It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What was it like the last years of Atlantis? It was exactly like now, same players too

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Atlantis was pretty cool, actually.

posted on Sep, 13 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
I know a homeless guy that claims to be 35,000 years old that also says he's FROM Atlantis. He claims that Atlantis was a spaceship.

What's to make this homeless man more or less legit?

He also says that if you go barefoot, you are properly grounding your unique bioelectric signature so that it's more difficult to track you, or read your mind, plus the satellites that track people by bio-electric signatures won't 'see' you.

He says he knows about the war in 'heaven' (space), who/what the fallen angels are, and many many other things like the reason people aren't telepathic, and are so short lived is because we don't have the essential amount of gold, and some other elements in our diets just like we need iron, magnesium, and other metals in our diet.

He's said a lot of stuff like that, that makes more sense than most of the silly stuff here on ATS.

Eventually, I'll have compiled a list of things he's gone on about, and post them here to ATS one day.

He's crazy, homeless, filthy, smells like pee and poop, and sometimes doesn't wear pants, so, he's not exactly approachable in a passing friendly casual sort of way, but, I'd bet he's more legitimate than quite a bit of the speculative fairy tale hogwash gets put here on ATS.

edit on 13-9-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

I have seen you talk about this man before and I have to say - I am very intrigued by him! I'd love to hear his full story.

I believe a lot of the things he says is true and I wonder how or when he gained his knowledge? Did it just come to him somehow through memory, prayer, or meditation? Or did he learn it through books or internet before becoming homeless?

To the OP, I agree with you and love your message! I am glad to see some people - a good number of people - are finally getting it

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Drala

Who taught that spider to spin that web?...genetic memory??

Yup, he learned it from his ancestors...but who taught them?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HiGilgamesh

I believe much the way you do.I have long held the belief that history does repeat itself.I believe there have been technologically advanced civilizations in the past which have managed to destroy themselves,along with most of the evidence of their existence through the use of terrifyingly effective weapons of war.In doing so they managed to leave behind other evidence of their passing.Evidence which mainstream science has yet to accept.As for Atlantis,I tend to think that the legends of Atlantis are just stories.These stories were meant to serve as a warning to future civilizations,so as not to repeat the same mistakes.I think that "Atlantis" is actually an amalgamation of more than one society which meant with a cataclysmic end.An end which was avoidable but for the folly of man.This is just my theory.
I believe that we today are rapidly approaching our own cataclysmic demise.This can be avoided if we choose to heed the lessons of the ancients.But I fear it is too late.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Are you laughing with us or at yourself?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Atlantis does not exist. Even if it did, it would be different to the way people think it did. Why do you all think it had futuristic technology? Why do you all think the people were star men, or alien descendents???

Atlantis was only inspired by other, similar stories, much like Iram of the Pillars...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13735445#pid13735445

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DrGod

I've come to the personal conclusion that "time" is utterly relative, and making an attempt to "date" things is an effort in futility. And bickering amongst ourselves in regard to the "age" of anything, even more so.

And since no one alive today was present in ancient history, (well, perhaps besides Drucilla's crazy homeless man....) then anything said on the matter is pure speculation.

Having said that, I fully believe that there are nuggets of truth buried within the legends and myths of mankind that have withstood the test of time over the millennia. I believe that at one time, the earth, as we know it, was actually one large landmass---also referred to as Pangea. There is a copious amount of data and evidence to support this.

I also speculate that what we now refer to as the "lost continent of Atlantis", was apportioned within Pangea at one time. When you begin to think of ancient, pre-deluvian civilization (yes, I also believe there was a flood, much evidence to support that as well..) having been so close in relation to each other, insofar as physical location, then all the cross-cultural "legends and myths" that we find ourselves trying to explain according to what we've been taught by pompous, pontificating "scientists,"----who themselves are merely speculating, at best--- becomes much more sensible and easier to account for.

This would also include the global pyramid phenomenon that I believe is related to the account of the Tower of Babylon and the effort of these ancient civilizations to mimic this endeavor from their collective memory. Mankind also, indeed, shared one tongue at one time, plenty of research and support for that as well. How could mankind all have one language if we were all spread out over the globe as we are today? That would make no sense. One language was shared along the same time as we were all still on one continent.

It would also not be a stretch for one who believes that Atlantis actually existed to connect the dots and make the assumption that its demise was also related to the cross-culturally recorded "great deluge". The flood was supposed to have been a somewhat sudden disasterous event, the onset of which was also mentioned to include more than just rain falling from the sky. Who knows what other meteorological events were included for the sum total effect to be the entire landmass of earth at that time to be covered in water. Atlantis is said to have "sunk" into the sea---perhaps the sea also "rose" up to meet it. Atlantis is said to have become a savage, hedonistic and reprobate civilization----the very same civilization it is said that the flood was meant to eradicate from among the more peaceful and decent remnant of mankind.

Depending on the layout of Pangea at the time of its existence, I see it entirely within the realm of possibility that the continent we now refer to as "Antartica" to have at one time in our ancient history, been what others referred to as "Atlantis". When the continent "sunk", it could have been during a pole-shift event and become forever entombed in the miles of ice that it is today. No one alive today has lived through a pole-shift event, thus no one truly knows the mechanics of this phemomenon, nor the speed at which it takes place. Just more speculation.

I also find it noteworthy that the Bible mentions that in the time of Peleg, the earth was "divided". Peleg and Nimrod would have lived around the same time period after the deluge. Nimrod built the Tower of Babel, during which time men would also have spoken the same language. Atlantis may have "sunk", but earth's landmass may have also still been somewhat interconnected. The Bible actually twice mentions the earth being divided during Peleg's time---once in Genesis, once in Chronicles--- which would cause one to assume that it was quite a noteworthy event.

Having said all that, who knows? But that is my personal speculation on the matter.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Ok.
Lets get down to the basics.

First. Do you accept science? and those who study and apply science?
If you don't consider science as a fact, then there's no point in discussing with you.
If you don't consider science, then you don't have any right to use anything in this world - drop your clothes, go into the wild and live like an ape.

Now coming to the post.

Please know that the Vymanika Shastra is not an ancient vedic text, rather it is a 20th century work/text that was "channelised" by Pandit Subbaraya Shastry - a vedic scholar, who dictated it to his adopted son Venkatarama Shastry.

There has been a book called "Brihad Vimana Shastra” supposed to be written by Shri Bramhamuni
Parivrajaka which was published in 1959.
There is another book "Vymanika Shastra" written by G.R. Jotsyer, which contains the same shlokas of the 1st book, together with their english translations.

The authorship of the main book from which all these books derive has been identified as Pandit Subbaraya Shastry.
The graphical depictions of the Flying contraptions in the original of the Vymanika Shatra were made by one Ellappa, who was a draughtsman in a local engineering college.

The Vymanika Shastra has been analysed in detail by Scientists at The Indian Institute of Science (equivalent to MIT). The paper of the analysis can be found here.

and their finding??

Any reader by now would have concluded the obvious – that the planes described above are the best poor concoctions, rather than expressions of something real.or capabilities of being flown; the geometries are unimaginably horrendous from the point of view of flying; and the principles of propulsion make then resist rather
than assist flying.
The text and the drawings do not correlate with each other even thematically. The drawings definitely point to a knowledge of modern machinery. This can be explained on the basis of the fact that Shri Ellappa who made the
drawings was in a local engineering college and was thus familiar with names and details of some machinery.
Of course the text retains a structure in language and content from which its ‘recent nature’ cannot be asserted. We must hasten to point out that this does not imply an oriental nature of the text at all. All that may be
said is that thematically the drawings ought to be ruled out of discussion. And the text, as it stands, is incomplete and ambiguous by itself and incorrect at many places.

So your ancient vedic texts detailing vimanas falls flat.

Research before you post.

What you consider as "waste residue" pf some "prehistoric atomic blasts" are nothing but minerals exibiting naturtal radiations.

Again research before you post.

The rest of your post is crock!
My word!

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I will guess that Atlantis was on Mars and it's survivers migrated to Earth and are the forefathers of the Sumarians and Egyptians. They may have even cross bread with some ancient civilizations. Ofcourse this is all speculation on my part.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

I'd like some clarification, because it seems many are focusing on the overall positive tone of the post and not the title and opening.

Do you believe the current global civilization is in it's last years and will collapse, as did Atlantis?

Or do you think we have the opportunity to prevent this by evolving to higher levels?

I think that Atlantis once did exist. When it is described, it sounds similar to our technological level, or fairly more advanced than Plato's time. So I understand the allegorical parallel that aesthetically calls to our subconscious.

As to the second part of your question, sure. Everything changes, continuously. However, a dramatic or strong change is usually precipitated by some danger to the status quo. People don't act, until it hit's home, until it affects them and they feel it. But we could always surprise TPTB and go down the path of peace. Stand up and demand that we leave the Middle East, stop buying their oil, and leave them to their own devices. I guess that means American's have to use mass transit. Good. We are all way too out of touch with one another as it is!

All it would take is one day. Just one. Get every single American to not spend any money. NO money on that day. See what happens. The only reason we are in the state we are in, is because we allow it. Period.

You are what you want.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

The one thing I dislike about this website are the people who choose not to discuss or enlighten. They force their understanding on you and try to force opinions on people without presenting facts. I have been studying these types of thing before Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock had any books, they were just gems I found along the way. Religion can only be seen as a tool of enslavement if one lacks the proper understanding. It would be like someone viewing the earth from outer space and claiming they understanding the workings of a complex society. I didn't say race, their are people on 3 different continents that call themselves star people. I was just throwing that out there so you can find a better choice of words.

I don't understand how religion can be used to enslave humans when its fundemental elements are based on enlightenment = ultimate freedom. I believe the interpretation of divine and sacred writings/teachings have enslaved humans because of the limited understanding and comprehension of ignorant men. In order to understand religion you must dwell in to history. Not the 6000 year old history that guys like you proclaim to be the start of civilization but the history before his-story.

I can tell you have not stepped out of the box because you still use a compartment/division style of thought which is recognized by your usage of the word race. This is propelled by the youngest 'variation' to the human family. There are many kinds of beings but as your understanding grows you will see that there is only variations of one race.

.....and they did not come in space ships, this is was their home first.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

My friend who passed away several years ago verifies some of what you claim.

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deezi
reply to post by AaronWilson

The english is there... you're obviously to simple minded to even acknowledge this type of material.

Please go away.

Op: I have always thought humans have been advancing and destroying themselves many times in the past. The main stream explanation just seems like a lot of the pieces of the puzzle are missing.

Just look at earth now. Everyone locked and loaded to the teeth with world ending weapons. It's only a matter of time.

G'day Deezi

yes some people are not ready for the truth, they want what TPTB and TV tell them eh eh

we have a chance at making it to the stars if we stop fighting

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

Hi coredrill

we have science and we have secret science

i did not mention Vymanika Shastra, never heard of him

try looking at the ancient TEXTS not channelers lol

they ancient texts cant be forged, the tv tells you something and you believe it, you know who owns tv right?

i know you havnt even looked at it from your reply, being closed off mentally you will never see if you are right or wrong

as for science looking at things we have science and we have secret science,what you are told and believe by science and TPTB is not truth

the waste residue cant lie as it certain isotopes that you look for

there are many vitrified forts/cities with same traces if you look into it

some people are not ready for the truth, they want what TPTB and TV tell them eh eh

TPTB dont want you to know the truth,
edit on 14-9-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
Atlantis does not exist. Even if it did, it would be different to the way people think it did. Why do you all think it had futuristic technology? Why do you all think the people were star men, or alien descendents???

Atlantis was only inspired by other, similar stories, much like Iram of the Pillars...

www.abovetopsecret.com...&addstar=1&on=13735445#pid13735445

Hi daaskapital

Atlantis is in the sub-conscious of many people on earth who know Atlantis did exist, if its not for you thats fine

why do you believe TPTB ?

why do you believe there are no star men? and that many races of star men couldn't have colonized earth ?

posted on Sep, 14 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

The one thing I dislike about this website are the people who choose not to discuss or enlighten. They force their understanding on you and try to force opinions on people without presenting facts. I have been studying these types of thing before Robert Bauval and Graham Hancock had any books, they were just gems I found along the way. Religion can only be seen as a tool of enslavement if one lacks the proper understanding. It would be like someone viewing the earth from outer space and claiming they understanding the workings of a complex society. I didn't say race, their are people on 3 different continents that call themselves star people. I was just throwing that out there so you can find a better choice of words.

I don't understand how religion can be used to enslave humans when its fundemental elements are based on enlightenment = ultimate freedom. I believe the interpretation of divine and sacred writings/teachings have enslaved humans because of the limited understanding and comprehension of ignorant men. In order to understand religion you must dwell in to history. Not the 6000 year old history that guys like you proclaim to be the start of civilization but the history before his-story.

I can tell you have not stepped out of the box because you still use a compartment/division style of thought which is recognized by your usage of the word race. This is propelled by the youngest 'variation' to the human family. There are many kinds of beings but as your understanding grows you will see that there is only variations of one race.

.....and they did not come in space ships, this is was their home first.

Hi AKINOFTHEFIRSSTARS

i have forced nothing on you eh eh, i have changed your perceptions and you are scarred of that, its common through history, google: plato's cave

you pray to one of the gods for protection but can sense now he might not be there and it scares you so you feel i am forcing this thread on you, you dont have to read it,if its not to your understanding thats ok with me

pray to your spirit it is god and it is real

re:
I don't understand how religion can be used to enslave humans when its fundemental elements are based on enlightenment = ultimate freedom.

freedom not, it took 300 years for the church to admit the earth is not flat so how long will other truths take?

ANYTHING THAT GETS YOU TO PRAY TO ONE OF THE GODS HAS TAKEN YOUR POWER OF YOUR SPIRIT

religion was invented by star men who enslaved us without us knowing

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Gentleman, Op, you are deluded and your post is all crock. thats my opinion!

What the heck does TPTB have to do with vimanas and vedic texts.

Indeed you are delusional!

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

charming, did we take a bitter pill today coredrill?

TPTB have viamas and they dont want you to have one, thats why i mention it

try and take emotion out of your thinking you might come up with good ideas to solutions then, not to mention more popular

edit on 15-9-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by HiGilgamesh

Here is more info on ancient nuke wars

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
edit on 13-9-2012 by HiGilgamesh because: (no reason given)

Don't know about the rest but this one isn't true.

Mohenjo-daro
rationalwiki.org...

Mohenjo-daro is an archeology site of one of the largest Indus Valley civilizations that thrived around 2000 BCE. Pseudohistorians and proponents of ancient advanced civilizations or extraterrestrial visitations claim that there is evidence that its population was killed off by an atomic bomb explosion around 1500 BCE. The claim is ridiculous and the proffered evidence is rife with pseudoscience; this, of course, didn't stop it from being featured prominently on the History Channel's show Ancient Aliens...
........The biggest problem with the nuclear blast claim at Mohenjo-daro is actually just looking at pictures of the dig site. The buildings were made with kiln fired mud bricks. Some of the walls are still 15 feet high. How a mud brick wall withstands a nuclear blast never seems to be addressed.

More information at the site.

Hi

most of those debunk websites are lame stream media

if you look into what other people (non-lame stream media people) you will get truth
lame stream media is 90% lie wrapped in 10% truth on a good day

posted on Sep, 15 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
ponder things then say this in your mind:
i ask my Spirit and The Creation to release me from confusion

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join