It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wisconsin Economy Surging Without Tax Increases

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Wisconsin's tax revenues have actually increased by 4.7% in fiscal 2012 !!

But without tax increases !!

WOW *

Somebody needs to "write that in" tonight for Obama's speech

The day after the nation's debt surpassed $16 trillion, Wisconsin officials announced their state took in more tax revenue than expected -- without raising taxes.

According to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue, tax collections increased 4.7 percent in fiscal year 2012 to $13.5 billion, beating the Department’s May 2012 estimate by $126.6 million and The Legislative Fiscal Bureau’s February estimate by $320 million.

The MacIver Institute notes that when Gov. Scott Walker came into office in January of 2011, Wisconsin faced a $3.6 billion deficit.

After Walker’s reforms, especially those concerning public sector unions, and spending cuts, Wisconsin started going down the path toward fiscal solvency.

I think Wisconsin has 10 electoral votes.

They will be going to Romney now.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

So keeping taxes low encourages companies to hire more which increases the amount of tax payers which increases the amount that government takes in???

*wow*

Does the left know about this?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Pshaw! Think how much better it would have been WITH tax increases...

Stupid conservatives!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That wingnut John F Kennedy would be proud.

Lower rates of taxation will stimulate economic activity and so raise the levels of personal and corporate income as to yield within a few years an increased – not a reduced – flow of revenues to the federal government. – John F. Kennedy, Jan. 17, 1963, annual budget message to the Congress, fiscal year 1964

A tax cut means higher family income and higher business profits and a balanced federal budget. Every taxpayer and his family will have more money left over after taxes for a new car, a new home, new conveniences, education and investment. Every businessman can keep a higher percentage of his profits in his cash register or put it to work expanding or improving his business, and as the national income grows, the federal government will ultimately end up with more revenues. – John F. Kennedy, Sept. 18, 1963 address to the nation on tax-reduction bill

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Let's put JFK in context, shall we? During his presidency the public debt was in the order of $300B give or take. The tax rate of the highest tax bracket was 70% (having just come down from 91%). Today, the public debt is almost 50 times higher and the tax rate of the highest tax bracket is 35%. The deficit is almost 30 times higher. It takes alot of tax revenue to service that kind of debt.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Well Fiscal 2012 is only half over so the story is a half truth if anything.

You should note that in 2011 the average state saw tax revenues increase by 8.9%. Wisconsin grew revenue by 6.8%, so if anything they are lagging the nation as a whole.

State Tax Collections

Maybe if he had kept the public employee agreements, which they now appear to have money to do so, then the tax collections growth would have likely been much closer to the national average.

A desire to believe does not replace due diligence and the reality it provides.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
The American Economy added 200,000 more jobs this month!

Go America!

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

THEY DIDN"T BUILD THAT!!!!!!

Let me add, that I think both parties are criminals and traitors to the vision our Constitution was created for! I am NOT just against Obama, but against the corrupt government that tells us they are working for the interest of "WE THE PEOPLE", when in fact they work for the global bankers and multinational corporations!!!! How else can anyone explain the 16 Triillion dollar debt our country is in???

edit on 6-9-2012 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
It's not about increasing government revenue. It is about "fairness"

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   

You know right that the left isn't swayed by or in the business of facts and logic, correct?

They believe that what they think is correct, which makes it correct in their book.

Besides, zealots will never eccept any proof, as prrof of anything. Unless they believe it, in which case, there will never be enough to proof to change their minds.

Go ahead and flame leftly zealots, I am not a righty either. I belive your both off the deep end.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Sry double post, my droid had a schizo moment
edit on 6-9-2012 by inverslyproportional because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

Agreed!

Left, right, dem, republican, liberal, conservative......

Why can't we all just be Americans, for America?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Go America!

was that for Wisconsin?

or the whole USA?

It's still way below break-even.

It's the malarkey Donkey economics again

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen

Originally posted by thepresident

Go America!

was that for Wisconsin?

or the whole USA?

The Private Sector added 200,000 jobs this month

Would you rather have 200,000 people collecting welfare?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

How does a record amount of people on food stamps grab you?????

We've been told by the financial experts for months now that the U.S. recession is officially over. That may be what the calculations say, but it certainly doesn't feel that way for the millions of Americans struggling to keep their heads above water, or their mortgages away from the financial cliff, or any of the other dozens of cliches we've created to try and keep stories about financial woes at least marginally distinguishable from one another. To wit: In June, 46.7 million people used food stamps in America. That's roughly one out of every five adults and more people than have used food stamps in the program's 50-year history.

Source

Care to continue your deflections or would you like to put down your pom poms and come down to reality to realize that these things are going to bite us all in the ass if we don't quit this stupid partisanship garbage???

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by seeker1963

How does a record amount of people on food stamps grab you?????

We've been told by the financial experts for months now that the U.S. recession is officially over. That may be what the calculations say, but it certainly doesn't feel that way for the millions of Americans struggling to keep their heads above water, or their mortgages away from the financial cliff, or any of the other dozens of cliches we've created to try and keep stories about financial woes at least marginally distinguishable from one another. To wit: In June, 46.7 million people used food stamps in America. That's roughly one out of every five adults and more people than have used food stamps in the program's 50-year history.

Source

Care to continue your deflections or would you like to put down your pom poms and come down to reality to realize that these things are going to bite us all in the ass if we don't quit this stupid partisanship garbage???

Say's he who just posted a mess of partisan garbage.

I guess you would have like to increase that record to 200,000 more?

Maybe you should stop welcoming your defeat and being so negative,
YOU are the exact cause for low consumer confidence, not the politicians.

You infect everyone you talk to with your negativity and you spread it like
a virus.

edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What was partisan about what I posted??? Please enlighten me!!!

Really, is that all you got????

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

What was partisan about what I posted??? Please enlighten me!!!

Really, is that all you got????

Hey, if you want to be a negative son of a gun that's your thing.

Do you want more people on welfare or do you want more people working?

I know you are secretly butt hurt because the economy is slowly improving which
makes a lot of you look like negative wing nuts.
edit on 6-9-2012 by thepresident because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

makes a lot of you look like negative wing nuts

Would you care to answer my question? Or would you rather use deflection tactics to make you feel better?

Wingnut???? You must be getting beat down to resort to name calling? Is that in Saul Alinskys book? Hmmm, I might have to go and refresh my memory........

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

makes a lot of you look like negative wing nuts

Would you care to answer my question? Or would you rather use deflection tactics to make you feel better?

Wingnut???? You must be getting beat down to resort to name calling? Is that in Saul Alinskys book? Hmmm, I might have to go and refresh my memory........

You provided a couple rhetorical questions

Let's check the handy dandy dictionary-

rhetorical question 
noun
a question asked solely to produce an effect or to make an assertion and not to elicit a reply, as “What is so rare as a day in June?”

Yup

What might be the most ironic thing about this is that you probably DID read the book

I prefer reading prefer reading history myself.

<<   2  3 >>

join