It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Orange chemical in GM war on resistant weeds

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Monstanto needs more than civil suits, but criminal cases brought against it and they all need long term jail terms.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

So they are planning on adding Agent Orange to their GMO corn toxic mix?

try to do a little research into what you are talking about befoer making yourself look stupid.

As the article states, 2,4-D was not actually the "problem" with agent orange, and it has never stopped being used worldwide.

Your post response is just sensationalist claptrap.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

try to do a little research into what you are talking about befoer making yourself look stupid.

As the article states, 2,4-D was not actually the "problem" with agent orange, and it has never stopped being used worldwide.

A part of your link: Genetically modified crops.

Genetically modified crops Dow has demonstrated soybean resistance to 2,4-D due to insertion of a bacterial aryloxyalkanoate dioxygenase gene.[3] This is intended as an alternative to Roundup Ready crops due to the increasing prevalence of glyphosate resistant weeds. Department of Agriculture approval is pending for a 2,4-D resistant corn.

The potential problem here is a repeat of the problems we're seeing with Roundup Ready crops. The soil in that case has become doused and poisoned with Roundup (glypgosate). Not only has this encouraged super weeds to thrive, but it has destroyed a lot of the micro-organisms in the soil, rendering it sick and sterile, and encouraging the emergence of pathogens that were never a problem before.

You bet it's a big problem, and it is not sensationalist to dig a little deeper than the propagandist nonsense the FDA and Monsanto and Dow are presenting.

If you look further in the same article that you yourself posted, you will notice that :

Mode of action:
2,4-D is a synthetic auxin, which is a class of plant hormones. It is absorbed through the leaves and is translocated to the meristems of the plant. Uncontrolled, unsustainable growth ensues, causing stem curl-over, leaf withering, and eventual plant death. 2,4-D is typically applied as an amine salt, but more potent ester versions exist as well.

If you recognize that these GM corn crops are being developed to withstand excessive application of 2,4-D, then the next reasonable step is to look at what exposure to this compound does. (And please don't use the excuse that it has never stopped being used worldwide. A lot of toxic chemicals are used worldwide and the profit becomes much more a deciding factor than the safety.)

Again, from your link:

Dioxin impurities:
Some preparations of 2,4-D are contaminated with dioxins due to the manufacturing process.[6] Tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (TCDD) is classified as "carcinogenic to humans" by International Agency for Research on Cancer.[7]

Contamination is predominantly of the type with 2 or 3 chlorine atoms. Another form of dioxin, 2,7-dichlorodibenzo-p-dioxin (DCDD) was found to be equipotent to dioxin TCDD in its toxic effect on the immunity of mice. TCDD received all the publicity while the DCDD component was largely forgotten.

To this day, DCDD is not regulated or monitored by the EPA and PMRA, even though DCDD levels could be at much higher levels than TCDD.[citation needed]

The typical smell of 2,4-D is the break-down product 2,4-dichlorophenol. 2,4-D is toxic to the liver at small dosages. Increases in liver function tests, jaundice, acute hepatitis, lobular and portal inflammation indicative of a toxic reaction, as well as permanent damage leading to cirrhosis in exposed golfers [8][9]

[10] The defoliant and herbicide Agent Orange, used extensively throughout the Vietnam War, contained 2,4-D. The controversies associated with the use of Agent Orange were associated with a contaminant (dioxin) in the 2,4,5-T component.[11]

No, they are not 'putting Agent Orange in our corn. They are dousing this GM corn with the active component of it.

I think it is evident that this is problematic. It's your choice whether you avoid eating this stuff, or you decide that all the dangers are sensationalist claptrap.

I know what my choice is and has been.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by JustSlowlyBackAway

they have ben "dousing (sic)" corn with one of het TWO active ingredients of agent orange "for ever" - 2,4-D has never stopped being used as a herbicide - did you miss that bit??

roundup got prefered for a while due to monsanto marketing resistent crops, and yes, weeds developing resistence to 2,4-D will almost certainly be a problem

But using "agent orange" as a scare tactic is sensationalist drivel - the problem with agent orange was not 2,4-D, it was contamination with dioxin as a result of poor procedures in the production of 2,4,5-T - 2,4-D had literally nothing at all to do with the problems caused by contaminated agent orange.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

You missed something? This is discussing their use of Agent Orange chemicals in the GMO. The most common form of GMO is with Round Up which comes from Agent Orange, is derived from it, and is deadly. Causes liver, kidney damage. And has 50 % mortality in male mice, and 70% mortality in females. (thats with the related Roundup)

This is sensational AND TRUTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we need to blow it sky high.

What part of this aren't you understanding?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.naturalnews.com...

www.biolsci.org...

Nothing to see eh, nothing to read, no studies, just move along and stop looking foolish in your eyes?

Sorry wouldn't comply if you paid a million bucks. Its an honor to serve and protect humans!

edit on 19-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

they have ben "dousing (sic)" corn with one of het TWO active ingredients of agent orange "for ever" - 2,4-D has never stopped being used as a herbicide - did you miss that bit??

roundup got prefered for a while due to monsanto marketing resistent crops, and yes, weeds developing resistence to 2,4-D will almost certainly be a problem

But using "agent orange" as a scare tactic is sensationalist drivel - the problem with agent orange was not 2,4-D, it was contamination with dioxin as a result of poor procedures in the production of 2,4,5-T - 2,4-D had literally nothing at all to do with the problems caused by contaminated agent orange.

They're not dousing it, its in the DNA of the corn, and plants, soya, etc. The milk is having it added in the US as and additive. This is in the DNA. Its GMO.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I didn't miss that bit. But it has been suspected of causing a host of illness, and the EPA was asked to remove it from the market. No surprise it didn't happen.

LINK

According to Beyond Pesticides, 2,4-D has been linked to "non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, endocrine disruption, reproductive and developmental effects, as well as water contamination and toxicity to aquatic organisms." Organic agriculture and lawn care can effectively replace the chemical, according to the group. Read more: www.thedailygreen.com...

The concern here is that when a crop that is genetically modified to resist a certain chemical is introduced, the likelihood of said chemical being used to excess is high. We saw it with Roundup Ready seed.

Profit drives the science, not safety. It seems no one is asking what the intense use of these chemicals does to the soil and water and soil micro-organisms; and what happens when we ingest a crop that has grown in a soil where years and years of overuse of herbicides.

It is taken up by the plant. We eat it. There is even evidence that some of the Bt crops transfer this soil bacterium to our guts, changing our gut flora.

The irony here is that 2, 4D works only on dicots (broadleaf plants.) Corn is a monocot, so why does it even need to be genetically modified if it is already not affected by this chemical? I don't understand, and would love to hear the explanation.

Profit, again? GM seeds are illegal to save from year to year. You must buy them each year from the company (in this case, Dow) who has the patent.

I hope you understand that we live in what it becoming a chemical toxic soup of an environment. Only in the US and Canada do you not get to know if what you're eating is GM. The rest of the world has either banned it outright, or insisted on labeling.

Your line of reasoning, I understand. But perhaps it might not be good to infer that because something is allowed to be used, that it is not harmful. Over and over again we see the EPA and the FDA look the other way or protect companies who are running amok and playing fast ans loose with our health.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
All the acceptance, and belief that if they OK something its not harmful, have just been massively disproved by non payroll scientists, who have found it ENORMOUS FRIGHTENING DEADLY HEALTH RISKS.

Repeat, Round Up GMO causes (long term use) 50 % mortality (male) and 70% mortality(female) in rats, (and if it does this to them, its really dangerous to us), 300% more tumors in different exposures.

Sensational, WOW its a biggy.

They are not dousing the corn, they are genetically modifying it, but dousing is the same horrible results.

Oh, I remember, it was the safe levels of roundup in the water that caused 300% more tumors, come to mention it.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
What I don't get is why the gmo folks are using agent orange derivatives to stop weeds from growing near the corn. There are plenty of plants that secret natural chemicals that prevent weeds from growing under them.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
What I don't get is why the gmo folks are using agent orange derivatives to stop weeds from growing near the corn. There are plenty of plants that secret natural chemicals that prevent weeds from growing under them.

1/ 2,4-D is not an "agent orange derivative, and
2/ Not on an industrial scale there isn't

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Agent Orange is the combination of the code names for Herbicide Orange (HO) and Agent LNX, one of the herbicides and defoliants used by the U.S. military as part of its herbicidal warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. Vietnam estimates 400,000 people were killed or maimed, and 500,000 children born with birth defects.[1] The Red Cross of Viet Nam estimates that up to 1 million people are disabled or have health problems due to Agent Orange.[2]

A 50:50 mixture of 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D, it was manufactured for the U.S. Department of Defense primarily by Monsanto Corporation and Dow Chemical. The 2,4,5-T used to produce Agent Orange was later discovered to be contaminated with 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzodioxin, an extremely toxic dioxin compound. It was given its name from the color of the orange-striped 55 US gallon (208 l) barrels in which it was shipped, and was by far the most widely used of the so-called "Rainbow Herbicides".[3]

Same brew of chemicals, intermixed and used by the US department of Defense, makes sense since Agent Orange was used not only as extreme torture of citizens, but was intended as defoliage of their crops.

Starvation warfare against citizens and against the Genova Convention. A weapon of mass destruction.

Used regularly in the US, banned in Canada.

They tend to classify Orange and Blue, but its the same grouping of horror and doesnt belong in our food chain or water systems at all.

Safe levels in the water as determined by US safety standards causes 300 tumor increases in rats. And the GMO causes 50% death in male rats and 70% death in female rats.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Agent Orange contains 2 4 D in its makeup.

pmep.cce.cornell.edu...

About 50%, or a major portion of its makeup.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Because my dear friend corn is used for many things and as specially corn starch. Corn starch is made from corn and it is used in many things like soups and liquid-based foods,sauces, gravies and custards.

Do not forget all the other types of starch that is used in pretty much most foods and the thing is the Elites know that some will catch on so.... they are going to be hitting the veggies and fruits now.

So.... once economy gets worse as it already is and can get a lot worse. What do you think people will be reaching for on the shelves of the shops ~ ???

That is saying that it is already taking place as we speak ~ !!!

You guessed it ~ !!! Canned foods, soups and all liquid based cheap foods. Which all will have some sort of starch in it. It is a perfect plan don't ya think ~ ???

Welcome to NWO where all food will be used to poison you and also I forgot to mention once the water supplies go. Do not and I repeat DO NOT ~ !!!! buy the bottled water rather find a way of filtration for the bad water from the taps. Trust me the crap that will be in bottled water is going to kill ya off.

There are monsters in this story book and every book has them so.... will we let them prevail ~ ???

Anyways...... I said enough Spock out ~ !!! Beam me out Scottie ~ !!!
edit on 19-9-2012 by The Magicians Apprentice because: WAFFLES ARE DELISCIOUS !!! yummmmmm
nom nom nom

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Yes, I do realize the corn derivatives in all the packaged and canned food. Just finding food without wheat for my son was hard enough for even tomato soup has wheat in it.

But, organic bread and flour. And tomato sandwhiches. Eggs and cottage cheese and if you can make it yourself even better.

Hardly eating and lots of organic vitamins.

And standing under the stars asking ETs to come in and clean up on all the elite ASAP!

Thats what I'm going to do. I suggest others follow suit.

I don't want to beam up, they can beam them up instead!

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

They're not dousing it, its in the DNA of the corn, and plants, soya, etc. The milk is having it added in the US as and additive. This is in the DNA. Its GMO.

No, the corn is genetically modified to withstand the spraying of glyphosates (RoundUp). The Roundup is the chemical manufactured by Monsanto that is being used to kill weeds where these RoundUp ready seeds grow.

It destroys the soil, and is what is known as a chelating agent, which kills by not allowing uptake of minerals or nutrients for the plants. It is NOT in the DNA of the plants. But the plants have genetically modified DNA to allow this to work. And, yes, they douse it. Use of Roundup is exponentially increasing. Because it has created super weeds, the farmers tend to just dump more on the soil year after year. To no avail. But the soil damage is being done, and the immune weeds continue to thrive.

But, the corn then has so much of the chemical in it that whatever eats it (or eats what eats it) is affected. Nasty stuff. Eating Roundup Ready soy and corn feeds has been tied to massive damage in animals. No studies have been done on humans. We are just being fed this stuff. How's it feel to be a lab rat?

Milk is not having Roundup added to it. Milk is also not genetically modified. Milk has been contaminated by an artificial hormone, artificial bovine growth hormone, which is sometimes known as rBGH. It is an injection given to cows that, along with ruining their health, causes mastitis, pus in milk, and is transferred to the milk and consumed by people who drink it. It has been linked to premature onset of puberty in girls and to several diseases. Thankfully, people are getting wise to this one and Walmart and Giant Eagle (among others) have refused to sell milk from cows where this has been used. ..because consumers refused to buy it. Money talks.

Some of the other frankenfoods are gene spliced with soil bacteria, which replicates itself in your gut if you eat these foods. It is linked to gut permeability and auto immune diseases.

Roundup Ready foods have been linked in rat studies to cancer, infertility (ever wonder why there are so many infertility clinics nowadays?), liver damage, kidney damage, and a lot of other things. Cattle and hogs on this feed suffer spontaneous abortions.

Pretty.

edit on 21-9-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-9-2012 by JustSlowlyBackAway because: I make so many typos, it's not funny.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
It's ok if this Genetically Modified Poison Crops kills Americans.

Obama has been giving +1 MILLION foreigners new US citizenship every year. They can keep this going on for Centuries and other people on Earth aren't going to figure it out.

They'll keep wanting to come to America for their free stuff.....Not knowing they will suffer a horrible painful death as these toxins and poisons eat them alive.

To keep a Empire going you have to sit back and admire the genius they came up with....Killing people makes money. Healthy people you can't create such a big economy and fund an Empire.

They know the risk is the Humpty Dumpty syndrome....if they destroy human DNA on Earth to the point it can't be fixed. They don't care. If humans can't reproduce anymore and have to get it done in a lab.....do you know how HAPPY that will make them? Eventually we will destroy our DNA to the point WE become the Grey Alienz.

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Odd how i stumbled across this. Agent orange is toxic to all life. I did mention agent orange in a thread called: When whales and dolphins disappear. And user Rodinus you are very smart and highly adaptive. I suggest you start a business. It don't matter what you do, you will live and learn and be successful.

posted on Feb, 23 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

unknown32
Agent orange is toxic to all life.

So is everything from water to sunlight....so what??

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join