It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

chavez vs. martinez

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
last night i watched the chavez vs martinez boxing match.
this was one of the fights i wanted to see. a match up that had me curious. for me, the fight did not disappoint.

martinez did as he was expected to. he moved, jabbed, and punched from just outside of chavez's reach. he racked up up the points and was on his way to an easy victory. but he made a mistake. he seemed to think that chavez was done. martinez got careless and BAM! chavez landed a four punch combination that put martinez on the canvas. this happened in the 12th round. chavez sensed an opportunity and quickly jumped on martinez. the exchange between these two warriors in the last minute of the final round was as exciting as i ever saw. i believed chavez might be able to put this guy out. martinez survived the round and won by unanimous decision.

we learned a lot about chavez. we learned he has heart. we learned he doesn't quit.

i became a fan of chavez last night. of both fighters actually. this sport needed a meaningful fight. and for me this was it.

there was talk of a rematch. i think it the money involved would make it worth the fighters' and promoters' time.

before this fight, everyone underestimated chavez's skill and heart. now no one has that luxury after last night. the kid is better than we thought.

does he have enough to beat martinez? i don't know. if he trains hard and works on his game plan with freddie roach i believe he does. he can't take training lightly and then have to drain himself to make weight.

we'll see.

great fight. and great warriors.

-subfab

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I missed the match, but I caught the highlights. Everyone wants a re match when they lose. Its human nature. I say go for it. Anything can happen in a boxing match. All it takes is one well timed, well placed punch. Or a lucky one.....

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by subfab

I didn't see the match, but I was actually contemplating starting boxing.

You don't see many boxing posts on this site, wonder if this is a sign.

To be honest I'm interested to see Freddie Flintoff's first fight and how Hatton's comeback goes.
edit on 16-9-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
he was puerly outboxed untill the last two rounds i thought any how
edit on 16-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by haven123

yeah i agree.

if he takes his training serious next time, he and freddie roach may be able to come up with a plan to handle martinez's boxing.

-subfab

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
would have been class if he knoked him out though he nearly got it
edit on 16-9-2012 by haven123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

ha ha ha
i thought he was going to get the knockout. i was out of my seat cheering both fighters.
cheered for chavez for not giving up.
cheered for martinez to get up and hold on. ha ha ha ha

round 12 possible round of the year.

posted on Sep, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Chavez Jnr faces losing £2m Martinez purse after testing positive for cannabis.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 25 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

this is sad news.
i think the kid has a lot of heart. he is young and strong and has a fan base because of his name. i saw an interview with freddie roach, and he said something to the effect that if Jr. doesn't want to train like he should then he is out. this was after the fight but before the positive test for cannabis.

new topics

top topics

join