It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS orders 200,000,000+ more rounds of zomgwtf ammunition

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
One key clue about the government's agenda has always been looking at where it's (discreetly) spending its money.

Just when you thought that lovable DHS was satisfied with their recently ordered 1,200,000,000 rounds of hollow point ammunition (and rounds that can penetrate walls), they decided they needed some good sniper and rifle ammunition too.

Source and Gov solicitation 1, Gov solicitation 2

.308 caliber 168 grain bullets are the ammunition of choice for experienced law enforcement snipers.

The 200 million rounds of .223 bullets are also very likely being intended to be used in sniping operations. They're a popular round for it.

ETA: Due to recent responses I should add that such caliber hollow point rounds are outlawed by the Geneva convention for wartime use. That means these rounds can only be used in one place by one department (DHS) that has authority over that 1 place (guess where).
This order comes around the same time QE3 was announced. They must know the economic collapse and hyperinflation is going to be even harder & faster now after the stock market bubble explodes and the Fed floods in $40 billion in newly printed fiat money a month, so the DHS wants to be well prepared.

But I never understand why, on the recent DHS threads, nobody wants to give it much attention. Do you think they're not going to use all of these very lethal bullets? Do you know what DHS stands for? There's a part in there called "Homeland". Oh well, now I know why large, "disposable coffins" have been being stockpiled.

edit on 21-9-2012 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
considering i read somewhere that in iraq to kill one "insurgent" it took on average 250,000 shots fired, i think the dhs is under supplied.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Quick anybody got a dead horse?? I got the whip!!

The only thing worse than hash is RE-HASH

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
That's not too much. NYC cops fire off that many rounds a year don't they?

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell

Said in a much nicer way than I would have..Seriously, how many times do we need to see the same story over and over and over again? They ordered ammo, so what..Theres not a goddamned thing you or anybody else can do about it...All this hoopla over ammo..Take guesstimate as to how much ammo the military has stockpiled...Nobody seems to worry about that..If the big bad evil government wanted to "enslave" us citizens as you geniuses believe, they'd have no reason to publicly order ammo
edit on 21-9-2012 by TheLonewolf because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
considering i read somewhere that in iraq to kill one "insurgent" it took on average 250,000 shots fired, i think the dhs is under supplied.

"Insurgents" didn't use our government's farmed food, our government's electricity, our government's hospitality, weren't on our government's identity lists, and weren't anywhere near as sedentary as Americans. Also, they often killed dozens of other people along with that "insurgent".

Apples and oranges.

Originally posted by mikellmikell

Your attempt to sound clever came off as naivety at its best.

Let's just ignore it, huh? That'll make it go away.
edit on 21-9-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Not saying that this is a direct comparison/contradiction as while .308 is one of the most common "sniper", (I perfer "designated markesman" as "sniper" has taken on super mythical proportions) round, it's also the most popular hunting round too. And rifle competition round.

The .223 is used primarily in AR-15/M16/M4 and other varients. Got to equip those tacticool teams.

While I think there is solid concern over these purchases in a civil unrest situation, I still think it's primarily a hedge against inflation over the next couple of years, and is primarily for training. Agents and officers, depending on department and roles, can easily shoot THOUSANDS of rounds each in a year just training and qualifying. Even a basic officer training amount is about 650 or so rounds a year. For a tactical team it could roll up into 10's of thousands a year.
edit on 21-9-2012 by SrWingCommander because: additional info

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Said in a much nicer way than I would have..Seriously, how many times do we need to see the same story over and over and over again? They ordered ammo, so what..Theres not a goddamned thing you or anybody else can do about it...

How many threads are started on ATS that we are powerless over? Most are. What's your point? Being informed is all this site is about, not about trying to fix things. What are you going to do about the Federal Reserve's private little Gestapo? Or the DOJ's emails to Media Matters? Nothing.

All this hoopla over ammo..Take guesstimate as to how much ammo the military has stockpiled...Nobody seems to worry about that..If the big bad evil government wanted to "enslave" us citizens as you geniuses believe, they'd have no reason to publicly order ammo

First off, it's the DHS who is doing the stockpiling. A federal agency that deals exclusively with internal affairs. Secondly, such caliber hollow point rounds has never been stockpiled by the US military. The Geneva convention has outlawed these ammunitions for wartime use. That means these rounds can only be used in one place and one situation by one department who has authority over 1 place. I'll give you some time to figure out where that is.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
No one is concerned. They have not been and will not be until its too late. Those that think this is paranoia are not concerned because they think that the law will still be on their side.

I have been concerned with this for a while, but sorry to say no one cares.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
This really sounds more like an arms manufacturer is in bed with someone high up in DHS, rather than an end of the world scenario (from what I read of it last time).

DHS being the agency where one of the top members during its initiation had a degree from a diploma mill...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
As I understand it the reason you see purchases of such large quantities is to lock in a price for a duration of say 5 to 10 years. The companies they are ordering this ammo from aren't forking over the ammo all at once but over a period of time, hence why you see numbers like 200 million (but conveniently without the duration of the order). Also purchasing a bulk quantity of ammo for snipers is generally bad form as any two rifles even if "identical" will likely operate differently on the same ammo, when it comes to real precision shooting hand loads tailored to the individual gun will pretty much always trump off-the-shelf ammo

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
If you're not in the "1%" club then you should be concerned. If you're not concerned now then you won't be until there's a bullet tearing through your skull after you go on a rampage due to being squeezed out by the incoming hyperinflation as a result of QE3 and when every type of bubble (especially the stock market bubble)...pops.

PS I'm in that 1%. So good luck.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Maaaaaaaate, you failed as soon as you used infowars as a source .

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wewillnotcomply666
Maaaaaaaate, you failed as soon as you used infowars as a source .

If you bothered to look at the links within the source you'd see the information Infowars provides comes from www.fbo.gov and straight from the DHS.

www.fbo.gov...

The DHS Immigration and Customs Enforcement requires the following items, Exact Match Only, to the following:
LI 001, .308 168gr BT Match
176,000 ROUNDS of .308 caliber 168 Grain hollow point (HP)(match grade)

With other ammunition specifics found within amendments.
www.fbo.gov...

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasonicFantom
If you're not in the "1%" club then you should be concerned. If you're not concerned now then you won't be until there's a bullet tearing through your skull after you go on a rampage due to being squeezed out by the incoming hyperinflation as a result of QE3 and when every type of bubble (especially the stock market bubble)...pops.

PS I'm in that 1%. So good luck.

Finally, someone who gets it.

I said it many times in this thread alone already, so won't repeat it. The intended use of the ammunition is blatantly obvious, if not singular, and the economic collapse is inevitable at this point. QE3 is insanity. The DHS is only responding to the Federal Reserve's actions.

ETA: I just edited in more info into the OP so that I don't have to keep explaining the basics. You are all on your own now!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by MasonicFantom

Not really I just shoot alot and thats not alot of rounds. Just an FYI
edit on 21-9-2012 by mikellmikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

1.4 billion being a lot or not is arguable.

But if you're not worried about the quantity (and these aren't machine gun rounds we're talking about where quantity is less worrisome), then it's what type of bullets they are ordering and who is ordering them that should concern you.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

I have a friend that works with jacket inspection and that indeed is a lot of bullets....

Peace, NRE.

Here is a tip for those that think that this may be a small amount of ammo. Those that claim to have firearm experience will (if they need to disclaim) that its not enough, but they leave in packaging and bullet size.

They know, and dont want to say.

Peace, NRE,.
edit on 21-9-2012 by NoRegretsEver because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLegend

Originally posted by TheLonewolf
Said in a much nicer way than I would have..Seriously, how many times do we need to see the same story over and over and over again? They ordered ammo, so what..Theres not a goddamned thing you or anybody else can do about it...

How many threads are started on ATS that we are powerless over? Most are. What's your point? Being informed is all this site is about, not about trying to fix things. What are you going to do about the Federal Reserve's private little Gestapo? Or the DOJ's emails to Media Matters? Nothing.

All this hoopla over ammo..Take guesstimate as to how much ammo the military has stockpiled...Nobody seems to worry about that..If the big bad evil government wanted to "enslave" us citizens as you geniuses believe, they'd have no reason to publicly order ammo

First off, it's the DHS who is doing the stockpiling. A federal agency that deals exclusively with internal affairs. Secondly, such caliber hollow point rounds has never been stockpiled by the US military. The Geneva convention has outlawed these ammunitions for wartime use. That means these rounds can only be used in one place and one situation by one department who has authority over 1 place. I'll give you some time to figure out where that is.

THANK YOU. I was hoping someone would say that. Even so , i still dont think most will understand what you mean lol.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I thought those were grave liners. Nearly 2 1/2 people die each year. www.cdc.gov...
The manufacturer has to stage inventory somewhere.

Lots of them need a grave liner. These keep dirt from collapsing the coffin and thusly keeping the dirt above it from collapsing, keeping everything above nice and neat.

I just don't think these are any kind of coffins for multiple people. There's just nothing to see here. '

About the ammo. I keep hearing that they don't use hollow point for practice, but theydo . I have a close relatiec who works for DHS. I ask him myself about that ammo. He said they do use it for practice. He is concerned about those FEMA camps, what with the barbed wire facing inward...

I've had a very bad feeling that I cna't explain since 2010. So I have much more food and ammo now, and grow food. Chickens in the spring. As I'm typing this, my solar power system is running things....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join