It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous! Senate just voted overwhelmingly against stopping foreign aid. 81-10

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by wardk28
Well at least ONE of my senators has the balls to stand up and say enough. To be honest though, did they really think it was gonna pass through?

lol, no.

Rand wasn't expecting a win but he did say that the senators will have hell to pay when they go back to angry voters that lobbied them to support this bill.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by VikingWarlord
Absolutely disgusting. This country is bleeding out, yet only a few actually care about trying to stop it before the inevitable. We need to take care of our own first before worrying about anybody else. A truly sad state of affairs.

If you change what you wrote slightly and apply it to politicians, it makes more sense:

We need to take care of our own interests first before worrying about anybody else.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
ahh.. theyre keeping all the tyrants and dictators around the world employed as without american support theyd be tossed out on their arses... lets not forget big brother amerika must help psychotic little brother israel commit genocide and keep stalag gaza open for oppression...

People here have a funny idea about that. No one believed me when I said we were actually friends with Saddam and he even had the keys to the city of Detroit. He did.. wasnt hard to google. I was alive then, so I remember it. We were friends with Gaddafi and in reality, his people were well taken care of.. no one here bothered to check into that either. WIth this rogue govt.. folks who are our "friends" better watch their backs. They have a funny way of dying in pretty unpleasant ways.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Its going to depend on how much media time this vote gets. I will plaster this on Facebook even though people pretty much ignore my politics.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by Expat888
ahh.. theyre keeping all the tyrants and dictators around the world employed as without american support theyd be tossed out on their arses... lets not forget big brother amerika must help psychotic little brother israel commit genocide and keep stalag gaza open for oppression...

People here have a funny idea about that. No one believed me when I said we were actually friends with Saddam and he even had the keys to the city of Detroit. He did.. wasnt hard to google. I was alive then, so I remember it. We were friends with Gaddafi and in reality, his people were well taken care of.. no one here bothered to check into that either. WIth this rogue govt.. folks who are our "friends" better watch their backs. They have a funny way of dying in pretty unpleasant ways.

I'm sure people conveniently forget that Osama was a CIA asset too.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Rand Paul: "The Late Mubarak was worth 10 billion, I wonder how much of that was tax payer money."

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

And never looked into HIS background and family

Ah well, I hope I am not a friend of my govt these days. Id prefer not to have a "burial at sea".
Dont get me wrong.. I LOVE my country.. and her people ( every american.. even the dopes) and I love my cultural family.. but I will never support this regime nor the regime that rules my culture. I tell you what, when you wake up from your slumber and see the blood on your own hands in all of this.. you really want to show others. Its a shame they wont look. It may be the death of us.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Ah well, I hope I am not a friend of my govt these days. Id prefer not to have a "burial at sea".
Dont get me wrong.. I LOVE my country.. and her people ( every american.. even the dopes) and I love my cultural family.. but I will never support this regime nor the regime that rules my culture. I tell you what, when you wake up from your slumber and see the blood on your own hands in all of this.. you really want to show others. Its a shame they wont look. It may be the death of us.

Osama's family were friends with the Bush family. lmao. I don't know if you want to start digging on that, it is a lot of depressing stuff.

Have you watched the speech from the OP? Rand brings a lot of shocking truths to light.

edit on 22-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Osama's family were friends with the Bush family. lmao. I don't know if you want to start digging on that, it is a lot of depressing stuff.

Have you watched the speech from the OP? Rand brings a lot of shocking truths to light.

I have.. deeply.

Oh yes.. I truly do like and agree with a LOT that Rand has to say.. and even Paul. A lot that Paul says actually. Unfortunately to be in politics that long.. he has played the game. I guess at this point Id just prefer a total purge of all politicians even if I agree with a thing here or there. The whole culture of our politicians is pretty repulsive. Ive been alive a while and have been through this nonsense for a while. I deal with my local politicians. They are all cut from the same dirty cloth. I used to think that it could be changed lttle by little from the inside. Now I just see it as a big bloated tick that if we dont get the head.. it will feed and we will bleed anyway. We are at critical mass here I think. Im not a fearmonger or chicken little, but I see it in my own home and dealings.. things are reaching a point where the head needs to be removed too.

I know Im in fantasy land here, but Id like to see them ALL gone.. and installing the average American by vote. Not lifetime game playing old regime. New blood.. folks with something to lose and who have invested in their own communities. No associations to "Ol Boys" who they can fall back on if they screw up. but must answer to the populace.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Here is the vote total with names of the criminals and where they reside.

YEAs ---10
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Lee (R-UT)
Moran (R-KS)
Paul (R-KY)
Risch (R-ID)
Roberts (R-KS)
Shelby (R-AL)
Toomey (R-PA)

NAYs ---81
Akaka (D-HI)
Alexander (R-TN)
Ayotte (R-NH)
Barrasso (R-WY)
Baucus (D-MT)
Begich (D-AK)
Bennet (D-CO)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Blumenthal (D-CT)
Blunt (R-MO)
Brown (D-OH)
Brown (R-MA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Cardin (D-MD)
Carper (D-DE)
Casey (D-PA)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coats (R-IN)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Coons (D-DE)
Corker (R-TN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Durbin (D-IL)
Enzi (R-WY)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Franken (D-MN)
Gillibrand (D-NY)
Graham (R-SC)
Hagan (D-NC)
Harkin (D-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hoeven (R-ND)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inouye (D-HI)
Isakson (R-GA)
Johanns (R-NE)
Johnson (D-SD)
Johnson (R-WI)
Kerry (D-MA)
Klobuchar (D-MN)
Kohl (D-WI)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (ID-CT)
Lugar (R-IN)
Manchin (D-WV)
McCain (R-AZ)
McCaskill (D-MO)
McConnell (R-KY)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Merkley (D-OR)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Portman (R-OH)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Sanders (I-VT)
Schumer (D-NY)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shaheen (D-NH)
Snowe (R-ME)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Tester (D-MT)
Thune (R-SD)
Udall (D-CO)
Udall (D-NM)
Warner (D-VA)
Webb (D-VA)
Whitehouse (D-RI)
Wicker (R-MS)
Wyden (D-OR)
Not Voting - 9
Boozman (R-AR)
Boxer (D-CA)
Burr (R-NC)
Heller (R-NV)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Kirk (R-IL)
Murray (D-WA)
Rubio (R-FL)
Vitter (R-LA)

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
We had to relocate to Il.. unfortunately. I dont even have to look, that crook Durbin surely is on your list.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

We had to relocate to Il.. unfortunately. I dont even have to look, that crook Durbin surely is on your list.

There are several Paul endorsed grassroots candidates running for high office.

Thomas Massie - congress
Kurt Bills - Senate
Ted Cruz - Senate
Kerri Bentivolio - congress
Justin Amash - congress re-election (great guy, proven record)
Art Robinson - congress
Chris Hightower - congress
Glen Bradley - congress

And many many more running for local office throughout the entire country (precinct committeeman, constables, water district, central committee, executive boards, delegations, etc...)

The Ron Paul rLOVEution is alive and well.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Something tells me these senators never paid mind to the old adage "Charity begins at home".

If we confined our "humanitarian efforts" in other countries to only providing food and medical care for the destitute and totally stopped all the "nation building" imagine how much money we'd have left to provide food and medical care for the destitute in our own country.

So much of our tax dollars goes to countries that do not need any help. And if our government thinks that giving so much money to these countries is making friends and building alliances they are either liars or fools! These countries have no problem smiling to our face and stabbing us in the back at the same time.

Watching the news is just like watching that movie "Mean Girls" only the mean girls are Pakistani, Egyptian, Libyan, etc.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

I already know. This country needs OUR money more than anyone else on this planet.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I think that their thinking is that money buys influence.

Maybe they will change their minds in November.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Isn't Rand Paul that idiot teabagger though? I heard that he's even crazier than Michelle Bachmann, and she's a complete nutcase.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

The Ron Paul Revolution got nowhere this year. Sorry, but it's time to face facts.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

Many of them are likely self-proclaimed Christians, nominally, and you can back that old adage up with scripture that's a little point blank:

1 Timothy 5:8 But if anyone does not provide for his own, and especially for those of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
Context Here. They ought to take care of their family, by their own pocketbook, then this nation, then the world. Seriously, that's sane.

But: at the same time, it's rare that you see the same type of poverty here as out there.

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

I'm with you. We're supposed to be one of the richest nations in the world and yet more and more people are homeless, starving, lacking basic medical care while our government gives billions of dollars to other countries in an unfruitful bid to buy their political favor.

I wonder how many homeless people these senators drove past on their way to vote this bill down? How many of them could have been helped by voting to keep our tax dollars at home? It's just sad!

posted on Sep, 22 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Its as if Rand Paul is fighting these traitors almost single-handedly...

You mean the same Rand Paul that endorsed Mitt Romney and voted for sanctions against Iran? That isn't a "traitor" to you? He's no better than the rest of them.

So do you just blindly like people that Ron Paul supports?

Because Ted Cruz is a goldman sachs candidate, you might as well support Obama.

www.opensecrets.org...

edit on 22-9-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join