It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths Unsolved X-files (Part 4)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+193 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Due to overwhelming support, encouragement and requests, here are another 5 cases for you to get your teeth into.
Forbidden Archaeology is certainly a favourite of mine so i'll start this posting from that genre'.
Enjoy...............

16. The Viking Lenses

These remarkable "lenses" (also called the Visby Lenses) were discovered in Viking graves on the Baltic Sea island of Gotland, Sweden. They have such unbelievable imaging properties that attempts to optimize their performance using computers has failed - pretty good considering they are over 800 years old!!
Do they remind you of something else that is steeped in mystery, is crystal like and also displays amazing manufacturing qualities (the Crystal skulls).

After several years of painstaking analyses, eyeglass experts have now confirmed that the ground rock crystal objects from the 12th century found in Swedish Viking graves were made almost to perfection.
If the lens is placed on a text page, the effect is the same as that obtained with a modern magnification glass measuring 5cm in diameter. It was not until the 17th century that mathematician René Descartes successfully made theoretical calculations about aspherical lenses. However, this precision technology was not known to have been used in practice before the 20th century.
So how did they develop such sophisticated optical devices 8 centuries ago? Researchers from the University of California at Berkeley now want to further investigate the sensational "Viking" lenses. It is generally believed that the unusual items were originally manufactured in Byzantium, where they were purchased or stolen by the Vikings.

Klaus Dona
Ancient-Hebrew.org
Wikipedia

17. The Black Forest Haunting.
Ahh......If you don't believe in ghosts, in the next 15 or so minutes you will !!

The Black Forest haunting is considered to be one of the strongest and most inexplicable hauntings on record. When Steve Lee and his wife Beth discovered a large log home in the Black Forest region of northern Colorado in 1991, they rented it and then purchased it one year later.
Within a few weeks of signing the papers on their dream home, strange things started to occur. Lights and household appliances began to turn on and off, and they heard what sounded like people running across their roof. At night, the couple could hear orchestra music playing and chains rattling. Their sons complained of shadowy figures and odd lights in their room, too.
The entire family began to suffer with burning eyes and throats from untraceable chemical odors. Steve Lee quickly decided someone was playing tricks to spook them from their new home, so he decided to fight back. He installed a video surveillance security system with motion detectors to retaliate. However, the system would sound alarms when no one was around.
There were also sixty-two unexplainable break-ins at the property. The local sheriff’s department opened an investigation in early 1993 but could never find evidence of any crime............unsolved-mysteries.com.

haunted-places.com

18. The Shag Harbour UFO Incident
Military testimony, authentic and multiple eyewitness accounts? - better call in the weather balloon brigade!

The Shag Harbour UFO Incident was the reported impact of an unknown large object into waters near Shag Harbour, a tiny fishing village in the Canadian province of Nova Scotia on October 4, 1967.
The impact was investigated by various civilian (Royal Canadian Mounted Police and Canadian Coast Guard) and military (Royal Canadian Navy and Royal Canadian Air Force) agencies of the Government of Canada. The RCN conducted at least one underwater search to attempt to locate the remains of any associated objects. The Government of Canada declared that no known aircraft was involved and the source of the impact remains unknown to this day.
It is one of very few cases where government agency documents have formally declared an unidentified flying object was involved. Several military witnesses that were interviewed, including a RCN diver involved in the search, have claimed an alien spacecraft was responsible.[citation needed] It was also claimed by several of the witnesses that units of the United States armed forces were involved in the search. The case was also briefly investigated by the U.S. Condon Committee UFO study, which offered no explanation.

Wikipedia
Ghosttheory.com

19. The Taos Hum
This one I touched on the other day in this thread but its worth repeating due to its global reach - what are those sounds people keep hearing?

The Taos Hum is perhaps the most famous of the “Hum Phenomenon” that is experienced in various locations around the world. In brief, a “hum” appears to be a low frequency sound with a rhythmic pulse to it.
Many of the people that have claimed to hear or suffer from this humming have apparently claimed that it sounds like a “far away diesel engine”. It’s named after the town of Taos in New Mexico where it is claimed that it is quite common to hear it. In fact, it was so common that the good citizens and sufferers banded together in 1993 and petitioned the American Congress to investigate the source of this annoyance.

Wikipedia
Aquiziam.com
qsl.net

19. Aussie Time Slips
Jenny Randles, one of my favourite authors, covers these three stories in her book "Time Storms: Amazing Evidence for Time Warps, Space Rifts and Time Travel". Hit the first link for the stories but here is a briefing on them...

A car is suddenly engulfed in a strange mist and its shocked driver gets out, wipes the windscreen, hops back in and drives off … seemingly oblivious to the three witnesses watching in astonishment close by.

A family driving to the Barossa Valley passes through a town, just as it must have been way back in the 1800s.

A farmer pulls on a pair of second hand khaki trousers and soon finds himself in the jungle witnessing the death of an Australian soldier at the hands of a Japanese sniper. Someone seems to have thrown a spanner in the works of time and space.

weirdaustralia.com
paranormal-about.com
Wikipedia

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Wonderfull, keep up the good work !!!

Now give me my 150 stars pretty please. =)))

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Thank you so much for posting these
I find them very interesting to read.

I bet the vikings stole them lol
edit on 19-9-2012 by criticalmindseed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Awesome!

Thanks for making a Part4, could there be a Part5 in the works????
Please!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I S&F you right away before I had a chance to read it so I'm going to be quick with this post.

OP, I honestly hope you keep doing what it is you're doing. There is so many mysterious out there that needs to be spread and heard of. Remember these two things;

If you ever feel overwhelmed with making these threads, take a break..
If you decide for any reason at all to give this up, we all support your decision..

Keep up the good work!

Now I can finally enjoy reading it. Peace.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Those viking lenses are beautiful! I am a bit of a rock/gem hound and i would give my right leg for one.

Just goes to show that our ancestors are not as dumb as some would like us to believe.

DC

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublimecraft

yes!! i love these things..these are the best things to come from ATS in years!! post like yours are the reason i became hooked on this site in the first place..more please!!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
For all your hard work on these threads, I award you the title of "Mulder", if there is a character named Mulder on here, change your name or outdo the OP!
Seriously, thanks alot, very interesting.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Wow! Great series, those viking lenses are pretty remarkable, and have never heard of them. I wonder what sort of resonance properties these lenses possess? Fascinating workmanship.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Sublimecraft...you are raising the ghost of ATS past...keep up the great work....

Thank You so much....this is a real mental health break from all the doom and gloom stuff of these past 6 months.

Des

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Once again an amazing thread from, very good stuff, please keep them coming!

This series has got me chomping at the bit for more. I have never even heard of most of these, and am interested to no end to see more.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Great compilation once again. I'm investigating the haunting story because those photos, unlike many photos of supposed spirits, are strikingly unambiguous.

#19 really doesn't belong imo. It's just hearsay from an author and does sound like something an author would fantasize about (coming from an author). I haven't read the links yet though so maybe there's some kind of evidence (?). I'll read more after finishing my gobs of neglected work.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Thanks for another great read!

I like to think my almost 200 stars has contributed to this.
I kid of course.

You could always keep up these threads as many are interested in the subject matter you bring.

Part 5, 6, 7...

S&F

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I luv these stories, therefore I encourage you to continue with your excellent series on Earths Unsolved X-files.

The Black Forest Hauntings freaked me out! lol
I found the Aussie Time Slips more than interesting due to the fact I've had similar experiences, maybe I'll do a thread on it one day...

Needless to say S&F!!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Hi I've read all for posts and they are wonderful! Very intriguing!

Thanks for your time and effort in compiling them....please keep them coming!

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   

BAM! You're on fire! Keep on keepin' on.

This is one of the reasons I joined ATS.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Thank you so much sublime. I read and research everything you post!!!! Quite interesting and really dries out the dullness in my life. All I ask for is MOAR MOAR MOAR. Keep up the good work brother.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Thanks everyone for the kind words - rest assured there are PLENTY more juicy stories up my sleeve and this will be a regular gig for me - once a week or thereabouts.
Like you have all said, this is what we came to ATS for - and I enjoy re-reading them as much as I do throwing them your way - by about Part 10, you'll understand why I'm a hyperactive OCD paranoid tin foil hat wearin conspiracy nutter - time for beer.

reply to post by TheLegend

I know, I know. I was tossing up whether to put that in or not - I figured, well, lets hammer it once and for all and be done with it. The thread I linked that was started on ATS last week had some pretty good arguments on both sides - so an X-File it is until ATS's best strip it down and get to the bottom of it once and for all - that means I'll expect the likes of your good self to weigh in on it!

reply to post by Destinyone

Thanks Des - it always makes me smile when you give me the thumbs up - that's 1 weekly serving of old school stuff coming your way mate.

reply to post by jude11

Ah Socrates what can I say - thanks again for your positive comments. I see everybody got the star message aye

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Standby for Part 5...............coming soon

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
I want to quote a text from another thread that made me smile and fits here:

Originally posted by schuyler
reply to post by jude11

Read the first thread and now looking forward to this!

Great stuff OP...Keep it up.

Peace

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the new "weird stuff thread".

This case of the viking lenses is very interesting but one question is not asked...(unless I did not pay attention)

What did they use them for...(shaping to such precision must be some other usage than juwelry)

Taking them lenses with them into Walhalla must be an indication that they must have been very precious and meaningful for these vikings.
edit on 20/9/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join