It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big Pharma, GMO & The Lies You've Been Fed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Afternoon folks.

You know what really grinds my gears ATS? The idea that genetically modified foods or Big pharma, are good and wholesome and represent advances in science and technology that we should be happy and proud of.

The truth of the matter, is the more we study these things, the more we realize that they are a detriment to our health.

This idea behind this thread resulted in this story I ready today. Here is a brief snippet.

Source< br />

The global pharmaceutical industry has racked up fines of more than $11bn in the past three years for criminal wrongdoing, including withholding safety data and promoting drugs for use beyond their licensed conditions.

In all, 26 companies, including eight of the 10 top players in the global industry, have been found to be acting dishonestly. The scale of the wrongdoing, revealed for the first time, has undermined public and professional trust in the industry and is holding back clinical progress, according to two papers published in today's New England Journal of Medicine. Leading lawyers have warned that the multibillion-dollar fines are not enough to change the industry's behaviour.

This is SHOCKING to say the least and when governments are presented with this sort of information, these companies should be fully investigated and those who made these decisions, as in the executives and board members and even the major shareholders should be held responsible. Both financially and criminally.

Much like the problems we see on Wall Street where corruption scandal after scandal occurs, yet nobody ever goes to jail. They simply pay fines. This makes my blood boil and originally this thread was written in mostly all caps.

Let me say it again as I've repeated it many times before.

There is a consorted effort by those in the drug industry to make you sick, so that they may have a reason to treat you.

This is undeniable. I base this assertion on the mountains of evidence both scientific and statistical regarding our current state of health globally, as well as the actions and reactions of the companies involved.

How many cures for diseases have been bought and shelved? How many drugs have come out that needed to be recalled and lawsuits filed for deadly side effects up to and including death.

Various documentaries produced over the last decade show that time after time, the industry goes out of it's way to supress negative information about the products they rush to market.

Making A Killing Documentary.

Now not only do they attack us with all this medication, now they are targetting out food.

To be clear, for full disclosure, I believe that companies like Monsanto are some of the most insidious and evil on the planet. I believe that they must be shut down, their assets divested and the people in charge thrown in jail for criminal acts against humanity and nature.

GMO foods are unsafe for human consumption. The mroe research we see, the more we prove that this is exactly the reality we are dealing with. Are there benefits to some GMO foods? I'm sure there are.

However there is not nearly enough research available that proves that these are healthy. Now if the GMO foods are bad for us, how bad are they for the animals who eat it as well, which are then ofcourse consumed by us.

How is our arable land dealing with GMO foods? How is it going to effect our biodiversity in our crops over the long term?

These are all questions that MUST be answered before we allow these companies to feed us these products.

I'll leave you all with the following link:

50 GMO Health Concerns

You tell me if it's worth looking into further. You tell me whether we should allow Big Pharma to treat us the way they do, will reaping billions in profits.

What say you ATS?

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Strip the people who deceive us of their wealth and kick them to the streets, marking their forehead with the sign of the devil, the deceiver. This will teach the young not to deceive others. Mark the thieves with a similar mark to keep our young honest. Make it illegal for these people to get their mark removed. Anyone helping them remove the mark gets one of their own, and their wealth stripped away.

Aren't you guys glad I don't run this world
Maybe someday I will.
Fat chance in hell You say.... Well, right now this place is hell and I'm not skinny.
Maybe turning it into Eden would be nice for a change.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

It's looking more and more that prosecuting these companies and removing them from business is the only way to resovle this issue.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

The fines seem to act as big government bribes, it doesn't go to the people at all. We'll look away if you grease the palms of the government to pay for our salaries and expenses, you were good at contributing to our campaign. Slap Slap, bad boys.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
reply to post by rickymouse

It's looking more and more that prosecuting these companies and removing them from business is the only way to resovle this issue.

~Tenth

it is the only way although we both know they won't bring harm to the ones filling their campaign fund bucket.

again i'm reminded that we will never see this end unless they system crashes totally and we rebuild a new, this turd won't be polished.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Be mad at the companies, not the science.

Before a lot of the genetic advances we have today, diabetics would have to use pig insulin. Now, we can grow human insulin in E.coli. That would be considered a blessing by most diabetics.
Paclitaxel is a promising anti-cancer drug, but it is only found in pacific yew trees. It takes 30,000 pounds of bark to make 1 kilogram, but we are close to being able to grow it in E.coli.
Golden rice is alleviating vitamin A deficiency in underdeveloped areas.

Don't be quick to throw the baby out with the bathwater. This science can be very promising.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I've never been against the science, what I've been against is human test trials, that are marketed as treatment.

The vast majority of these drugs aren't properly tested, the result of those tests done are rarely provided in full detail and then the companie's act indignant when their victims demand reciprocity.

I'm 100% for research of GMO crops. RESEARCH ONLY, until we have the science to back up the claims that it's beneficial.

~Tenth

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MeesterB

I believe we are mad at companies, and scientists employed by said companies for knowing better and getting paid anyway to participate in the deception. If these "folks", representatives of science, are willing to sell their souls for a few dollars then they deserve the same regard as their masters. They make it all happen. What's the difference between a lobbyist for monsanto and a scientist employed by them who goes along to get along?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Yeah I jumped the gun a bit, and I didn't intended to put words in anyone's mouth. Just trying to keep it in perspective.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

When these penalties are issued, it is the stockholder that loses, not necessarily the people making the decisions to do deceit. When does this kind of practice end? Companies use the money of stockholders to hold the government at bay. There is safety in numbers, something that has been known a long time.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Good topic 10. Thanks for posting

I'm a firm believer that drug companies are mainly creating drugs to treat symptoms caused by other drugs as well as to create new ones.

I'm very skeptical about most of the "new" treatment drugs that have come out in the last 10 years or so. One simply has to listen to the list of side-effects they cause to quickly come to the realization that either
a) there's a common component to these drugs that's causing the similar effects
or
b) there's only 1 or 2 drugs and they're being marketed under different names for different treatments.

An example:
What side-effects do the following popular drugs exhibit:
Prozac, Paxil, Pexeva, Zoloft, Lexapro,

Answer:

Nausea
Dry mouth
Headache
Diarrhea
Nervousness, agitation or restlessness
Reduced sexual desire or difficulty reaching orgasm
Inability to maintain an erection (erectile dysfunction)
Rash
Increased sweating
Weight gain
Drowsiness
Insomnia

What else do they have in common?
You can't simply STOP taking it. You have to wean off of it. By design? Who knows. The question we should be asking is WHY does a list of drugs that are prescribed for different conditions contain the same side-effects?

Another piece to the puzzle and one that DIRECTLY relates to the FCC removing restrictions on mass-advertising by drug companies in the 80's, we now see some annoying "conditions" being classified as if they're this month's pandemic.
You know....
RLS or Restless Leg Syndrome. It used to be called "being Jumpy" or "had too much coffee".
IBS or Irritable Bowl Syndrome. I remember it as "the #s" or "too much to drink last night". It could also be called "I eat like crap so all I do is crap"

Don't worry though. There's a drug for it. And when that drug causes another "syndrome", there will be a drug for that too.

edit on 20-9-2012 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Rx companies will keep doing this because they have no motivation to stop and we keep paying for it in every sense of the word. They know it will make you sick, I am sure they build that into the price when they market it.
You start off going to the Dr for something or other and they prescribe you some overpriced drug, that gives you crazy side effects that send you back to the Dr. So he prescribes some more drugs that give you more side effects that send you back to the Dr. The Rx company cannot loose. By the time the lawsuit comes in or the recall gets done, you have gone from one problem to half a dozen-all being treated monthly and for the rest of your life. "Do not stop taking X drug or it will make you commit suicide or cut off your face." And the govt is Ok with that, as long as they get their cut. The Rx company has one of the biggest lobbys out there. The Rx companies lobby the govt and send the Drs on fabulous trips to keep their drug at the top of the most frequently prescribed pile. WHEW!!! RANT!! RANT!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
And the doctors! The doctors prescribe the drugs and when those drugs cause side-effects, the patients go back and the doctor prescribes them another drug. What happened to doctors wanting to actually fix what's wrong? Instead of saying, hey, take this pill, why can't they dig deeper to the cause of why they need that pill in the first place?

I won't say every illness or disease can be cured or symptoms alleviated without the use of modern medicine but here's an example that is common:

My husband went for a routine physical and discovered he had high cholesterol and high blood pressure (he was overweight and ate like crap.) So instead of the doctor telling him to eat better and lose weight, he was prescribed cholesterol and blood pressure meds. The blood pressure medication caused 2 side effects and so he was prescribed yet another 2 pills.

He wasn't having any of that, so he took it upon himself to lose weight and change his diet and now he has NO pills. Every time he goes back for a check up, his doctor insists upon giving him BP medication, even though his numbers are fine.

The drug companies are the dealers and the doctors are the street pushers.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
This reminds me of an article I just read about quality of healthcare and how doctors know its mostly bull and don't know what they're doing half the time.

Are Hospitals Less Safe Than We Think

I went to a doctor who did a dangerous and unnecessary procedure because as he said to the nurse who questioned the procedure and I overheard, "people come here because they want something to be done." Actually I just wanted to be sure I wasn't dying and since he knew I wasn't he should've just told me what was going on and sent me home. Last time I get any possibly dangerous procedure unless I'm sure it will help prevent further damage.
edit on 21-9-2012 by loucares because: link

new topics

top topics

join