It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Incredible! Human Size Bat Caught In Peru

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Thanks new to this stuff! It's hard for a old dog to learn new tricks!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by toxic32

Yep was going to say bayonet, but didn't want to get into the whole ..... thing lol

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I smell Sci-Fi original all over this one.

2nd

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

You are welcome nighthawk1954, congrats on a good find also

link   
This is where I first heard about these things. It even has the ops pic in it. It's number 7 on the list. www.cracked.com...

link   
And of course it's an endangered species, so what do they do?
Kill it!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ABNARTY

Don't tell the Sy Fy network.....they have getting really hard up for there own movies!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
It looks to me like someone has stuck a fag (cigarette) in it's mouth....

Anyone else notice that?

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

I think that's supposed to be the tongue, the bat looks like a man made model to me, very cartoon like. It amazes me how people are so desperate to believe that some amazing new creature has been found that they blindly believe it's real despite the fact that these hoaxes pop up online all the time. I thought ATS would especially be good at recognising this....

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by clintdelicious

LMAO read the wiki link I posted back on page one. It's not a new species. Just because you havn't heard of it until now, doesn't mean it's new. Granted it's not near as big as it looks in the OP's pic, they DO have a nearly six foot wing span. Look at the knife circled by the mod who posted also on page one. I'd have thought people on ATS would be able to at least READ and pay attention to the evidence given. *SMH* It amazes me how people are so desperate to believe they know every damn thing there is to know that they ignore simple facts.
edit on 2-10-2012 by OpenMindCuriousMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

I'm thinking it should star Tiffany and Debbie Gibson as biologists on the CIA payroll looking for drug running mercenary aliens with Danny Bonaduce...as the bat.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by SilentE

I think that's supposed to be the tongue,

If that is real then he would have been a huge hit with the ladies.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
The wife was looking over my shoulder doing this post...she thinks I am nut just going on ATS...(she is probably right)... Any way she says if they do excist, you have to build a giant Bat house!

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Very cool. Mothman is real after all. Can you imagine seeing that thing swooping down near you and your kids on some backwoods hike? Nature is awesome.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by subject x
I think it just looks huge because it's being hung in the foreground of the picture.
It's probably normal sized.

You are 100% correct.While the photo is real it is a optical illusion.The bat is in the foreground.I used to raise and rehabilatate fruit bats similar to this here in Australia.They are very impressive all the same.3 foot wing spans.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Versus

Actually, the bat is closer to the camera than it appears. The rack it is on is between the man on the left and the camera. It is likely nowhere near the size of a person. Kind of an illusion because of how the bat looks.

-ChriS

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by SilentE

I think that's supposed to be the tongue, the bat looks like a man made model to me, very cartoon like. It amazes me how people are so desperate to believe that some amazing new creature has been found that they blindly believe it's real despite the fact that these hoaxes pop up online all the time. I thought ATS would especially be good at recognising this....

I love the "I know it all" geniuses that come here and deride people with snide comments when THEY obviously have no idea what they are talking about.

If you don't have the courtesy to even read a thread, maybe refrain from commenting. These things DO exist. The size may be an optical illlusion but they are pretty freaking big! I sure as heck wouldn't want to have these things nesting in my shed

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
I don't need to be a genius to see that bat is not even remotely the size of a human as claimed in the title.

Seriously, this site is becoming worse than Weekly World News from the grocery store.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

I agree. It isn't human sized. But some of the comments suggest this species doesn't exist.

These animals are like flying dogs though. Pretty creepy if you ask me.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
That bat looks like a freakin gargoyle.
I bet the vampire freaks are ecstatic over this "discovery".

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join