviously it can be done man can live without sin.

so u took a long walk. you have done nothing! u know nothing of tribulation. if u did, u would have passed all the spiritual tests along the way and gain ur enlightenment.

besides, if i was pointing everyone in the wrong direction then i wouldnt be doing anything different from what all the priests of religions are doing with their flock now. u dont get much enlightened ppl coming out of the church do u? they preach a bible they dont even know how to read. not even the pope is enlightened.. but u look to these ppl to lead u to enlightenment yet not even their own guidance can gain it for themselves. i will leave the case.. at that!

The chasm between your words here and the truth is unfathomable. Your inferences about my life and my spirituality are based on nothing but your own imaginations and are all absolutely wrong—and you call me naive. A seeker of 'truth' would have moved beyond such superficialness long ago. You don't know the person behind these words, nor can you pretend to. You've made your case and I will leave it closed.

Good luck on your path. I've enjoyed our discussion.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
well i thank you for going easy on me. really, there's nothing i can do through words on a forum to prove anything to anyone. i have chosen just to point ppl to the door i walked thru. go look and give it a sincere effort and you WILL find it. no more searching and digging thru a haystack. i know exactly where it is, how to get there and how to use it.

i really didnt mean to assume anything. but it is your words that have made u seem quite bitter towards spirituality. now u tell me you yourself have found your soul while u accuse me of piousness for claiming the same. at the end of the day tho. im just a normal guy like u or anyone. well maybe not just as normal because ive always been proficient performer in whatever task i took up. but the same i have always been deeply pursuant of the spiritual path and attribute the blessing of knowledge from that for my seemingly above average abilities. i curse.. i chase girls, go to work etc. just a normal guy and his spirit in communication living more harmoniously than the norm. that's all i asked for, that's all ive been searching for.

dogma u wont find here.. nor judgement. i am not the judge. but i believe i may have some insight into the judge's eyes and he into mine and can provide guidance. and that's all i intend to do for those who seek it. freely! this knowledge is everyone's just like an apple on a tree in the forest is anyone's who comes across it first. i respect the truth in all religions and respect everyone's perspective. even atheists. but they as well tho they speak truth misinterpret it via the wrong perspective and dont know what they're saying. this truth is so illusive to westerners it seems to fit in between the spaces of each religious text on the planet. more than reading between the lines u have to read between the religion to see the dominant centered perspective. it sees both sides of the wall. a holistic study.

I wish all good luck on this grand and great journey. it is exciting, it is fun. it is a heavy burden.. but i wouldnt change a thing given a chance to. i no more live in a world with a question of purpose and meaning of existence. this brings great peace.
edit on 3-10-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-10-2012 by 0mage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join