It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daylight Photographs Revealed of UFO Over Vancouver Island

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by zayonara
Anyone else think it looks very similar to the Myrtle Beach lights?

www.youtube.com...
edit on 18-9-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2012 by zayonara because: (no reason given)
Does anybody else feel like the guy taking the video was acting? It just seemed like he was going by a script or something like the lights was not there at the time he was recording.
edit on 18-9-2012 by JDirt because: wrong spelling

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Clearly mountains on the background:

There's also the Highway 101 (Olympic Highway) that goes behind Lake Crescent up to 1000ft above sea level.

So, yes, most likely the sun reflection on a car/truck whatever passing on the road.

That filter really does highlight the mountain range quite well. Have you checked if the range outline matches your map? Looks good though. Just one note, the photographer suggested the lights were stationary, so if it was a truck, it would have been parked, not moving (also there are multiple photos).

Maybe it is logging equipment? Just checking the Google maps to see other possibilities...
edit on 18-9-2012 by bluestreak53 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
it sure is interesting reading something on ats about the city you live in. seeing place names and such. anyhow, thought Id mention that there is a US naval airbase on Whidbey island that is one of the drone research/testing bases. that may explain the helicopters.

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

wow I seen something just like this at night when i was a kid. ran inside told my parents and nobody believed me lol

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Interesting pics,..........cheers for sharing.............

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by bluestreak53

As a former resident of that region I know for a fact that those are not mountains. The mountains in any direction (there are plenty to see) are not visible above the cloud cover, and the object in question is well above the cloud cover so could not be a light on the mountain.

I remember looking towards Port Angeles on numerous occasions and seeing "lights on the hills" but they would be much lower than the object in question.

As for it being a reflection, it is possible, but highly doubtful.

Thanks sharing your opinion though.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

t should be like all coastal areas. Some days the sun is shinning here but fog covers the mountains and meets with the sea. Which makes it possible that the mountains are there. Visible above cloud cover here, but really the light on a mountain would shine through the fog even if it were covering the mountains here anyway.

Vancouver Island

my.opera.com...

posted on Sep, 18 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by bluestreak53

As a former resident of that region I know for a fact that those are not mountains. The mountains in any direction (there are plenty to see) are not visible above the cloud cover, and the object in question is well above the cloud cover so could not be a light on the mountain.

I remember looking towards Port Angeles on numerous occasions and seeing "lights on the hills" but they would be much lower than the object in question.

As for it being a reflection, it is possible, but highly doubtful.

Thanks sharing your opinion though.
edit on 18-9-2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

t should be like all coastal areas. Some days the sun is shinning here but fog covers the mountains and meets with the sea. Which makes it possible that the mountains are there. Visible above cloud cover here, but really the light on a mountain would shine through the fog even if it were covering the mountains here anyway.

Vancouver Island

my.opera.com...

Those are some great photos from coastal BC. Do you know where the Catalina crash is? Never heard of it.
There is an engine from a Feb. 1954 crash of a USAF F-86 below the ski lift on Grouse Mountain.
The pilot was lost and was running out of fuel, waiting for an okay for an emergency landing at Vancouver Airport. He was also in bad weather and probable didn't see the mountain until it was too late.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

A while back there were videos of these orb like UFO's over Mexico. There were two different videos of them taken at the same time from different locations. There were hundreds of spectators on the ground watching these orbs. This was also in daylight. They would dance around and meld together forming one orb then separate again. There were dozens of these orbs in the sky and this event lasted for a long while, at least 20 minutes.

If anyone knows this thread that would be great.

Your orb pics are similar to those. I'd say these cannot be dismissed easily and may be real UFO events as in something unknown and not from this earth.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
it interests me that the mountain range is only clearly discernable in one of these shots
yet the lights are approximately just as bright in each...
i know atmospheric effects are not as dramatic on lighted objects as unlighted, but that seems pretty extreme.
also i am forced to wonder about the size, attitude, and configuration of a wheeled vehicle that could produce a reflection like this... three equally sized, uniform surfaces.... on a range so distant that literally no other detail is observable... hmm.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Cool picture S & F.
I think they could be the real thing after the other UFO south of there.
Ya thing are realy picking up laterly

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The photos were taken with a Canon Powershot S2 IS with a Focal Length of 72mm, and a number of focal plane pixel per "F" unit of 11520.

With these data and some calculation, we can determine the angular size of the distant object, resolved to points of light, which is of 0.3629°:

Next step is to determine a range of possibilities for the size of the object depending of its estimated distance to the camera:

1- For the object to be located on the Olympic Highway (101), close to Nature Bridge Olympic Park, there's 50.500m (31.38 miles) between Victoria's beach and this point:

If so, then the size of the object is 320m (1050 ft) long:

2- For the object to be located closer, at Port-Angeles, for example, there's 32.500m (20 miles) between Victoria's beach and this point:

If so, then the size of the object is 205.9m (675.5 ft) long:

So, if the object is hillside, it quite a big object!

Another possibility is that this is the sun reflection in multiple windows.

By inverting values, adjusting contrast/luminosity level and playing with curves, we can clearly see that this object is made of three distinct points of light:

[on a side note, we can also clearly see the higher moutains in the background in this improvement:]

...to be continued...
edit on 19-9-2012 by elevenaugust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

please do not continue - as you have already made a fatal error : as the JPEG immage presented cannot be used to deterine the size of an alledge object .

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Now, let's see if the object moved between the four shots.

They were taken between 02:53:07pm and 03:00:24pm the 14 september 2012.

After applying the same improvement for all the 4 photos (inversion, contrast 11, luminosity 29, adding layer with the original in fusion mode), I've done this composition, using the background mountains as reference point:

So, the lights didn't moved at all.

Next step is to find what cause these probably light reflection and where it is located.

...to be continued...

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I saw this in Vancouver yesterday, cant believe you posted this! I live in East Vancouver and this was plainly visible from standing on Main street (for Vancouver locals) I ran home to get my camera and didnt see it again after that. Thanks for posting!

Holy crap! Just re-read the original post, this was seen on the 14th?! I saw this yesterday, the 18th, in Vancouver at around 2:30-2:45 in the afternoon. Bright beautiful sunny day without a cloud in the sky, it was just sitting there....amazing! I wonder what the hell that is?
edit on 19-9-2012 by wrdwzrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

please do not continue - as you have already made a fatal error : as the JPEG immage presented cannot be used to deterine the size of an alledge object .

I disagree. I think elevenaugust is providing the most thorough analysis yet of the images and this approach should at least narrow down the range of options.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

There have been many missing persons in the forests of British Columbia and these are the types of ufos that stalk
hikers and campers in the woods, abducting them while draining their blood, taking body parts into the cylinder(the cylinders floating in the air are containers full of body parts-human and animal. Don't go into the woods . The Army
special units are trying to get some of the missing back-especially children .Mummified corpses have been found high in the trees of these forests.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Thanks for the in depth analysis.

I had given up and figured it was just a stationary reflection on the hill side but you raise a good point that the object may be rather large depending if your theory is correct which it does appear to make sense.

Keep up the goood work!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by wrdwzrd

Thank you for sharing your experience.

If you are in Vancouver it certainly wasn't the hills of Port Angeles you were staring at and if it is the same object, then it's obviously not stationary.

Do you think you could provide any more details about your sighting?

Sorry if I sound greedy but the increased UFO activity on the West Coast has certainly caught my interest and am starting to think that there might be something to all of this.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I am pretty sure this is a UFO....YEP it is! I cannot tell exactly what it is, maybe even experts can't...
Maybe it is sun glint, or swamp gas or Venus but it will always remain a UFO.

I am 100% sure it is a UFO!

BUT how does it being in the sky and a million other UFO's alien in nature?

IT DOESN’T! Here is why. It only makes them Unidentified Flying Objects! NOT ALIEN!

Things that float in the sky a 150-1000 years ago = possibly alien

But Today?

Come ON! Really?

We have all kinds of crap flying, orbiting, floating, drifting, and bobbing throughout the skies!!! Unless I see the thing cloak, go from 0-1000mph, zap laser/phasers/whatever-sers , or I can actually see aliens waving at me (even then I have seen a few hoaxes of that) it is not an ALIEN UFO…

It is only a UFO, so what does that mean…well it means I, you, and pretty much nobody knows what it is other than it is. So…why the fuss?

edit on 19-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-9-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

I live in Victoria. Across the straight there is Port Angeles, Washington, which has many bright lights. Also, large cruise ships the size of cities are going through there constantly. But I have seen strange flying objects here many times.

ETA: Clearly that is not a cruise ship.

I'll head out tonight and see if I can discover those lights and I'll film them if they're on the hills.

edit on 19-9-2012 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join