It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The economy keeps expanding...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by thepresident

Over 4 million babies are born in America each year.
200,000 jobs is a drop in the bucket

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Another fact check:
162k jobs "created" July.

...Unemployment % rose as a result.
edit on 6-9-2012 by SlasherOfVeils because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Damn that good news!!!!

Damn YOU!!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thepresident

Originally posted by crawdad1914
How many centuries of continued "expanding" will it take to pay off a 16 trillion dollar debt?
So far this "expanding economy" has cost us a few Trillion in added debt.

I dont buy into this fluff, no matter who is serving it up to me.
edit on 6-9-2012 by crawdad1914 because: clarify

So you don't think America is adding new jobs?

Or are you protesting that this is positive information?

I watch these threads and just shake my head. The US is in a negative export position. That means money leaves the country, money that could be making jobs and new manufacturing. Jobs are leaving the US, both manufacturing and service jobs. The jobs left after the migration of higher paying service jobs and manufacturing jobs (and the resulting profit), leaves simple service jobs which force a decline in the standard of living across the board. You have to understand that the amount of money or value of the US is close to finite. The "pie" is only so large and in order to make the US "pie" larger, money or value has to be brought into the US from outside sources through exports.

You can add water (jobs) to a toilet, but coriolis effect will take over and the more water you add, the faster the water will accelerate towards the drain. Obama has either had the bad luck, bad judgement or deliberate misfortune of being potus during the decline. The only thing that may pull the US (and most other countries/colonies) out of this mess will be enforced libertarian principles, a social credit system and at least the firing of every one of these damn politicians, treason charges would be better of course.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by bobs_uruncle

How many centuries of continued "expanding" will it take to pay off a 16 trillion dollar debt?

I watch these threads and just shake my head. The US is in a negative export position. That means money leaves the country, money that could be making jobs and new manufacturing. Jobs are leaving the US, both manufacturing and service jobs. The jobs left after the migration of higher paying service jobs and manufacturing jobs (and the resulting profit), leaves simple service jobs which force a decline in the standard of living across the board. You have to understand that the amount of money or value of the US is close to finite. The "pie" is only so large and in order to make the US "pie" larger, money or value has to be brought into the US from outside sources through exports.

You can add water (jobs) to a toilet, but coriolis effect will take over and the more water you add, the faster the water will accelerate towards the drain. Obama has either had the bad luck, bad judgement or deliberate misfortune of being potus during the decline. The only thing that may pull the US (and most other countries/colonies) out of this mess will be enforced libertarian principles, a social credit system and at least the firing of every one of these damn politicians, treason charges would be better of course.

Cheers - Dave

Dave,

You realize that this news is about NEW jobs, not about outsourcing.

A toilet is a nice analogy, but the economy is not subject to that exact principle.

If the 200,000 jobs that were created this last month were repeated every month

over the next three years, that would be 7,200,000 new jobs.

exports are up 30% says this article...

www.npr.org...

I appreciate you views, but I hope America is doing better than you reckon

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Deny Ignorance is supposed to be the term to live by on this forum.

Look around, most people I know are unemployed or working a job that pays 1/2 of what they used to earn. Government can take their bs stats and shove them.

We aren't out of a recession, our job market sucks, more illegals coming in, people still lost a majority of their 401k's, we are paying more taxes and we are facing economic collapse on a 16+ trillion dollar debt..and that number is buttered up as well.

I can't believe someone thinks everything is just dandy and we are on our way up. We are going down and there is no way to avoid it.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by xstealth

Look around, most people I know are unemployed or working a job that pays 1/2 of what they used to earn. Government can take their bs stats and shove them.

We aren't out of a recession, our job market sucks, more illegals coming in, people still lost a majority of their 401k's, we are paying more taxes and we are facing economic collapse on a 16+ trillion dollar debt..and that number is buttered up as well.

I can't believe someone thinks everything is just dandy and we are on our way up. We are going down and there is no way to avoid it.

We don't have to go down, that is a choice.

The company who provided the DATA I used is in the private sector.

IF this economy could create

200,000 new jobs for 3 years consistently, that would be over 7 million new jobs.

Hopefully the Private economy will have to hire higher skilled jobs to manage and

account for the new workers.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Dave,

A toilet is a nice analogy, but the economy is not subject to that exact principle.

www.npr.org...

It seems blaringly apparent that you know little to nothing about economics or math, so let me ask the questions and hopefully you can understand;

If the economy needs 350,000 new jobs added per month to maintain the economy and only 200,000 are added, can the economy continue to run and for how long before it can no longer support itself without loans from other countries?

If a car gets 30 mpg and needs 20 gallons to travel 600 miles and you only give the car 11.42 gallons can it still travel 600 miles or how far will it travel?

ETA: Here's another analogy; If you need $2,000 (jobs req.) a month for bills and to live, and you have $1,142 (jobs created) in income per month, but you have $4,000 (selling of assets) in the bank, how long can you last before you're flat broke?

Plus there is the added problem of the lack of external input to fuel the entire process, so your idea, or Obama's as it may be is an ABSOLUTE FAIL.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 9/7.2012 by bobs_uruncle because: the ETA

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Dave,

www.npr.org...

It seems blaringly apparent that you know little to nothing about economics or math, so let me ask the questions and hopefully you can understand;

If the economy needs 350,000 new jobs added per month to maintain the economy and only 200,000 are added, can the economy continue to run and for how long before it can no longer support itself without loans from other countries?

If a car gets 30 mpg and needs 20 gallons to travel 600 miles and you only give the car 11.42 gallons can it still travel 600 miles or how far will it travel?

Plus there is the added problem of the lack of external input to fuel the entire process, so your idea, or Obama's as it may be is an ABSOLUTE FAIL.

Cheers - Dave

If the economy picks up more steam, as it has been doing the employment numbers
will get better and better.

I really wonder,

Would you prefer that those 200,000 remained on the roles of Welfare?

Many of the responses on this thread have applied a negative, lose/lose mentality.

Exports are up too -

May I ask you why you chose to view positive information in such a negative light?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

200,000 new jobs for 3 years consistently, that would be over 7 million new jobs.

Hopefully the Private economy will have to hire higher skilled jobs to manage and

You clearly don't live in reality.

7 million new jobs isn't a drop in the bucket for our situation. Our national debt is impossible to pay off.

We are going down, and we don't have a choice.

edit on 7/9/12 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Dave,

www.npr.org...

Cheers - Dave

I really wonder,

Many of the responses on this thread have applied a negative, lose/lose mentality.

Exports are up too -

May I ask you why you chose to view positive information in such a negative light?

It is NOT positive information, it is a net loss of at least 45% per month every month over what is required for simple maintenance which is called a deficit. Positive information would be any number above 100% of the required maintenance figure which is called a surplus.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   

You clearly don't live in reality.

7 million new jobs isn't a drop in the bucket for our situation. Our national debt is impossible to pay off.

We are going down, and we don't have a choice.

It is not impossible to pay off - difficult but not impossible

Our debt ratio was higher post WWII - we paid that off

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Cheers - Dave

Dave,

www.npr.org...

Cheers - Dave

I really wonder,

Exports are up too -

It is NOT positive information, it is a net loss of at least 45% per month every month over what is required for simple maintenance which is called a deficit. Positive information would be any number above 100% of the required maintenance figure which is called a surplus.

Cheers - Dave

Dave, you're exaggerating now Dave,

People becoming employed in a job that did not previously exist is not a lost job...

Don't get Orwellian on us now.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Clearly conservative folks are quick to take positive information
and turn it into negative information.

I ask you, are you the source of the consumer confidence crisis in America???

Is it your negative attitude that is dragging this economy down?

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   

You do realize that in order to get back to this message, I first have to click on "Tools." You make no sense and drone on continuously with the same nonsense providing nothing. I can only think of two very similar groups that do this, Shills and Trolls. I'm done feeding the trolls ;-) Good luck with your delusions.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   

We are now in the 30 month of continual job growth in America.
The economy added 200,000 more jobs in the latest jobs report.

As long as we maintain above 8% unemployment it doesn't matter. One thing you do not see here is when 5 million lose their 60k a year job and then take a 25k a year job to make ends meat...they get added to the growth...lol ya growth...

So numbers like the middle class makes 4000 less per year than they did 4 years ago, gas is double, food is almost double, and just about everything else too...but we are doing better...

You also don't seem to think 16 trillion is not a big number but it will drive the cost of living up to triple in a short period of time and not just double...

Also the money Obama wasted...ya wasted...like 800 billion that we could have just paid each person out of work 300k and done better....

For everyone...just look at your life today...if it is better, or getting better, vote Obama...if not, I would question his hype.

Edit to add:

I think I read that we need 350k a month job growth to show an improvement and anything under that is still a recession, so is 200k a growth or a failure?

edit on 7-9-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   

You do realize that in order to get back to this message, I first have to click on "Tools." You make no sense and drone on continuously with the same nonsense providing nothing. I can only think of two very similar groups that do this, Shills and Trolls. I'm done feeding the trolls ;-) Good luck with your delusions.

Cheers - Dave

I am trying to get you to look at your emotionally based position and have you challenge
it.

The vast majority of people who came in this thread found a way to make positive
economic data APPEAR to be negative.

That is a fact,

If this were a science experiment, that would be the conclusion.

Just like most of the other posters you have exhibited the exact

same pattern.

But in the end you call me a troll for pointing out that

NEW JOBS

in a faltering economy is A BAD THING!

Thanks for playing

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   
More bogus numbers from the department of propaganda. And you guys are believing it. Baaaa. Good sheep.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
we get new jobs but we lose even more.

I don't even trust their numbers, they play with unemployment figures, inflation figures, etc...
edit on 7-9-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:23 AM
link   
the reason people keep screaming there is a problem is because no one
is even talking about ways to actually fix this stuff, the economy is this way
because they deregulated things back in the earlier parts of 2k and now
we are seeing what happens when you take away allot of the rules that
govern how greedy people are allowed to be in a super simplified way
of putting it.

the sick thing is to me, that no one is even addressing the real problem
at all, where did all the jobs go and why? where did the idea of fair compensation
for services rendered go and why? where did all that money that vanished
trillions if i understand correctly just vanished, again, why? no one will
answer because they are all involved, if not directly then they know that
they simply looked the other way while this all went down, spending your
way out of dept is a failed concept.

truth is we unfortunately have to regulate greed because otherwise we
see idiotic things like oh we cant compete in the current market without
super cheap labor, no that is plain wrong, they could compete they simply
refuse to settle for decent profits every year and not record breaking profits,
mark my words, this is the thing that will destroy us until we learn to say
no to ludicrous greed. business school always teaches if you arent
growing as a company then your failing, what the heck happened to
being a stable business that posts good earnings on a consistent basis?

unlimited growth is simply an insane idea, eventually you outgrow yourself
and fall apart or splinter into smaller groups anyway.... thats like saying, more is
always better..... thats an obvious fallacy, prudent growth to meet demand
and maintaining a balanced well thought out solid business is the only
way to ensure success, if you continue to gamble by growing growing growing
then you lose big in the end, as most of the US auto makers did then
ask the tax payers to pay for your incompetence, how the heck does that even
add up? we ran our business into the ground, oh by the way can we borrow
your money since we waste ours? i promise we wont run this one into
the ground too! if a business fails, i dont care how big, it needed to, that is a true
free market, you know, where you have to actually sell something people want and
are willing to pay for.

so as soon as any of those fools in our guberment learn how to grow a pair
and start asking why and not accepting "i dont know" as the answer then
i will stand behind them.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join