It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You will want to TRY THIS.. How smart is your right foot?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   
To all who are doing it with no problems.

Are you sure your foot is moving clockwise and your hand moving counterclockwise?

Because if both hand and foot are moving in the same direction, you can do it easy.

But when hand and foot is moving in opposite directions, that's when it gets a bit tricky.

Example:

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

I cheated

If you do the "6" backwards - i.e. Not a mirror image, but starting from where you woud normally finish a "6" and working your way back to where you would normally start. Your hand will be moving in a clockwise motion like your foot

edit on 29-9-2012 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
That's crazy. If I do it very slowly, I can do it. But, my foot makes a very sloppy circle while I do it lol

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhoDat09
reply to post by silo13

Still nothing!!!

Keep tryin'..You'll taste it

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf

reply to post by silo13

Still nothing!!!

Unfortunately it's not as funny over the internet.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
I can make a clockwise square or a very sloppy circle one out of four tries each..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13
Put your tongue back in your mouth.

peace

I'm afraid to stick my tongue out ever again..That feeling lasted a good 15 mins...Pretty cool stuff your brain can trick you into doing or thinking

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

I'ts not is it? Oh well, back to making circles with my foot, drawing sixes in the air, and sprinkling imaginary salt on my tongue..Pretty sad thing to be doing at 4:00 am

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvilBat
Sorta reminds me of
"Sticking your tongue out and pretending to shake salt
on the back of it and you will actually taste salt"

What the hell is going on... O.o That is bizarre.

Our tongues are made to taste separate things, sweet at the front, salty/bitter at the back, so maybe the air wafting around causes excitement of the salty area of the tongue.

But my right foot is a cripple and now all I can taste is salt.

Saturday.. think I'll fix this problem with beer.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

reply to post by silo13

Still nothing!!!

But it's still salty..

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:39 AM
link   
and if you are at a department store and testing different types of perfumes and need to clear your smell senses cause it all mixes together, just think of the smell of coffee beans - and instantly your sinuses are cleared of the smell/your brain goes back to default mode as though you hadn't smelled any of the scents yet. Weird, when my friend told me that one in the store I thought she was a witch.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
I fart whenever i try this.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sinza
and if you are at a department store and testing different types of perfumes and need to clear your smell senses cause it all mixes together, just think of the smell of coffee beans - and instantly your sinuses are cleared of the smell/your brain goes back to default mode as though you hadn't smelled any of the scents yet. Weird, when my friend told me that one in the store I thought she was a witch.

That's to funny, "I thought she was a witch"..I'll have to try this the next time i smell something I don't like. I wonder If it works on other smells besides perfumes?
edit on 29-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: w

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonewolf

Yeah I think it works just whenever there is a smell overwhelming your senses and you want it to go away, think of coffee beans :3

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:04 AM
link   
I have to admit i failed on my first attempt
but when i actually concetrated and visualized before i tried the second time
it was so easy i had to double check the directions to make sure i was doing it right

Does that mean i win!?!?

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ILikeStars

YOU HAVE RUINED MY MORNING. I was trying really hard to do this. I didn't know it at the time, but I had people looking at me while I was being a public idiot. Needless to say they now think I am completely mad.

LOL.

Thanks though, interesting, here is a star!
edit on 29-9-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
You can trick your brain into allowing it to happen.

6 < If you start at the middle point there and circle around clockwise then loop back over the top your brain won't change the direction.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by SpearMint

reply to post by silo13

Still nothing!!!

But it's still salty..

Watch yourself do it in front of a mirror.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by WhoDat09

My post advising others to put their tongues back in their mouth was a warning. Obviously the pig's who're laughing at your expense already know. (I am not referring to the OP).

It's truly a shame that such a great thread got so fouled.

1. The “Salt Shaker” on the tongue

This is one of the better known ones this one so it can bomb pretty hard if the person you are doing it to already knows it.

So first step one is to set the scene, tell them you have a pretty good “mind trick” for them to try out.

ProTip: You may get better results by telling them you saw Derren Brown do this last night or that it is a form of hypnotism.

If they are up for it then is time to tell them what to do…

Tell them to imagine that there is a salt shaker on the table. Now ask them to pretend they are picking it up and to tilt their head back with mouth open and tongue extended out.

The final part is getting them to make a pouring/shaking motion onto their tongue and they should be able to taste the salt!

Obviously this doesn’t work and they just end up looking like they are performing a bit of (snip).
l ink

That being said? The foot thing is a trip huh? If I really think about it I can overcome it - but - it isn't easy!

peace

edit on 29-9-2012 by silo13 because: took out the word oral just in case

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I had no trouble at all, i figured it may have something to do with my being left handed so i tried with my right hand, still no trouble.

I blame Obama.

posted on Sep, 29 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Tried it. Going slow I can do it fine. Going fast my foot starts trying to go up and down instead of clockwise. Like its trying to change but its to retarded to fully get there..

Therian

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join