It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: 65: 2012 Presidential Debate 1 Special !!!!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
The Politics online sister show of the AM radio parent show ATS LIVE with your co hosts..

Semperfortis and Silk ..With Jack, Luke, Greg and Laura in the studio

Join us on 10/3/12 at 10:30 PM EDT, listen in and call us as this is all about you wonderful folks that are the backbone of ATS. We will tackle the issues in ways that the Main Stream Media never will..

Blunt... Unbiased.. Cut to the chase, honest discussion of the political issues and news shaping our world today, this ain't your local news.

Tonight's topic -

2012 Presidential Debate 1

Topic: Domestic policy
Air Time: 9:00-10:30 p.m. Eastern Time
Sponsor: Commission on Presidential Debates
Participants: President Barack Obama and Governor Mitt Romney
Moderator: Jim Lehrer (Host of NewsHour on PBS)
The debate will focus on domestic policy and be divided into six time segments of approximately 15 minutes each on topics to be selected by the moderator and announced several weeks before the debate.

The moderator will open each segment with a question, after which each candidate will have two minutes to respond. The moderator will use the balance of the time in the segment for a discussion of the topic.

This will be a special edition of the ATS Live Politics show focusing on the Presidential debates, we wanted to give the members as much opportunity to voice their opinions on how the debate unfolded, who made great points, who didn't.. or is it more of the same old politics as usual..

You will be able to participate in many ways, by posting in this thread, by joining the folks in chat and posting there, by calling in via skype or using your phone to dial in and joining the crew on air..

We certainly hope that there will be plenty of participation, because we love to interact with the membership this way!!!

Future Debate Specials will be determined based on member interest, so please tune in , post here or in chat, and by all means if you have the means, give us a call and join in on the discussion.

Hope to see you all there..

Remember that the most appreciated opinions are from the members of ATS.. so please, if you have an opinion that you would like to share.. give us a ring.. via Skype.. and here's how..

Call-In Using Skype
1) Install Skype
2) Add ATS Live Studio to your Skype contact list.
3) Send us a text message via Skype, do not call directly.
4) Wait for your position in the queue.
5) Tell us what's on your mind!

CALL us.

UK Users can call into the show from landlines by ringing

0113 8150068

Calls will be charged at Local rates if you live in the Leeds area, or national rates from elsewhere dependent on your call package

Callers in the USA can call into the show from landlines by ringing

(954) 903-0748

Calls will be charged at Local rates if you live in the FT.Lauderdale area, or national rates from elsewhere dependent on your call package.

Please wait for us to ask for callers.

We can only take one call at a time and you'll be brought to air. Please be patient.

LOW BANDWIDTH STREAM NOW AVAILABLE - We now run a 32kbps stream for those of you with slower connections. You can connect to the low bandwidth stream by clicking here.

www.shoutcast.com...

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
My, my, my....

It's THAT time of the quadrennial again already?

I can't wait to see how Big media stages this show.

Our political thespians will be honed by their prep-teams... they will have memorized everything they have to say...They will have practiced how to characterize what their opponent says... bring up their opponent's least favorite moments and failures... they will use the past as a weapon against each other...

The party will tell them where "not to go" and what "sound bites" will be "sold" after the show in commentaries around the country and world.

And in between all that... they may (a very strong "may") actually reveal some vague notion of a plan.

While I would prefer not to be, I am prepared to be underwhelmed.... since the media thinks so poorly of the "common man" as to make these things rather superficial, plastic, and glossy.

I will be interested in seeing exactly what limits the "Domestic Policy" has.... after all the distinction is entirely manufactured .... unless you believe there is a magic wall in between one policy and another... that makes, for example; monetary and fiscal policy, or war, or globalist trade negotiations, somehow 'separate' from our "domestic" situation.

posted on Oct, 2 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
So here we are on the edge of this thing coming down to the stretch, and surely you will have your opinion both before the debate and after it.

Will this change any viewpoints?
Will it clear up misconceptions?
Will it change your vote?

All this and more can be expressed. But like all things we want to hear your opinions. Call in, Skype in, type in chat or even this thread. But what we need is for you to sound off.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Really?

All set for the big 'show'?

Got your popcorn?

Well personally, I feel the same way George felt about all of this pretentious BS.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
I am sure it will be a lively debate.
And no doubt you will leave feeling your favorite candidate won.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by lapi7

Originally posted by lapi7
All set for the big 'show'?

Yes. That's what the debates have become. A show. It's so rehearsed and practiced, it's hardly a "real" debate. But it's still fun to watch.
For me, anyway. Sorry I'll miss the ATS show, but I'll check back in this thread tomorrow to see how it goes.

Have a great time!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Agree and disagree with your comment. Yes, the debates are scripted but there are incalculable factors we'll witness as Obama and Romney meet for the first time. Things like body language, can one candidate trip up the other, will a candidate get forced on the defensive or surprisingly take the offense? There are just some many things outside the script to look for. Either way, I'm tuning-in.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
A quick heads up, for those interested in a couple of third party candidates..

Democracy now is doing something that I find awesome!!!

www.democracynow.org

As President Barack Obama and Republican nominee Mitt Romney square off in their first debate tonight, Democracy Now! will broadcast live from Denver with a special expanded presidential debate from 8:30 to 11:30 p.m. ET. We will air the Obama/Romney debate, pausing after questions to include equal time responses from two presidential contenders who were shut out of the official debate: Jill Stein of the Green Party and Rocky Anderson of the Justice Party.

Plenty of options to tune in to their broadcast at the link..

Going LIVE in about 4 hours... Hope you will join us...

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I was thinking about playing a little debate game tonight.
It's kinda like a drinking game, but different.
Every time a candidate gave a direct, straight answer to a question, I'd hit my hand with a ball peen hammer.
Hard.

I bet I'd be able to post here tomorrow with no difficulty.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by subject x

I think that's a safe bet.. to clarify, you aren't including the 3rd party candidates answers from the Democracy now version correct ?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Pretty vague, but here is the published Topic outline for tonight's debate..

www.debates.org

TOPICS FOR FIRST PRESIDENTIAL DEBATE ANNOUNCED BY MODERATOR

Jim Lehrer, moderator of the first 2012 presidential debate, has selected the topics for that debate, which is on domestic policy. Mr. Lehrer stated:

Subject to possible changes because of news developments, here are the topics for the October 3 debate, not necessarily to be brought up in this order:
The Economy - I
The Economy - II
The Economy - III
Health Care
The Role of Government
Governing

I think we will see quite a bit on the Economy?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I look forward to see them struggle to read their answers off the teleprompter.

Its all a sham. We the people don't vote for the POTUS.

Its a complete fraud not allowing a 3rd party or independent access.

They will not talk about the real issues anyway. Just BS that they think the main issues are.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SWCCFAN

third party contributing via other means..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I applaud all efforts to have as many candidates heard, regardless my opinions, it's up to the people to make up their minds, not the BIG Media...

this is the option that I am choosing to view the debate

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
The greatest illusion man could muster to keep their eyes from chaotic individuality and TRUE freedom, is the illusion of grandeur and actually making MAN, feel empowered by providing an illusion they are in control... Instead it is the smartest outsmarting the dumbest, so they can continue to keep their chaotic ways...

This is why I don't care about the debates, nor will take them serious.. Its just part of the illusion...

Truth of the matter is this, we live in a World we cannot explain...

when we tune into debates and other Illusionistic control bullcrap on tv we get the false sensation of Having a clue where we are, being in control of something and actually understanding why their is oxygen on this planet and why we have to drink water to live, hell just being alive for that matter...

The debates and United states government democracy the 21st century is the best we have, the greatest illusion so far to keep us from focusing to the sky and asking the questions...

Instead the majority of us are asking whether or not we are going to tune into the new wizard of oz display...

don't mean to sound so harsh but this is a generalized truth... Not just a realization or a ACT of negativity.. Yet can easily be portrayed of negativity by the weak minded...

take it how you wish..

Good luck on your endorsement with the debate and try not to get to emotional... That is the goal...

edit on 3-10-2012 by MaurinQuina because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hmmmm - - I've never actually sat through a whole debate.

We'll see how long it holds my attention.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
I just gotta go WAY out there, before this debate starts and say;
if Obama starts talking like those 3 Reporters who had those garbled speech"strokes"
it means Blackwater has crude mind control capabilities and we had better
get ready for the 2nd coming of ...Cheney.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 3-10-2012 by sealing because: Link

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Anyone else see Lehrer losing control of the debate already?

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Finally a real debate. The moderator has lost control and the candidates are speaking to each other. I'm really enjoying this one!

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
This is more like a debate should be ... but its all fluff.

Both are loosing choices because they are both controlled puppets.

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Hmmmm - - I've never actually sat through a whole debate.

We'll see how long it holds my attention.

Dont worry too much about it, ive been watching since it started (not long ago) and it already looks like a train wreck to me..........

My god we need a 3rd party with some sense enough to instead of playing tug of war , to cut the damn rope.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join