It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Agent Orange chemical in GM war on resistant weeds

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Agent Orange chemical in GM war on resistant weeds

www.bbc.co.uk

A US pharmaceutical company is set to introduce a controversial new genetically modified corn to help farmers fight resistant weeds.

Dow Agrosciences says its new GM product will use a chemical that was once a component of the Vietnam war defoliant, Agent Orange.

It is needed they say because so called "superweeds" are now affecting up to 15 million acres of American crops.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
So they are planning on adding Agent Orange to their GMO corn toxic mix?

We are held hostage by this incredibly criminal group controlling the nation. Are they above the law?

What is it going to take to have them repair our planet and food crops, and get rid of their toxins?

en.wikipedia.org...

During the Vietnam War, between 1962 and 1971, the United States military sprayed nearly 20,000,000 US gallons (80,000,000 l) of material containing chemical herbicides and defoliants mixed with jet fuel in Vietnam, eastern Laos and parts of Cambodia, as part of Operation Ranch Hand.[4][5] The program's goal was to defoliate forested and rural land, depriving guerrillas of cover; another goal was to induce forced draft urbanization, destroying the ability of peasants to support themselves in the countryside, and forcing them to flee to the U.S. dominated cities, thus depriving the guerrillas of their rural support base and food supply.[5][6]

The US began to target food crops in October 1962, primarily using Agent Blue. In 1965, 42 percent of all herbicide spraying was dedicated to food crops.[6] Rural-to-urban migration rates dramatically increased in South Vietnam, as peasants escaped the war and famine in the countryside by fleeing to the U.S.-dominated cities. The urban population in South Vietnam nearly tripled: from 2.8 million people in 1958, to 8 million by 1971. The rapid flow of people led to a fast-paced and uncontrolled urbanization; an estimated 1.5 million people were living in Saigon slums.[7]

United States Air Force records show that at least 6,542 spraying missions took place over the course of Operation Ranch Hand.[8] By 1971, 12 percent of the total area of South Vietnam had been sprayed with defoliating chemicals, at an average concentration of 13 times the recommended USDA application rate for domestic use.[9] In South Vietnam alone, an estimated 10 million hectares of agricultural land were ultimately destroyed.[10] In some areas TCDD concentrations in soil and water were hundreds of times greater than the levels considered "safe" by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.[11][12] Overall, more than 20% of South Vietnam's forests were sprayed at least once over a nine-year period.[

This is equivalent to BP, and Coexist, which is toxic against the building blocks of life.

This has to be stopped!

www.bbc.co.uk

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
www.cbsnews.com...

Controversy flares over "Agent Orange corn"

...."We no idea what the cumulative effects are," says Gary Hirshberg, co-founder of a group called "Just Label It." " ... What happens when you're exposed to more than one, two or three, let alone thousands of chemicals?"...

Hirshberg has built a $400 million organic dairy business without using herbicides at all.

He says he's not against genetically modified food, but wants it to be labeled as such.

"I think if the average consumer understood the kind of chemical escalation going on out there, they would absolutely demand something quite different," Hirshberg says.

Agent Orange was a defoliant used to decimate the Southeast Asian jungles so the enemy couldn't hide.

This entire article sits on the fence, it touches on the concerns and opposition, and the call for labeling GMO, but also reports that they "think" this is not the part of agent orange that causes the defoliage and health risks of using the chemical.

OH REALLY? Why then, in their learned thinking, does it target weeds. How can a corn target weeds unless it emits something? Hmmm......?

This isn't safe for human consumption!

I won't be buying any corn, and will avoid all products with corn shortly until everything is labeled.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I wonder if they could modify the corn to be able to grow under the pressure of weed competition and thus alleviate some of the need for such toxic chemicals too bad there is so much profit in pesticides or maybe we would see why genetic modification doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
www.cog.ca...

What do the standards say about GMOs?

Genetically modified organisms are not permitted under the standards, as stated in CAN/CGSB-32.310-2006, 1.4.1.a. Any product that is certified organic under the Organic Products Regulations (OPR) (SOR/2006-338) cannot use GMOs. In order to protect against GMO contamination, farmers must demonstrate to their certifying body (CB) that they have done everything possible to prevent contamination from neighbouring fields.

Effective protection against GMO contamination is virtually impossible for some crops. For example, canola pollen can drift up to two kilometres, leaving few locations in Canada where organic canola can be produced (For more information, visit the Saskatchewan Organic Directorate’s Organic Agriculture Protection Fund). For other crops such as corn, organic growers can reduce GMO contamination by late planting (to ensure that their corn comes into tassel at a different time than corn in neighbouring fields).
Farmers are required to develop buffer zones of eight metres to mitigate GMO engineered (or pesticide) drift from neighbouring fields. The Canadian Organic Standards (COS) also require that organic farmers use certified organic seed.

Here in Canada, the only real way around GMO, is to look for the certified organic logo.

And/or grow your own from certified organic seeds, and of course most of us can't. Though you can grow lettuce and tomatoes in your apartment kitchen, corn is another story.

Organic is really expensive if all your items are organic. We only can afford some organic items. And afford is a relative term when you are in any kind of debt.

www.efao.ca...

Quite alot of GMO is on the market in Canada. While the chemicals in this kind of corn are not legal, despite our government spraying our country side with agent orange years ago!

According to the pdf, 15 years of eating toxic soup.

My God! I don't even know what to say!

Its hard to find the links, but I'm surprised all these farmers are OK with this product, when Canadian wheat and corn farmers were up in arms just a few years ago, and there was a huge resistance to GMO.

Why would any farmer sell out to a company, that you can't even harvest the seeds and replant from?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by iforget

I wonder if they could modify the corn to be able to grow under the pressure of weed competition and thus alleviate some of the need for such toxic chemicals too bad there is so much profit in pesticides or maybe we would see why genetic modification doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing

Its all a very bad thing. They are forcing us to ingest the toxins that many of us are dying from, and our children.
We wash the veggies before eating? OH, can't do that, its GMO!

In order for the corn to eliminate weeds it has to emit a gas..............That is very alarming!

They have no right to change the structure of food. They don't even tell the truth about the science and physics, and teach lies that have been overturned, they are not operating on full decks, and know very little about anything, except that they are dark side criminals, trying to force everyone to stand under them and their ownership of all resources and food.

And we have to take back our co-ownership of everything.

Technology in the hands of good people, would not be unlabeled. And the actual dna change would be nothing that would touch the food structure. We eat seedless watermelon, pretty sure that's GMO, but does it have to change the food value of watermelon, which is incredibly good for you????

I don't put my life in the hands of Murder Incorp!
edit on 19-9-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

This is equivalent to BP, and Coexist, which is toxic against the building blocks of life.

This has to be stopped!

www.bbc.co.uk

Uh, I think you meant Corexit didnt you? Coexist is a word which has only positive meanings.

Agent Orange chemical... I wonder how many chemical preperations there are that could be said to contain Agent Orange chemicals. Probably quite a few!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

I was looking for the spelling of Coexit, and that was the one in the article I found. So thank you very much for correcting it, and the mispellings even occur online, alas.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Well as usual the only reason this crocks are in business is because they have the whores in congress in their pockets and people keep eating their crap, the best way to keep them out of business is for people to stop eating the poison

And then people wonder why cancer, hart diseases, obesity and diabetes is an epidemic in the US

Well, keep eating the poison sold that is GMOs and you see, but then again that manufactured crap is so gooooooood, that's because it have burn your taste bud for years.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Organic is by far the best. And to me it appears, that we need to actually reduce greatly all food products, since I can't afford 100% organic. I have this plan to simply buy some organic grains, and eat very simple foods, organic cheese where possible, make my own cottage cheese, organic eggs where possible, lettuce, kale , tomatoes, some beans and rice and avoid nearly everthing else other than all the fruit I can get my hands on.

Almost ready to live on organic vitamins at this point.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Well its apparent we are enemy number one to their control structure, the human race, and this is like an all out war on us, and since they can't get away with spraying us overtly as in Vietnam, (though have been found to have secretly done this), then coverup in our food, eh?

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

I think you ought to be a little more circumspect here. If you are seriously considering growing your own food, then I think it would be a bad idea to publish that intent too loudly.

Last year, maybe the year before there were articles appearing stating that people who were growing thier own crops, drinking home milked milk and so on were being raided by the FDA and others. If you are serious, keep your head shut on the subject if you want to be allowed to get away with it!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
There is a link that asks for taking action and writing into Gov that goes right into the agent orange corn and what the effects on our children are, and round up. I don't think I can post that because ATS has a policy against any form of petition, though it wasn't their petition page.

But left that one out, and trying to find similar information that isn't asking for taking action now. Though I highly recommend everyone does take action and save our food.

I don't understand how this is constitutional in any way. The constitution technically protects everyone against even a majority not waking up, for even a majority cannot take away the infinite sovereign rights protected under the constitution and upholds all rights, even minorities. So how can they get away with poisoning our food, even if only a minority sees it.

This is going to take massive legal challenges but we have only to look at our children's faces to realize how important toppling their agenda to destroy the food chains, and our right to health, happiness, and good food, is.

agentorangelegacy.com...#

Many of these toxins are mutagenic or known to be a '#teratogen' which means that your unborn children will be affected and this does include subsequent generations. Your unborn children, and subsequent generations, very well could be born with and/or suffer from one or more of the following: birth defects, autoimmune or rare diseases, mental health illnesses, learning disabilities and/or cancers. ....

The chemical companies that produced Agent Orange continue to sell harmful products without repercussions. Products uch as Roundup, a weed killer and herbicide. Roundup is also available to the public and is used by many Americans, on their lawns as a weed killer, where their children play.

Roundup contains a new chemical ingredient which is an herbicide, glyphosate. Studies of glyphosate have found it to cause birth defects. Since farmers have introduced Round up ready crops they have over-sprayed their fields which have produced super weeds. These super weeds are immune to the Roundup and its main ingredient glyphosate. To resolve this problem 2,4 -D is being re-introduced to fight these super weeds. 2,4 – D is an herbicide and part of the Agent Orange formula.

Roundup contains an ingredient known as 'Agent Blue'. 'Agent Blue' was used in Vietnam and was known to be one of the 'Rainbow Herbicides'. Federal regulations that used to monitor acceptable thresholds of human exposure to 'Agent Blue' no longer exist.[./ex]

There is another thread on how Roundup GMO corn has been found linked to cancer in studies.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

I think you ought to be a little more circumspect here. If you are seriously considering growing your own food, then I think it would be a bad idea to publish that intent too loudly.

Last year, maybe the year before there were articles appearing stating that people who were growing thier own crops, drinking home milked milk and so on were being raided by the FDA and others. If you are serious, keep your head shut on the subject if you want to be allowed to get away with it!

OMG, well, not me! I'm very doubtful they would ever target me. I don't stand under them and they'd have to kill each and ever person in our family, because I would simply order them off my property and grab a bullhorn.

There is no court that could impose a gag order on me, I believe that any judge that would try to is an arch criminal and it would be my duty to grab a bullhorn and target him with some very loud truths, and any cop shop, our PM.

And if they really started doing that in Canada, then a huge movement to pass the hats on Private investigators, and nail them for every single conflict of interest and thus crime they ever participated in.

I don't back down. I've made crooked cops slink of my property, said, "Oh you must one of the crooked corrupt cops I keep reading about!" And then had a lot to say, and they slither off like snakes, literally.

I'm not really concerned about being careful. I believe in shouting truth.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I keep reading outrageously criminal, unconstitutional and therefore UNLAWFUL legislation and so far, everyone is "AFRAID"? That they will be targetted. That's the only reason this is happening. Grab a bull horn and call a general strike.

Do something. Shout. Phone in, and tell them that you will never obey their illegal, unlawful crimes against humanity, but if they don't repeal it you will go one step further and destroy their political career and their pensions, that they're dirty laundry is going to go LIVE. They are messing the wrong people when they mess with their EMPLOYERS, they're just little mcdonalds workers, servants to the people.

Don't cower, show some spunk!

We empower them, they don't empower us! PERIOD!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
www.soaringspiritwithtears.com...

If I'm reading this article correctly we're already getting this roundup in our milk?

And this is a product that derrives from Agent Orange?

Boycott Monsanto

Who is Monsanto?

The world's largest supplier of herbicides, bioengineered seeds, and hormones to increase milk production. Its primary product is Roundup and its goal is global dominance of the food supply.

Roundup and its cousins are marketed under about 90 different names. In 1997, Monsanto lost a lawsuit and agreed to stop using the terms "bio-degradable" and "environmentally friendly" in its advertising. Why? Because these products would appear to be direct descendents of Agent Orange, the company's most infamous product. The company has stated that Roundup is safer than table salt but independent analyses show that the product contains 41% glyphosate and the rest is water and any of 2300 other chemicals that are "trade secrets."

Can we really afford to be asleep at the wheel?

We're the actual watchdogs for any system, and there is no lazy man's democracy. It takes constant aware citizens and vigilance. It takes Organizing Locally and always being on top of things, as a whole.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
naturalsociety.com...

2,4-D Herbicide and Super GMO Crops

And perhaps even more startling than the drastic increase in herbicide usage is the fact that Dow AgroSciences’ new genetically modified soy is actually specifically designed to resist an especially toxic herbicide known as 2,4-D, a toxic compound used in the well-known Vitetnam War defoliant Agent Orange. Known to kill or maim at least 400,000 and cause an additional 500,000 birth defects according to conservative Viatnamese estimates, Agent Orange is one of the deadliest concoctions on record.

As of now, biotech giant Monsanto still has a tight grasp on the corn and soybean market, with approximately 90 percent of soy and 70 percent of corn engineered to drown in Monsanto’s best-selling herbicide Roundup. However, it seems that their control over this market may soon dwindle at rapid speeds, as Roundup is creating a whole new category of superweeds that are resistant to Roundup and the active ingredient in Roundup - glyphosate. These resistant weeds were expected by experts to cover at least 120 million hectares worldwide by 2010.

So behind our back, Monsanto has taken over the soya beans, the corn, poisoned our milk, on top of Fukushima.

I did a search for Canadian dairy, but couldnt find anywhere where our Laws allowed stores to sell US millk except in a few forms, such as already made food items.

Yet I had someone in the IGA, tell me that when we buy the milk in the store, we didn't realize, its US milk.

What the hell is going on?

I spent some time researching that, to see how this could be legal, someone in the store telling me that, and its not, according to the articles I read.

But the store worker obviously knew something that we're not being told.

Roundup and 2 4 D is illegal in Canada by the way. Yet despite its illegality, this Court Decision in favor of Monstanto was shocking:

en.wikipedia.org...

Its time to form real citizens groups with some real teeth.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

FORCED STERILIZATION OF HUMANS?

It sterilizes rabbits apparently!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
en.wikipedia.org...

Well, well, well, what do we have here?

FORCED STERILIZATION OF HUMANS?

It sterilizes rabbits apparently!

Madam you get a great BIG ~ !!!!

I was wondering when someone will catch and now we have the proof of the plan. Yes ~ !!! there is a plan for it typical elites I know

Basically what agent orange does is deforms your dna, attack your immune system oh and did I forget to add. It sterilizes you ~ !!!!

Remember if it is tested on animals and works it works on humans too ~ !!!

This is the basics and yet the most publicly open to everyone. However, people do not act before it is too late easy to pass it off as a loony toony theory. But.... the thing is this whole thing is gonna get you sicker and sicker, that is when new viruses will be released to depopulate making it easier for the elites. Oh and did I forget to mention that the vaccines are going to be full of stuff that is gonna kill ya.

Its in the food, the milk and the water as specially bottle water just because a label says pure mountain stream water does not make it so.

Basically this is part of the depopulation agenda and this is only the first step they are taking that is the horrifying reality. So... if you think this is just silly well I got tells ya that this is only the beginning ~ !!!

So.... once we are killed off and those that survive are the stronger breed, you see for the higher up elites we are like slaves. Yup... you guessed it ~ !!! they only want the ones that will survive their sick tests and make them their slaves. To build their own world here on Earth in their own image that is once they execute their other plans and I guess it would require lots of rebuilding. Cause come on we all know when elites do something big there is always a giant mess to clean up afterwards.

So.... welcome to NWO boys and girls it is knocking on your front doors but... the questions is Are you gonna take the spoon full of sugar making their medicine go down ~ ???

Or....

Are you finally gonna wake up to the crimes these childish brats are pulling with their tantrums ~ ???

p.s: I think of the Elites like children who are spoiled and that throw tantrums when they do not get what they want.

edit on 19-9-2012 by The Magicians Apprentice because: WAFFLES ARE DELISCIOUS !!! yummmmmm
nom nom nom

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by The Magicians Apprentice

" Basically what agent orange does is deforms your dna, attack your immune system oh and did I forget to add. It sterilizes you ~ !!!! "

I agree with this! Starred!

This is obviously genocide and forced sterilization.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join