It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sex of a Planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Whoa, that's actually kind of a weird looking title...

So do planets really have a gender? I mean we've all heard of the whole "Men are from Mars and women are from Venus" thing, but what actually gives a planet it's gender? Or... are all planets considered female while all stars are considered male?...
Earth (Planets) is a Feminine element and Fire (Stars) is a Masculine element.

Does it depend on how fertile a planet is, or whether it's a gaseous planet or a rocky planet that determines the sex? Or is it more of an energy thing? Mars for example is apparently a masculine planet, but what if Mars was like Earth in the past? Does that mean that Mars was once a feminine planet and has now completely changed into a masculine planet?

Anyway, just throwing it out there.

After taking another look at the title of this thread I now have a mental image of two planets humping each other.......

And one more thing... if the sun is our father and Earth is our mother, then who is our annoying drunk uncle?... Jupiter? Probably Jupiter...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   
would a planet be asexual?

Asexuality - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AsexualityAsexuality (sometimes referred to as nonsexuality), in its broadest sense, is the lack of sexual attraction to others or the lack of interest in sex. It may also be ...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm gonna go ahead and say Earth, Gaia, Terra, whatever is one smokin hot female

I mean...70% covered in deep beautiful blue oceans, towering red woods, mountain lakes, and she's fertile and protects us from the heat of the masculine sun

Plus words like Gaia and Terra would most likely lead toward the feminine in Spanish and many other languages

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Technically speaking, all the celestial bodies in our solar system are male with the noted exception, Venus.

I believe we have the Romans to thank for such as the planets are all named for Gods(or visa versa).

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Nurelic

Saturn is that cool step sister you feel bad about because you keep looking at her moons. Pluto, the runt of the litter.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Im sure you already know that you ascribing Anthropomorphic traits to something that doesnt have them, planets are all gender neutral as they don't have sexual or social roles that we could ascribe a gender to.

If I was going to spit ball your concept a bit though then I guess what would make a planet "female" would be its ability to produce life, in which case Earth is the only female planet that we know of at the moment

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I suppose so...

I wonder which planet is the gay one.......... Uranus?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

Originally posted by freedomSlave

I suppose so...

I wonder which planet is the gay one.......... Uranus?

BWAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
2nd

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
I'm gonna go ahead and say Earth, Gaia, Terra, whatever is one smokin hot female

I mean...70% covered in deep beautiful blue oceans, towering red woods, mountain lakes, and she's fertile and protects us from the heat of the masculine sun

Plus words like Gaia and Terra would most likely lead toward the feminine in Spanish and many other languages

Oh absolutely. No doubt about it.

Earth is one sexy seductive sphere...
And ya know what...... something tells me Earth kinda likes it rough.....

Dirty Terra...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Im sure you already know that you ascribing Anthropomorphic traits to something that doesnt have them, planets are all gender neutral as they don't have sexual or social roles that we could ascribe a gender to.

If I was going to spit ball your concept a bit though then I guess what would make a planet "female" would be its ability to produce life, in which case Earth is the only female planet that we know of at the moment

Or maybe Earth is the only female in the solar system that is mature or young enough to produce life. Or mybe the other planets have produced life, but it's just in another frequency.

Interesting to think about though. Maybe our entire universe is female, with the sun's being the male energy bursting through from the male universe that is mounted up on her. Tearing her a new one.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

And maybe the rays of the sun are like streams of semen that penetrate the Earth.....

um... is anybody else getting oddly aroused here?...........

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by billy197300

Saturn is that cool step sister you feel bad about because you keep looking at her moons. Pluto, the runt of the litter.

I heard a rumor that her moons are fake... If that turns out to be true then... well, I'm still ok with that.

Looks like Saturn might have a new nickname.... "Saline Saturn"

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nurelic

Originally posted by billy197300

I heard a rumor that her moons are fake... If that turns out to be true then... well, I'm still ok with that.

Looks like Saturn might have a new nickname.... "Saline Saturn"

Her moons are fake. Yes sir. Big round luscious fake moons. Yeah.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Speaking of which...we've people like necrophiliacs and dendrophiliacs, is there such a thing as a terraphiliac?

Anyone enjoy watching the Planet Earth series a little too much?

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Speaking of which...we've people like necrophiliacs and dendrophiliacs, is there such a thing as a terraphiliac?

Whoa... good question. I'm sure it's an actual thing. You may have just created a new word there...

Yeah that Planet Earth series was pretty erotic at times....

Episode 11 was "Ocean Deep". I believe that aired right before "Debbie Does Dallas"...

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
It is obscure information that is relatively hard to come by on the web, but Ptolemy's, astrological system does assign gender to the planets...

Masculine Planets= Saturn, Jupiter, Mars, Sun.

Feminine Planets= Neptune, Venus, Moon.

Mercury has no assigned sex (hermaphroditic?)

www.kepler.edu...

www.astrologyweekly.com...

It all works in conjunction with planetary aspects and differentials of 'moistness' and 'dryness'. Ptolemy saw astrology as a medical application.

Tetrabiblos.

X.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Xoanon

hmm... interesting. Thanks for the info Xoanon.

So moistness and dryness play a factor into the gender... Makes sense I suppose. "Dead" and dry planets like Mars are more masculine and the ones that are more "alive" that have more moisture and can harbor life more easily are more feminine.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I honestly believe it is all backwards, Our Sun, Sunna, is Female (active) and Earth is Male (active). Here's my theory.

All suns are Female. Some are active, some are not of age, some are no longer active, and some were not strong enough to produce children. Maybe at a cycle setting of giving birth or maybe random. We haven't been around long enough to experience it in this source of understood recorded history, nor have we been looking long enough to watch an entire cycle as of yet.

A sun will give birth to a planet it may be molten matter or concentrated gasses. Male planets are rock type and Females are Gaseous type. The new planet is thrown out into a birthing ring where it begins to become a planet. It is nurtured by its Mother until it is ready to head out on its own, denoted by how it forms and at what speed so time is variable. It is still held in its Mothers warm embrace but off to begin its cycle of life. It cools and forms an outer crust or its gasses form.

When the sun is ready to give birth again its newborn enters into the birthing ring. When this planet is ready it is pushed out by its mother forcing the older sibling to move out and so on. All this assuming the sun does not have twins. Some Moons are created by the 'throw off' of gaseous planets and are sometimes caught in the gravitational pull of a Male planet other times they continue on forming comets and asteroids.

Each planet goes through the golden ring, this area or ring depends on the sun and its stage of life. This ring develops life on the Males and brings the Females into maturity awaiting their birthing process. Males that are pushed out beyond the gravitation of its mother drifts off to find another gravitational connection and becomes a moon, runs into a sun fertilizing it to begin a new birth cycle, or violently runs into another planet.

A Female will enter its fertile period it breaks apart and spreads out like the petal of a flower does. It reaches out for that spark that ignites her and she becomes a sun. Most often this happens once it has been released from the gravitational pull of its Mother, but from time to time one is ignited early creating a dual sun, or more, solar system.

Its every day life out there. "There are best of times and there are the worst of times"(loosely quoting "Tale of Two Cities". Accidents do happen you know. Planets can collide, solar systems can collide, "etc. etc. etc."(quoting "The King and I")

Once in a while that fertile ring produces life on Males and some even become conscious of them selves and develop. Which I think is what happened to Mars. I think that the conscious civilization developed far enough to recognize the birthing push was coming, left the planet and awaited for Earth to become hospitable, most likely by guiding its development through DNA seeding. When ready, they descended to Earths surface and began eliminating the competition as the most dominant species. Eventually they lost their technology do to the specialization of work. Secrets were lost and equipment began to disappear forcing the people to learn to make things from the land and eventually was long sense forgotten. A vastly small amount of life in the golden ring reach the point to be able to save their species threw gaining understandings of space travel/exploration. Making it possible that there are some out there buzzing around but that is a subject for another thread.

I think that Sunna, with her labor pains as of late, is about to birth a Female. What does that mean for us? Well the birthing ring is open, so there will be no push per say, but the radiation released during the birth will hit us hard. Speculations abound about what would happen to us. One side some think it will wipe out all life on Earth. Another thinks it will cause the next evolution of the Human mind, And still another thinks it will do nothing. The answer may come in time.

edit on 22-9-2012 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Wow

Well, I must say, whether your right or wrong, that detailed lengthy post got a big star from me. Well done.

So suns birth out planets? How exactly does that work and what would it look like? And what makes gaseous planets female and rocky planets male?

posted on Sep, 24 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I think earth would be classified as a woman. She needs energy from the sun also to support life but could survive on her own, taking care of us for a little while by releasing energy through different means. Trouble is she takes fourty or fifty years to make changes. That could put us into extinction.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join