It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portuguese public prosecutor says that it is legal to copy music and films from the internet

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Okay, this one made me laugh hard.

So, in the beginning of 2011 the ACAPOR (Portuguese audiovisual, cultural and entertainment trade association) lodged a complaint with the Attorney General's Office against around 2000 web users that used P2P websites to share movies and stuff.

And now, our public prosecutor said that the defense of copyright shall be applied with regard also to the right to education, culture, freedom of action in the internet, especially when such freedom is restricted to individual nothing related trade issues, with the profit of mercantile activity.

Here's the source, Link.

I know it's in portuguese, just pass it in google translator, you will get a rough translation.

This is the first time i see my government do something smart.

PS. My government is really bad, the last prime minister robbed around 900.000 milion euros from us, and now he is on vacation in paris, totally free. Brazilian scum comes here because if you kill someone and you are brazilian, gipsy or east european, you will just get a slap in the wrist.

Thell me your thoughts about this

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

Even in the US, I thought the issue was distribution not simply downloading?

Is it a "crime" to keep it for your own use?

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

What they want is for you to buy everything. You can't own anything for free.

We can't even grow vegetables and fruit in our damn gardens

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neph89
Brazilian scum comes here because if you kill someone and you are brazilian, gipsy or east european, you will just get a slap in the wrist.

WTH this ethnic intolerance got to do with internet piracy???

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

It was just to show how stupid my country is, and it is not etnic intolerance if they are the ones that get all the previlleges

posted on Sep, 26 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Neph89

Are you trying to say that if member of some ethnic group in your country commit crime they actually get mild sentences compare to natives?

edit on 26-9-2012 by zilebeliveunknown because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

Well, most of the times, they don't get any sentence.

If a criminal points a gun at a cop and the cop shots him, the cop is the one thats going to jail.
Stupid isn't it?

top topics

join