It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars and Planets, Meteors and Comets, the TRUTH

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Niecedenise
That OP just gave me a headache.

I've seen meteors and I have seen ufos/possible spacecraft. I cannot understand how the 2 could be confused?

Surprisingly easily it turns out if you read reports of big meteors that have been observed in previous years. Having followed reports of big meteors and fireballs over the years, I'd say that every time there is a large meteor that is seen by many people (50+) there is usually at least one report where it is (at least initially) misidentified.

I put together a thread that can be found here going into the reasons why this is so, as well as listing a few examples.

Basically it boils down to the fact that people who don't have much previous experience with meteors especially, observe an apparent characteristic that in their experience does not fit with their limited experience of meteors.

For example, and this is not in anyway a dig at you Niecedenise, but you said you've "seen meteors", but have you seen meteors:

- that don't appear to move at all ("point-meteors")
- that explode in a bright "terminal flare"
- that shoot apparently upwards/away from the horizon, and then over head, seemingly at only a few hundred feet altitude ("earthgrazers")
- that leave a "persistent train" so bright, that it looks like a "tear in the very fabric of space from which a bright light radiates until the tear seemingly seals itself up after a few seconds"
- that are a vivid green, red, blue, orange, bronze, or some combination of the above colours
- that spit into two or more pieces ("fragmenting meteors")
- that make an odd crackling or fizzling sound simultaneously with the appearance of the meteor even though the meteor may be 100+ km away ("electrophonic meteors")
- that appear to be "nebulous" or "diffuse"
- that appear to "land" just a few hundred yards away (which is highly improbably in all but a few very rare cases)
- that are brighter than the Moon or even the Sun ("super-bolides") in some exceptional cases

Whilst you might have experienced some of these things which have been well documented by science, I'll bet that you have not come across at least a few of them, and most members of the public may well be taken by surprise by some (if not the majority) of these characteristics.

All of these aspects can potentially throw people off, and cause them to misidentify, or even just be plain stumped by what they saw, resulting in a UFO report.

If you were wondering, I have personally experienced for myself all of the above except for the last two characteristics, although I have seen quite a few meteors that are brighter than the moon. Brightness is not everything though, and some of the most interesting/impressive/odd looking meteors (eg nebulous meteors) have been relatively dim.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by FireballStorm

Very well said. Nice work.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by magickmaster

"psychedelic experience" If it wasn't '___' then It wasn't a real psychedelic experience.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by AsuspiciousMANappears

"psychedelic experience" If it wasn't '___' then It wasn't a real psychedelic experience.

I'll have to keep that in mind, thank you.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by magickmaster
reply to post by fedeykin

I also question how many people dies in the holocaust. I'm pretty stupid huh?
I went to school on ATS Forums.

Great, a holocaust denier.

Well, just to let you know, I believe people who don't believe in the holocaust are idiots. This is simple, because I didn't hear about the holocaust from a government or propaganda machines, I heard about it from people who lived through it on both sides, a lot of those people being family members such as my grandparents.

Its easy for people in the Middle East to deny the holocaust cause they weren't there. The people here where I live do not deny it, because their parents and grandparents were right in the thick of it.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

He didn't deny the holocaust in that sentence, he questioned the death toll, as have many others.

To deny the holocaust would be an insult to those who died/suffered as a result of it, but to question if TPTB gave us the real figures, and not a greater figure to make it sound even worse (if that is possible)....well......

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Are any of you out there skeptical that stars are actually stars and planets are actually planets?
I have doubts because of the following reasons.

I was taught as a child about shooting stars. Then I grew up and learned they are not stars at all, they are supposed to be comets and meteors. So I was lied to at an early age, and now I do not trust anything they tell me about space.

Jupiter and Venus are Planets yet they shine bright at night, like stars. I cannot see Mars and I cannot see Saturn, so why can I see Venus and Jupiter?

If a star shines because it's burning off energy, and planets are not, then why do Venus and Jupiter shine bright like stars?

If you tell me they are reflecting light, then what is it about them, that causes them to light up at night, by reflecting light? Do they have mirrors all over the surface or something?

Next....I see flashes of light shoot across the night sky and i'm told they are meteors burning up as they enter our atmosphere. How come some meteors burn up and others do not and actually impact the earth? How come more do not impact the earth, since I can see them almost every night, and that's just in my little quadrant of the sky?

Are they actually meteors or comets? Or are we seeing visible light reflections of spacecraft flying by at high speeds? Are some of them lightcrafts?

Those are just a few of my questions about space and the stars. Do other people ever have these questions and wonder about these things?

If you are a scientist, please explain these things in your most understandable way. Is it that I just do not understand science very well? Or are these reasonable questions at all?

See kids, your thinking turns like this when your brain is on drugs...you become skeptic and cynical. I agree with another poster for you to pick up a Grade 6 textbook and do some research. Heck with it, go visit a science world and learn something for your own good measure...In fact, check out any thread under "Space Exploration" on ATS to discover findings of our solar system! Good luck

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:04 AM
link   

Ok, here goes, I'm sure in 4 pages you probably have these answers, but as it is first thing in the morning, I have just woke up, and some of the nasty, arrogant answers on the first page have made me skip to the end.....hopefully this will help....

I was taught as a child about shooting stars. Then I grew up and learned they are not stars at all, they are supposed to be comets and meteors. So I was lied to at an early age, and now I do not trust anything they tell me about space.

Before man understood what stars were, they thought meteors were in fact..shooting stars. I guess the name stuck, even though we learned what they were. I guess it sounds more fun to the kids.

Jupiter and Venus are Planets yet they shine bright at night, like stars. I cannot see Mars and I cannot see Saturn, so why can I see Venus and Jupiter?

A few factors here, Jupiter is big, Venus is close, therefore, when they are in the right position to be viewed from Earth, they are the brightest objects.

Mars, when it is closer to Earth can also be very bright.

However, you are only going to see a planet when it is in the right position, ie, on the same side of the Earth as the sun, although larger planets like Jupiter can be seen on the other side, just as long as they don't go behind the sun from our perspective.

The five planets that can be seen unaided are Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn.

Use a program like stellurium on the PC, or Google sky on your phone to find them.

If a star shines because it's burning off energy, and planets are not, then why do Venus and Jupiter shine bright like stars?

It really is just reflection of the suns light, everything reflects light, that is how you see things, nothing to do with mirrors, it's just the way things work.

Next....I see flashes of light shoot across the night sky and i'm told they are meteors burning up as they enter our atmosphere. How come some meteors burn up and others do not and actually impact the earth? How come more do not impact the earth, since I can see them almost every night, and that's just in my little quadrant of the sky?

Most you see are nothing more than grains of sand to pebble sized rocks. When they hit the atmosphere, the friction caused with the air causes them to burn up, quite dramatically, hence why something as small as a grain of sand can be visible. There are lots of these floating about, whether from the formation of the solar system, or from a passing comet (usually the cause of meteor showers).

Billions of years on, there is less big ones floating about, although they are there, and there is a load of them sitting just past Mars orbit in the asteroid belt. Occasionally these big ones collide and send them hurtling off towards us.

The Earths atmosphere can only provide so much protection, and while car sized ones may burn up with the friction (or explode due to gases inside), occasionally these bigger ones can break through. Fortunately Earth is mostly covered by water, and they normally end up in Davey Jones locker.

The real big ones are rare, the last known one to hit Earth was in 1908 in Tunguska, and it caused a pretty big bang, we don't want one of them exploding over a populated area.

The really huge ones are a million year thing, and the Dinosaurs were the last ones to witness that.....ouch.

Are they actually meteors or comets? Or are we seeing visible light reflections of spacecraft flying by at high speeds? Are some of them lightcrafts?

Usually meteors (although some man made debris as well), Tunguska is now thought to have been a comet, so we don't want them hitting us!

Some that you see, solid light, no trail, going in a straight line then disappearing probably are man made gizmos floating around the Earth. I'm not sure what you mean by light craft.

If you are a scientist, please explain these things in your most understandable way. Is it that I just do not understand science very well? Or are these reasonable questions at all?

I am not a scientist, but I do take time to learn (Google can help too). Don't worry if you do not understand science, not everybody does, and it is never unreasonable to ask questions, you will never learn if you don't. Even Einstein asked questions.

Regards.
edit on 25/9/12 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   

hi MM

yes i m i guess one of the few who feel like you

lately i came across the ancient Vedic solar system model,
repeated in the middleages by tycho brahe,
claiming that 'the earth [+moon] is the centre of our solarsystem '
outreach.atnf.csiro.au...

and, guess what - it is VERY POSSIBLE: in spite of what 'science ' tell us
- the very reason, that "the sun has been placed in the middle ",
has happened after the deluge - it was then, that Ra came up,
and it was this, that started our current Holographic Matrix

...take a look - and imagine, in te upper-left corner,
that the lower circle is earth, and the upper circle the 'sun '
www.webpageexperience.com...
the created Visica is the area of Sorcery -
and you see, how the Sorcery starts to envelop earth
= the ' flower of life ' aka Sorcery Matrix

..also, check out Russell, and his cosmology of mirrors and consciousness

i m so proud on you !
at least you have the courage to speak out what is in your guts
- and not let it be murdered by false, ignorant 'science '

bless

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:18 AM
link   
sustaining it further:
this model - and lucifer, forming the Spell, the flower, around Earth -
is EXACTLY conform Scripture

..look up 'sumeru mountain ' aka ' axis mundi ' aka ' world spine ' aka ' djed pillar ' aka ' ladder '
they all denote the same -
that is: the Earth being *originally* in the MIDDLE:

and ALL the rest, revolving around, are but ILLUSIONS

[ not in the sense that they shouldnt be real bodies: but they sérve: not 'rule ' ]

again i applaud deeply your guts, and the courage to phrase it !

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:38 AM
link   
the Sorcery in Vesica - metatrons works -
www.weepeeple.com...

..hereby, declared, the flower of life exposed

as well as the vid series 'Spirit Science '

prrof that metatron/thoth/shiva/agni caused the vesica around earth, with help of the sun
[ rephrased: by 'getting the people to believe that the sún is the centre ]

www.nancyredstar.com...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
ancient Egypt says 'the firstborn of Khnum [the oldest deity, aka lucifer] and his 'wife '
is "Heqa "
that is : "Spell " , sorcery

...alike; the sumerian "Nanna", 'moon ', is the firstborn

makes sense: look, how the moon is exactly in the centre of the Visica

therefore, all witches and sorcery use the ' moon '

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Please do the following:

1. Switch of your computer.
2. Find where the nearest library is.
3. Spend a couple of weeks reading and learning about astronomy.
4. Create a new ATS account becasue you sure don't want any link to this nonsense when you have educated yourself on very very basic stuff.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Great, a holocaust denier. Well, just to let you know, I believe people who don't believe in the holocaust are idiots.

I agree, anyone denying the holocaust took place is clearly an idiot. This fellow, while being a little scientifically challenged, is neither an idiot nor a holocaust denier.

Questioning the numbers attributed to the death camps should be a basic thing, considering the amount of times that death toll has changed over the years, and the simple physical impossibility of the efficiency of the system in place. The 6 million number that people throw around, which is of course talking specifically about the final solution and the Jews of eastern Europe, existed before the Nazis, and in fact, was bandied around during WWI.

The holocaust happened, there is no question about that in my mind. the death tolls attributed to it, however, leave enough room to ask questions without tarnishing the dogma surrounding it. WWII, and the liberation of those camps, was a defining moment in human history. The world changed based directly on those events. something this powerful and world changing should be examined from every angle.

Anyways.....

Back to the OP... You've made it clear that you question the science. ok, good, you are inquisitive, that's a great thing. Be careful that you don't dip into ignoring the science, instead of questioning it, many fall into that trap around here.

As well, since you question the science that has been explained time and time again in this thread, could you kindly give us your opinions on this stuff?

what do YOU think shooting stars are? really.. no joke
Why do YOU think the planets shine?
What mechanism of physical process do you believe manifests in lights coming from planets and stars?

Because right now, it just feels like you wanted to waste a bunch of peoples time.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
4. Create a new ATS account becasue you sure don't want any link to this nonsense when you have educated yourself on very very basic stuff.

Wrong. He had the guts to openly admit his lack of knowledge and he was asking.

This is WAY BETTER than the tons of people who spout nonsense all the time despite their ignorance!
He denied his "ignorance", he did the right thing. He has no reason to be embarrassed.

edit on 25-9-2012 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
By the way, there are things i don't know...

I might know a lot about computers, astronomy etc....but i might know # about, say, car engines.
There is a difference now asking, "hey, i am totally confused, i have no idea where to fill in the oil, how to change a tire etc." - OR make everyone believe i am the biggest pro when it comes to car engines even if i know literally # about it.

This is the problem, when ignorant people embrace their own ignorance...or are ignorant about their ignorance. And who knows, the OP might not know about shooting stars or comets, but he might know about other things you or me have no clue about?!

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

The Moon shines at night.. Does that mean its a large spaceship just hovering around the Earth? Cmon dude, get back to common logic.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

He didn't deny the holocaust in that sentence, he questioned the death toll, as have many others.

To deny the holocaust would be an insult to those who died/suffered as a result of it, but to question if TPTB gave us the real figures, and not a greater figure to make it sound even worse (if that is possible)....well......

Where the hell did the holocaust get brought up in this thread? Firstly, as much as the Holocaust happened, it doesn't explain why we cannot remember the other 60 million people around the Jews who also lost their lives in the war, in camps and of course other incidents. It has also been claimed the roughly 165,000 Jews were in the NAZI army.. Maybe they should blame themselves...

Second, Why the hell is it a big deal now anyway? It happened 70 years ago.. Deny it or not, it aint going to bring all thse people back from the dead. Time to move on and worry about the problems we are facing right now, at this very moment.

Third, Why was Palestine punished for the Holocaust? If that is the way Jews treat other people, then maybe hitler was on to something.... For all we know, the very Jews who helped the NAZIS are the ones in control is Israel right now.. Or related in some stupid way.

Fourth, This thread is about meteors, Comets, Planets etc.. Did someone find a holocaust in space or something??

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

I agree it was off topic, I was responding to a post by somebody else. Sorry for any confusion, just defending a poster against a personal attack really.

Regards.

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by patmac573
reply to post by rhinoceros

I do believe that you need to look into the car he provided power to with "THE LITTLE BLACK BOX" and then you tell me that he did NOT provide proof of wireless power my friend!

What car? I have seen that picture of Tesla holding a burning light bulb in the middle of a field, but what does wireless energy transfer have to do with "free energy"?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join