It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: 65: 2012 Presidential Debate 1 Special !!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

This is a classic case of Obama probably saying to himself, "I don't have to train specially for this debate because I am up to the eyeballs in the issues every day and debating everyday."

He came into the situation with a marathoner's perspective. "I can handle this. I do it every day, all day long."

Romney trained for the sprint and exploded out of the gate. Obama looked bad at times because he knows too much and couldn't sift through it quickly, debating style, to make points concisely.

Obama had better sharpen up and take this seriously, because Mitt probably went home afterward and right back to the speed bag.

America should be very pleased because they have two excellent candidates. The next debate should be fantastic.
edit on 4-10-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by semperfortis
It is embarrassing that people in other countries are watching this... And they know this guy is our president..

Really?

Bush Jnr came over as a bumbling chimp with the intellect of a marmoset.

Was Obama worse than that?

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

It is embarrassing that people in other countries are watching this... And they know this guy is our president..

Really?

Only to Republicans. That's American politics though. It helps to be blind in one eye, or the other. Our vision is improving but still a long way to go. Hopefully there will be a rise of third-parties in the coming decades but that will surely bring new maladies.

Thanks for a great discussion, ATS Live Politics crew. Excellent show. Much appreciated, all of you.

edit on 4-10-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Really?

Only to people that hated him..

I loved GW, supported him then and still do..

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
It sure appeared that Romney won the debate last night. He was more present, sure of himself, and seemed to have a clear idea of the path he wants to take. I certainly am not an Obama supporter, and as a registered Republican would like to see someone new step in, but I am not sure how well Mitt can be trusted to do as he says. If he gets elected lets hope for steady winds, any shift in direction might take Romney along with them. "Rock steady" does not apply here -

This vid puts some of Romney's wind shifts and tidal changes in a neat package. Keep your options open. Poor choice vs. multiple choice.

My absentee vote was already sent-off for Libertarian ticket Johnson/Gray. Let the chips fall where they may.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Yes, Obama did look uninterested, because I think he was. He knew he wasn't going there to debate Romney tonight. He was going there to let Romney talk and reveal himself.

Maybe. Honestly - - I'm not getting this.

When does "putting on a show" usurp presenting facts.

That's kind of insulting to voters IMO.

Anyway - - - I'm reading the reviews that our dissecting what was actually said - - - not the "show".

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by SaturnFX

I am watching the daily show. I don't need the msm to tell me what I just heard.

And you think the daily show isnt part of the MSM? what part of it are you willing to admit to and what part are you not?

If you think one area of what you watch isnt part of the main stream.........even AFTER its become mainstream (like stewart) then you are delusional or mistaken......

Being that I believe you are a very intelligent individual, I think you have mistaken.......

John Stewart is just as much apart of the MSM as Fox or NBC or any of the others......

dont trust on any of them to give you the truth.........FIND IT FOR YOURSELF!

The Daily Show/Colbert report is funny to me. A humorous (and admittedly leftist) view of politics. I don't watch TDS/CR for news, or understanding..they are typically spinning things a day old which I have already digested, contemplated, etc..they then just make me laugh over things I could potentially cry about.
I will say that Stewart can occasionally make a very strong call out on Fox News though...love the montages of them flip flopping based on who they are talking about. Good stuff.

And Colbert...come on...if you don't like Colbert, you simply have no sense of humor, regardless of side!

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by HostileApostle

Yes, Obama did look uninterested, because I think he was. He knew he wasn't going there to debate Romney tonight. He was going there to let Romney talk and reveal himself.

Maybe. Honestly - - I'm not getting this.

When does "putting on a show" usurp presenting facts.

That's kind of insulting to voters IMO.

Anyway - - - I'm reading the reviews that our dissecting what was actually said - - - not the "show".

Ahh, but thats just it, isn't it.
Consider the majority of the undecided voters...
Are they truely digging for facts, or are they wanting to see who is the best preformer?
If facts are wanted, then they can go to many fact checkers and see what is going on and the truth behind claims.

I do believe they want a show..they want to see who is strong.

In saying that, Kerry won all the debates against GWB...

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Are they truely digging for facts, or are they wanting to see who is the best preformer?
If facts are wanted, then they can go to many fact checkers and see what is going on and the truth behind claims.

I do believe they want a show..they want to see who is strong.

In saying that, Kerry won all the debates against GWB...

Yes - - I know I'm only speaking for myself and those who aren't fooled by "Carnival Barkers". (consider Limbaugh's ratings).

It's sad really.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Yes - - I know I'm only speaking for myself and those who aren't fooled by "Carnival Barkers". (consider Limbaugh's ratings).

It's sad really.

Unfortunately it is pageantry and superficial perceptions that win elections - especially those as important as POTUS - lesser races often have more substance due to less showmanship skill of the players. For that reason Romney scored last night, though for many I am sure Obama earned a few points for appearing pensive and having a few numbers to toss around.

Such a game it all is, one man wins, the other goes home, and we are out the ticket price and ongoing clean-up costs. Worst of it is, this year there is just so little talent, little enthusiasm, obligatory cost of admission whether you want to attend or not. And the clean-up has been piling up for years.

This year about guarantees a cruddy show with the highest price tag ever. They can get away with a lousey performance because the alternative of no show is worse, or one brought to us by a foreign sponsor. That is all a possible future reality but there ARE better alternatives, it would require third-party performers from outside the gilded guild.Seems they would rather burn down the theater first though.

posted on Oct, 4 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by neformore

Bush was a better "debater" than Obama was last nite.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join