It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's coming is #### !

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Those lyrics brought me to tears. We both know why.

Awesome Randy, thanks.

God Bless,

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
nothing that sending israel a couple of billion won't fix.

btw - anyone plays CCR is cool w/ me...saw Fogerty a couple of years back -

edit on 19-9-2012 by jibajaba because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by ElohimJD
reply to post by randyvs

Those lyrics brought me to tears. We both know why.

Awesome Randy, thanks.

God Bless,

Glad I'm not the only one but my lil sister self appointed, Stupid girl, whom I have a hard time calling that. She gets the thanks. Now I have this for everyone, as we witness the death of our nation for lack of a better term.
Doesn't this sound like America's funeral hymn written prophetically ?

A long, long time ago...
I can still remember
How that music used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance
That I could make those people dance
And, maybe, they'd be happy for a while.

But february made me shiver
With every paper I'd deliver.
Bad news on the doorstep;
I couldn't take one more step.

I can't remember if I cried
When I read about his widowed bride,
But something touched me deep inside
The day the music died.

So bye-bye, miss american pie.
Drove my chevy to the levee,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that I die.
"this'll be the day that I die."

Did you write the book of love,
And do you have faith in God above,
If the Bible tells you so?
Do you believe in rock 'n roll,
Can music save your mortal soul,
And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Well, I know that you're in love with him
`cause I saw you dancin' in the gym.
You both kicked off your shoes.
Man, I dig those rhythm and blues.

I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck
With a pink carnation and a pickup truck,
But I knew I was out of luck
The day the music died.

I started singin',
"bye-bye, miss american pie."
But the levee was dry.
Them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
And singin', "this'll be the day that I die.

Now for ten years we've been on our own
And moss grows fat on a rollin' stone,
But that's not how it used to be.
When the jester sang for the king and queen,
In a coat he borrowed from james dean
And a voice that came from you and me,

Oh, and while the king was looking down,
The jester stole his thorny crown.
The courtroom was adjourned;
No verdict was returned.
And while lennon read a book of marx,
The quartet practiced in the park,
And we sang dirges in the dark
The day the music died.

We were singing,
But the levee was dry.

Helter skelter in a summer swelter.
The birds flew off with a fallout shelter,
Eight miles high and falling fast.
It landed foul on the grass.
The players tried for a forward pass,
With the jester on the sidelines in a cast.

Now the half-time air was sweet perfume
While the sergeants played a marching tune.
We all got up to dance,
Oh, but we never got the chance!
`cause the players tried to take the field;
The marching band refused to yield.
Do you recall what was revealed
The day the music died?

We started singing,
But the levee was dry.

Oh, and there we were all in one place,
A generation lost in space
With no time left to start again.
So come on: jack be nimble, jack be quick!
Jack flash sat on a candlestick
Cause fire is the devil's only friend.

Oh, and as I watched him on the stage
My hands were clenched in fists of rage.
No angel born in hell
Could break that satan's spell.
And as the flames climbed high into the night
To light the sacrificial rite,
I saw satan laughing with delight
The day the music died

He was singing,
But the levee was dry.

I met a girl who sang the blues
And I asked her for some happy news,
But she just smiled and turned away.
I went down to the sacred store
Where I'd heard the music years before,
But the man there said the music wouldn't play.

And in the streets: the children screamed,
The lovers cried, and the poets dreamed.
But not a word was spoken;
The church bells all were broken.
And the three men I admire most:
The father, son, and the holy ghost,
They caught the last train for the coast
The day the music died.

And they were singing,
But the levee was dry.
And them good old boys were drinkin' whiskey and rye
Singin', "this'll be the day that I die.

They were singing,
But the levee was dry.
Singin', "this'll be the day that I die."
Category:
Music
License:
Standard YouTube License
47,212 likes, 920 dislikes
Show less

edit on 19-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I feel for you too, but if you want to strike back, you don't really have to break any laws. Just spend all that spare time of yours making $100 an hour employees do things for you, waste you politician's time, your government employees time, do whatever it takes. Make them bleed money. The more of us doing this the quicker these pests lose their power!

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Exactly striking back is still on the back burner. I'm not yet at my rows end. And as I said earlier I'm far to devious to even have to break laws or hurt anyone physically. I know things most would never think of. An example would be the Ralph's grocery store my wife worked at here in Apple Valley Ca. Completely shut down now. I don't have any problem telling you about this cause they are simply out of business. Nothing can be proven no matter what I say.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

These problems will never rest, there has been a hidden war going on between employees and employers since day one. Perhaps the largest of the problem started when UI benefits were first created in 1935. Employers have never had an obligation to keep anyone unless the work was contracted. UI benefits only insured that they could keep their jobs, and if not they would at least be compensated something for the loss providing it wasn't their fault.

Minimum wage and UI benefits to some degree, removed some power from employers. Dont get me wrong, most of the businesses could afford to pay everyone a handsome wage and still make a killing. The problem here is greed, so periodically the minimum wage will go up, but you will also see everything immediatly go up along with it. It's a rich mans way to ensure that the rich stay rich. If an employer pays someone minimum wage, IMO they shouldn't even be in business. There are also some businesses that simply are broke as well.

At any rate, our economy has been crashing for decades, and its not getting better. Recently there was a major shift in the value of the dollar. This caused a lot of employers to lay people off, without proper reason, which triggered most of them to take advantage of the UI system. After all when you made $15 dollars an hour, why would you accept a minimum wage paying job that actually pays you less than what your UI would pay you, and thats exactly what happened, many people took adavantage of the UI system. This is a form of striking,because people don't want to work for crap wages and used the UI system to strike. Employers struck back by joining forces and putting an end to full time work. Most work now is part time and wages were cut to boot. This is employers striking back. Their idea is they hold the money, they have the jobs, therefore they make the rules, and to a degree they are right. They don't have to pay into UI funds unless they have full time staff, so they eliminated that problem by cutting the hours.

Greed is what keeps this problem alive. Employers have never been satisified with just making money from the business, they wanted to also own people and profit off them as well. Paying someone crap wages is proof. This is why the occupy movement is so big right now, people are tired of working for slave wages.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Received an email today that really lifted my spirits

Turn up the volume as loud as it will go. You will get chills when you hear this version of "The Star Spangled Banner" by Madison Rising.

God Bless.

www.starspangledbannerchallenge.com...
edit on 19-9-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by riverwild

In my best Simon Cowl ...............

Nailed it. I mean outright just nailed it. Link that right up to Facebook here.

We'll be back, after these messages.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by riverwild

In my best Simon Cowl ...............

Nailed it. I mean outright just nailed it. Link that right up to Facebook here.

We'll be back, after these messages.

If I knew how to start a thread,

I would have done it with this video!

:up

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope

Originally posted by randyvs
Striking back is all I can see because what is going on is nothing less than an absolute act of war on myself and even more so on my wife.

When that happens, I will stand with you. There will have to be an eventual shift in power at this rate. It's only a matter of time.

And the group of those that have been personally effected by this "shift" is growing at an every day rate. Hang in there, we're all hanging in there.

posted on Sep, 19 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by survival

Seems to be coming down to your moniker rapidly. Doesn't it ?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We recently remodeled our store and expanded our selection. We are now doing crazy business. So, corporate gave us less hours to work with
. Looks like they want some of that pie.

It's been notoriously hard to fire someone where I work (the managers formed a class action lawsuit over it). Now, if the customers aren't buying enough, we're investigated to see if we're "sliding" merchandise. If it's found we're not, we're told to up sell and add on....in a variety store
. Anyway, there are definitely some people who need to be let go. Some people blame the 90's for the poor work ethic that's developed. I remember when grunge came out. I thought to myself, "So, that's all it takes to be a star?"

Anyway, I sit outside this mess like I'm watching free cable. I have backup plans and an undying sense of humor. As long as they're not torturing my family (that's how the villains get to the superheros in comics), I'll be alright. Maybe I should carry cyanide pills in case I'm buried alive in a coffin that's slowly filling with water. Or, maybe I should learn deep meditation for that worst case scenario. Anyway, I'm glad you and those close to you aren't being tortured.
edit on 20-9-2012 by gentledissident because: informality beyond comprehension

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Are race riots cropping up in the US as I have read about? I don't believe they are true, however I have read that they are and are a threat to many of us, especially in cities.
Does anyone have a thought? I read this article by Colin Flaherty at TheDCpost thedcpost.com... and I wonder what other think. Is it a growing problem?

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JoeLynde

Race riots aren't happening Joe. Not as far as I know. In fact when you consider what's been going on to try and spark a race war. Things are quite mellow.
edit on 20-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I have been having trouble getting to "Whatreallyhappened.com".....Is anybody else? I ask and attach it to this thread because, a few days ago, Michael Rivero, the author of that site, said.."Whenever this site goes down over and over, a false flag event is imminent"....It scared me.....I have had trouble with that site a LOT, lately.(and most of today!).....and my husband and I are feeling the same as many on this thread. Sooooooooooooooo many awful things are happening, in quick succession, to us, to you guys,throughout the world, and to my friends and family, as well....I'm praying for a miracle, but feeling more like we are doomed.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by doryinaz

Hey dory,

I urge you not to let yourself get to wrapped up in all of this, to the point where that it self becomes detrimental to life. Trust in he who is greater than us and you will always be homeward bound my sweet. God love you child.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for the thread, Randy.. and I'm honored to give you the 102nd
flag and make this thread officially a fever.
Displaced tool maker myself, back into big iron pizzas on nights for a
real bargain basement wage. What benefits? one answer.. I get to die
in harness instead of out in the snow. Throat rot don't care if you're employed
or not. Hey look at the bright side though: maybe my toes will stay on if
I stay at home on the dole this winter when the flywheel factory bellies-up.
Got an "abundance angel" chain email Monday from an old friend. Said in
4 days I would be receiving a windfall, because "You are ALREADY rich!"
That's rich; two days later I get a pickup note for a registered letter from
the Treasury (sorry, IMF). Says I owe then another $1500 in "tax deficiencies".
Separate issue, but germain to the terrain on which we now find ourselves deployed.
You can't squeeze blood out of a turnip and the blandjobs just haven't got it yet.
I know where this is headed, I was in downtown Chicago two months ago-- and
it reminds me a little too much of B&Ws I saw of Budapest in '53. We're going,
hang on--- keep the beans and ammo dry.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I feel for you and your situation. I hope everything works out for you. I'm going to say a couple things that will seem overbearing and aggressive but perhaps they will inspire you. Fact: There's only two types of people in this world, there are gangsters, and there are bitches. There are hustlers, and there are customers. There are pimps, and there are ho's. Which one are you?

Let me first state that this information is relevant to an individual that operates under universal law - you need to be true in word and deed with dignity, fairness, equality and righteousness to operate correctly. You have a duty to disobey and capitalize on all laws and things created by man. God doesn't like ugly, and power respects balls. What goes around, comes around. Oppressed by another man's scare tactic?: Laughable. -for the weak in mind and spirit.

1. The world is yours. ''Tell me whats wrong with the world I'll tell you what's wrong with you'' -Non phixion
-Accept responsibility for everything and do things your way. F- everyone, F- the gov, F-society, F- employers, F- taxes, F-bosses, F-all that # you complain about. Identify driving forces, capitalize on them, leverage yourself, take control.

2. Grow some balls ''It's a cold world baby boy, # it I'm colder" -Shyne
Reality check: Its your fault for buying in to the system and relying on big brother. If you know the game is bogus why didn't you act on this knowledge instead of making this thread after the fact? When # gets ugly, you get uglier. If you're not a rebel outlaw black sheep by now, you will be soon with the correct training.

3. Stop relying on anyone but the tools you have available; there are tools available. ''There comes a time in every man's life when he's gotta handle # up on his own'' -Pharcyde

-Do I need to spell it out for you? The black market is the last free enterprise on earth, its the oldest and greatest, if you respect it, it will respect you. If you have no common sense (street smarts), no integrity, or if you're greedy, if you're a liar, if you're not on point - forget it, you are already food for the wolves. Mind your business, stay under the radar, and move hard with force, show respect where respects due, show no fear, handle your business and always remember, ''slow dough is better than no dough.'' Good luck ghostdog, believe in yourself, the world is yours, street prayers, smiles and cries.

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Kapablanka

I think you just told me to become a thug.

Don't get me wrong .I've considered going back to my old ways.

I rather like your statement.

edit on 21-9-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I hope it inspired you in some small way. Here some more, hope you catch something from it. Peace.

Be true to the game and the game will be true to you. Disrespect? See what that'll do? All that robbing, stealing, despising your friends isn't healthy, probably end up dead before you get wealthy. 24/7 moneys my mission, just trying to make a living. I get my money on major, continuously communicating through my pager. Don't have no friends because they're jealous, I hustle solo cause when I'm broke I got no time for the fellas. Ain't nothing happening but some work, forget what they're saying and get your dope.

Certain people wanna stick to the game? You're a trick to the game! Waiting for your turn, son when will you learn? Ain't no turns given, playas are twistin and takin' #! I hustle with finesse yes I'm a boss, rule number 1 check game, and for sure you will respect game; Be your own player meaning buy your own dope because that front # is punk #, something I never messed with!
Go with the grain, and come the riches and the bitches and the fame.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join